Green and White Practice Saturday Night

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Did Hamilcar Rasheed, Sherwood, Nasrildeen or Milo Eifler get any playing time?

Anyone flash?

Sherwood played as every down LB with the 2s. He looked fine.

Hamsah was the starting WLB with the first team. He also spelled Cashman during 2 drives with the second teamas the MIKE. Hamsah looks good dropping into zones. I liked his play. 

I didn’t note Eifler at all. 

Hamilcar played as the LEO with the 3rd team. He had a pressure on a nicely executed stunt. Generally though, he looked stiff especially compared to Huff and Lawson. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Weak arm?  Now you're trolling.  Or clueless, maybe blind. 

You're one of those who thinks arm strength is everything.  You would have cut Montana, Young, Bree's, etc etc with that kind of thinking. 

Maybe I am blind but Im not seeing the ball pop off his arm like you do with the other rookies (besides Jones). He's been under throwing guys in camp too.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe I am blind but Im not seeing the ball pop off his arm like you do with the other rookies (besides Jones). He's been under throwing guys in camp too.

I must be blind too because I haven’t seen him or other rookies play in camp outside of a  few highlights taken off cell phone cameras. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You are blind. His arm is noticeably live in practice. He actually hits targets with velocity and it’s not hard to notice. 

Absolutely. There are def legit gripes to be made about Zach Wilson. Arm strength isn't one of them. He's got more then enough arm. His judgment in tight windows is pretty rough but at this stage of development, it'd be more of a surprise if it weren't.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Becton has been an absolute turnstile this entire camp so far.  That is the most concerning thing for me.

He wasn’t that during the practice. He got beat by generally the pressure was coming away from Becton. Lawson did drop Becton once but Lawson had pressure against RT and JFM also got pressure against the right side. Becton’s worst pass protection rep came against Huff. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

True. Just beaten down by this team and their inability to draft a QB. Too much looking incorrect on Wilson so far to be confident.

Reading camp reports he's playing better than not, doing well for a rookie.  

The "Sky is falling brigade" sees and hears what they want.  Like you proclaiming that Zach has a weak arm.  Proving you're either a troll or Stevie Wonder when you then ask if we scouted Lance a number of times.  Would love to see how Lance would scrimmage against this D.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Guys are blowing right by him.  I would think the weight loss would make him quicker and be better against speed rushers.

Agreed, but I guess what I'm hinting at is how did he drop the weight so fast? Seems like everyone was shocked at what great shape he came back in.

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Regardless of how well or poorly he practices right now, I still dont see why this coaching staff had to crown him the week 1 starter right after he was drafted. What was the rush? If anything, with the question marks on this team and coaching staff, he should be sitting week 1.

I don’t understand this either…biggest part of establishing a winning culture….is winning!

New regime, wins matter, we aren’t tanking anymore. 

Additionally, we have a rookie HC, OC, and a young team scattered with rookies throughout the lineup. Why not have Wilson sit 4-6 games, or if he beats out the vet in camp to earn the starting job, then great. 

I get that they wanted to get him as many reps as possible, but they should have signed a Mullens or someone non-threatening that could have been ready in a pinch to start.

Not the end of the world either way. If Wilson is going to be “THE GUY” then a rough start to the first quarter-half of the season shouldn’t shell shock him. If it does…then he ain’t the guy anyway.

Sounds like a lot of those great plays in practice, “Wilson hits Moore for 30, but it would’ve been a sack,” turned out to just be a sack in the scrimmage. Good wake up call and learning experience for Zach, I hope. 

Not discouraged by the 4th down interception. The QB has to try to make a play there even if there’s nothing available. 

Also hoping that DL is more for real than Becton and the OL are not. That was the most concerning thing I was reading in this thread. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t understand this either…biggest part of establishing a winning culture….is winning!

New regime, wins matter, we aren’t tanking anymore. 

Additionally, we have a rookie HC, OC, and a young team scattered with rookies throughout the lineup. Why not have Wilson sit 4-6 games, or if he beats out the vet in camp to earn the starting job, then great. 

I get that they wanted to get him as many reps as possible, but they should have signed a Mullens or someone non-threatening that could have been ready in a pinch to start.

Not the end of the world either way. If Wilson is going to be “THE GUY” then a rough start to the first quarter-half of the season shouldn’t shell shock him. If it does…then he ain’t the guy anyway.

Another huge void left by the absolutely tragic passing of coach Knapp.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The "Sky is falling brigade" sees and hears what they want.  Like you proclaiming that Zach has a weak arm.  Proving you're either a troll or Stevie Wonder when you then ask if we scouted Lance a number of times.  Would love to see how Lance would scrimmage against this D.

Reading the 49ers board and Lance experienced the same thing last night in their live scrimmage game in front of fans. Only difference is Lance got 2nd team snaps to Jimmy G’s 1st team reps. We don’t have a fallback like SF in Jimmy

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Was not talking about you.  There are people in this thread, and on twitter and Jet facebook groups, who seem to be virtually high fiving each other and taking their victory lap because Zach struggled, Mims is dropping down the depth chart, Becton struggling to handle Lawson, and concluding  JD is not the answer, etc... 

Some of these guys may turn out to be right.  But if they are, we are in for another 3 to 5 years of miserable football.  That is nothing to celebrate or be happy about.

