Coach Saleh is our Bill Cowher.

Remember how psyched we all were when Bowles was hired?  Finally, a great DC to become our HC savior.  

But then?  Bowles needed to manage the entire game/staff, not just his defense.   Like so many other DCs/OCs who attempted the transition to HC, he bombed.  Most of these guys are just not ready/suited to become HCs.  Look at what Bowles has done with TB since going back as DC.  They just extended him for three years, making him the highest paid DC in the NFL.

Now, is Saleh another failure?  I have no idea, nor does anyone else. ( I hope to God he works out.)  So I say pump the breaks on all the Saleh media hype.  His test(s) is coming in a few weeks.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Cowher turned the Steelers into perennial super bowl contenders with starting QBs like Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox.

Bubby, O'Donnell, and Stewart all played really well on the Steelers. I give credit to the Steelers for having a QB friendly O.  Cowher had nothing to do with that

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There was some talk this offseason about seeing if Bill Cowher would come out of retirement to coach this team.  Well, that didnt happen.  But we did find the next Bill Cowher in Coach Saleh.  These 2 are very similar to me.

Both from the defensive side of the ball.  Both young.  Both very energetic and passionate about football.  Both super intense on gameday.  Players love them both.

Fellas, we have found the next bill cowher.  i expect coach saleh to be here for 15 years and to one up cowher by winning multiple super bowls.

I hope you are right.  That would be great

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Remember how psyched we all were when Bowles was hired?  Finally, a great DC to become our HC savior.  

But then?  Bowles needed to manage the entire game/staff, not just his defense.   Like so many other DCs/OCs who attempted the transition to HC, he bombed.  Most of these guys are just not ready/suited to become HCs.  Look at what Bowles has done with TB since going back as DC.  They just extended him for three years, making him the highest paid DC in the NFL.

Now, is Saleh another failure?  I have no idea, nor does anyone else. ( I hope to God he works out.)  So I say pump the breaks on all the Saleh media hype.  His test(s) is coming in a few weeks.

If you have listened to any of Saleh's press conferences, you would not think of mentioning Todd Bowles.  Rob Saleh knows more about what his coaches are doing and specifically what this offense is doing then maybe he does on defense.

Listen to how he broke down what denzel mims is struggling with and what he needs to do to get better.  You would think Saleh was a receivers coach.  He was talking about Mims getting off the line of scrimmage, what he needs to do on his routes etc.  The detail he had on a single player was crazy.  And he wasnt prepped to talk about Mims.

Ive been asking for Saleh for a few years now.  And we have him.  Enjoy Jet fans!!!!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If you have listened to any of Saleh's press conferences, you would not think of mentioning Todd Bowles.  Rob Saleh knows more about what his coaches are doing and specifically what this offense is doing then maybe he does on defense.

Listen to how he broke down what denzel mims is struggling with and what he needs to do to get better.  You would think Saleh was a receivers coach.  He was talking about Mims getting off the line of scrimmage, what he needs to do on his routes etc.  The detail he had on a single player was crazy.  And he wasnt prepped to talk about Mims.

Ive been asking for Saleh for a few years now.  And we have him.  Enjoy Jet fans!!!!

Wonder why he couldn't break down his defense when they blew a 10 point lead with 10 minutes left in their Super Bowl loss?   Take nothing away from the Chiefs/Andy/Mahomes.   What, not detailed enough?

51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

100% on this. He’s been ringing the bell for “ the bald beast”  for at least that. To the point it actually pissed me off. Haha 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

yes, yes, I do, and I know you go through a lot of your life this way, treat others like sh*t but stand on your moral high ground you have claimed brother, its a nice view up there

Beautiful view, with plenty of foie gras, caviar, and Zimas.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Change that his test starts in a few weeks, but we have to give him 2-3 years before we know.  There are many coaches in the HOF who struggled in their first season or two.  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Cowher? **** that sh*t he was coach for like 20 years before he won one, and that was with an elite organization that constantly fielded a good roster. He's overrated quite a bit, no thank you to Cowher lite.

I mean their head coaches are a pretty big reason they’ve been an elite organisation.