As for me, I am not going to put too much weight on a bad practice.  I hope Zach and the first team offense show steady improvement throughout August and he is ready to lead a competent offense by September.  There is a learning curve coming to the NFL and Zach will struggle at times, just like almost any other rookie QB.  Last night was ugly, but that does not mean Zach sucks.

I really think the practices we are going to have with the Packers now that Rodgers is back will help Zach. Hope he can get some “alone time” with him to pick his brain.

• Sympathy 2

15 minutes ago, slats said:

Not discouraged by the 4th down interception. The QB has to try to make a play there even if there’s nothing available. 

And let's face it, he knows he playing in a glorified practice, he's not some idiot who thinks it's a real game with real game like ramifications.   You have to take a little more risks than you would in a game.  Throw a pick in practice and you're not risking a W like a real game. 

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Reading the 49ers board and Lance experienced the same thing last night in their live scrimmage game in front of fans. Only difference is Lance got 2nd team snaps to Jimmy G’s 1st team reps. We don’t have a fallback like SF in Jimmy

Both Lance and Fields have been practicing mostly against backups a while Wilson has been going against the 1st team defense 

Lance struggles against backups and a car fender keeps repeating, did we scout Lance.  Why?  

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

How did Morgan look? Did he get a decent amount of reps?

Morgan and White looked good. They had less pressure on them overall. Neither lacks arm strength but their reps overall seemed less urgent. Morgan doesn’t move fluidly and White doesn’t have the drive on the ball that Morgan has.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How many Jet practices have you gone to, the ones that erased 3 years of BYU ball and his pro day?  The handful of 15 second snippets from across the field on a iPhone told you this?

How many Fields practices have you been to?  How many of Lance’s practices?  You realize they’re practicing, up and down too, but against the #2 Defensive units?  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many Jet practices have you gone to, the ones that erased 3 years of BYU ball and his pro day?  The handful of 15 second snippets from across the field on a iPhone told you this?

How many Fields practices have you been to?  How many of Lance’s practices?  You realize they’re practicing, up and down too, but against the #2 Defensive units?  

I want the Jets QB to be good. I think typically initial impressions and looks can tell a story. Wilson has struggled to start- to say we shouldn't be concerned, considering this franchises history of drafting QB's...would be shortsighted. 

After the Jets drafted Wilson I did watch some BYU stuff and he didnt face any sort of pressure whatsoever. He had all day to throw to open guys. No one could honestly tell you how that would transition to the pro's.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Trey Lance was garbage at the scrimmage yesterday 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Was not talking about you.  There are people in this thread, and on twitter and Jet facebook groups, who seem to be virtually high fiving each other and taking their victory lap because Zach struggled, Mims is dropping down the depth chart, Becton struggling to handle Lawson, and concluding  JD is not the answer, etc... 

Some of these guys may turn out to be right.  But if they are, we are in for another 3 to 5 years of miserable football.  That is nothing to celebrate or be happy about.

As for me, I am not going to put too much weight on a bad practice.  I hope Zach and the first team offense show steady improvement throughout August and he is ready to lead a competent offense by September.  There is a learning curve coming to the NFL and Zach will struggle at times, just like almost any other rookie QB.  Last night was ugly, but that does not mean Zach sucks.

I agree with everything you said. It's hard for me to not think back to what could have been with Sam. Same skill set. Different coaching now. More receiver talent. Wilson is being givin the chance to grow and become a quality QB.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I’m shocked and outraged by this. Would you care to engage in a duel?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I want the Jets QB to be good. I think typically initial impressions and looks can tell a story. Wilson has struggled to start- to say we shouldn't be concerned, considering this franchises history of drafting QB's...would be shortsighted. 

After the Jets drafted Wilson I did watch some BYU stuff and he didnt face any sort of pressure whatsoever. He had all day to throw to open guys. No one could honestly tell you how that would transition to the pro's.

He was good to really good in all but two practices, one being his first practice after flying right to camp on a red eye from the WC and tossed into a practice.  
Which QB did you watch who faced constant pressure?  None do.  The Wilson didn’t face enough pressure therefore he had it easy is laughable.  Along with he had all day to throw.  Every time 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Good summary and tight beard.

Wilson is a ballsy, competitive young man who evidently consumes tape. The coaching staff are probably meeting today to review. The pass protection continues to be an issue vs. a very talented DL. I expect to see a greater emphasis on protection heading into the Giants game with 2 TE sets and running the ball being priority #1. 

By the comments I saw, it looked as if the running game was not the priority last night (would like to get run/pass play #’s) which makes sense for these reasons:

* Coaches need to evaluate the DB’s in game situations. We have a lot of young players who are all lumped together talent wise and in need of coverage snaps. Opportunities to stand out and separate yourself is required.

* Zach requires a crash course getting ready for Carolina. Especially taking snaps under center, identifying blitz packages (if any last night) and checking out of plays as well as getting a feel for game speed under the lights and in front of fans.

* Teams will be taking away the run game and making the rookie Qb make plays. Might as well focus on that aspect of the game in practice, get the kid’s feet in the fire and let him take his lumps early and often until he and the offense start figuring it out. Better to learn against teammates than the Vagiants and Packers.

If anyone attending last nights scrimmage can comment on play selection (# runs vs. pass) and if there were blitz packages run I’d appreciate it 

Awesome write up here my man and I agree! The beard is a new addition to our family. It is sort of like a pet. We might keep it! ? 

• Haha 1