Coach Saleh is our Bill Cowher.

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I mean their head coaches are a pretty big reason they’ve been an elite organisation.

I disagree. They're an elite organization, with a long proud history prior to the last two coaches, that fields a strong team regardless of who is coaching. The current coach walked onto a sb team and maintained it. He didn't come in and build it up from nothing with elite coaching skills. I'll give him credit for not screwing up a good thing as many do when presented a sweet position. Having said that give anyone a strong team or an elite QB and they'll make that coach look great just ask BB... Let see how many rings BB wins as HC without Tom.

• Upvote 2

we'll just have to see.   imo coaches can be both underrated and overrated.  guys like seifert and switzer win superbowls with established teams and players.  they were both overrated.  and it can be argued that the bellichicken is overrated because he only won with brady.  other coaches like reid or parcells are underrated because they were winners with multiple teams.  saleh being the new cowher?  cowher certainly brought a team that was in the doldrums back to respectability.  sure it took him a long time and a qb to win the big game but he also went with odonnell at qb.  the point is he was doing some good things for a very long long time and with multiple qbs.  underrated?  maybe not but he wasn't overrated either.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Bubby, O'Donnell, and Stewart all played really well on the Steelers. I give credit to the Steelers for having a QB friendly O.  Cowher had nothing to do with that

So to recap, Brady gets all the credit for Belichick's success but the offensive system that was run when Cowher was the coach for the Steelers gets all the credit. All this despite the low end QBs they had. Cowher was just along for the ride, I guess.

Where can I catch your podcast?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There was some talk this offseason about seeing if Bill Cowher would come out of retirement to coach this team.  Well, that didnt happen.  But we did find the next Bill Cowher in Coach Saleh.  These 2 are very similar to me.

Both from the defensive side of the ball.  Both young.  Both very energetic and passionate about football.  Both super intense on gameday.  Players love them both.

Fellas, we have found the next bill cowher.  i expect coach saleh to be here for 15 years and to one up cowher by winning multiple super bowls.

I have seen Cowher coach football and I have heard him speak.  I have seen Saleh coach football and I have heard him speak.   Saleh is confident, passionate and balanced.  He's also a gentleman.   Bill "Spittle-Face" Cowher is a pseudo tuff-guy that took over a decade to win a Super Bowl with the Pittsburgh Squeelers and that was only with considerable assistance from the league stooges that officiated over that game at the expense of the Seahawks.

I'm *GLAD* the Jets have not found their Cowher.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So to recap, Brady gets all the credit for Belichick's success but the offensive system that was run when Cowher was the coach for the Steelers gets all the credit. All this despite the low end QBs they had. Cowher was just along for the ride, I guess.

Where can I catch your podcast?

It's  obvious now Brady is why the Pats got to the SB's. Do you think Cowher was the reason those QB's played well?

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't want him to become the next Cowher. I just want him to be himself. Because he's pretty damn awesome just the way he is. 

I agree 100%!!

I think that Saleh is truly special and that we are lucky to have him, period....

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is the new & improved Bill Cowher. Now with 30% less spittle -- order yours today!

RLLOL.  Right?  Never has a human had a confluence of sputum like Cowher.   Looked like he had a gypsum tattoo (or remnants of a money shot) on the sides of his mouth always.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Remember how psyched we all were when Bowles was hired?  Finally, a great DC to become our HC savior.  

But then?  Bowles needed to manage the entire game/staff, not just his defense.   Like so many other DCs/OCs who attempted the transition to HC, he bombed.  Most of these guys are just not ready/suited to become HCs.  Look at what Bowles has done with TB since going back as DC.  They just extended him for three years, making him the highest paid DC in the NFL.

Now, is Saleh another failure?  I have no idea, nor does anyone else. ( I hope to God he works out.)  So I say pump the breaks on all the Saleh media hype.  His test(s) is coming in a few weeks.

I hear what you are saying BUT!!!!!!

Bowles while a knowledgeable coach had in the MAIN HORIFIC Assistants.  They were awful ---Indeed they were so bad that the team couldn't fire Bowles because the remaining coaches were either too inexperienced to lead or they STUNK!!

Much different now, and yes while it is early on, it definitely appears that Saleh has competent coaches!  Think on this the Jets have....Coaches that other teams actually wanted! 

Coaches who are coming here because this is their FIRST OPTION not their LAST!

Coaches that have innovative ideas for the NFL and are not out and were found literally somewhere hiking over the planet....

So I hear but you can relax  because these Jets are different!!

I hope!!! :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  obvious now Brady is why the Pats got to the SB's. Do you think Cowher was the reason those QB's played well?

Over his tenure Cowher had 6 different offensive coordinators. If you want to credit them for getting the most out of mediocre QB's, at a minimum you should credit him for selecting the best offensive coordinators. 

In the 5 years prior to Cowher the Steelers averaged 7.6 wins per season, had one wildcard appearance, and one playoff game W. In the first 5 years with Cowher the Steelers averaged 10.6 wins per season won 4 division titles, had 5 playoff appearances, won 4 playoff games and had 1 superbowl appearance w/Neil O'Donnel at QB. They had 2 different OC's during that time. 

He immediately turned the Steelers around from an average-below average team and made them a perennial superbowl contender with mediocre QBs.  Show me another coach who has done that. I'll bet you can count them on one hand.

35 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree 100%!!

I think that Saleh is truly special and that we are lucky to have him, period....

I always loved Rex Ryan and he turned Revis into a GOAT and utilized him one on one on an island against #1 WRs like no NFL coach ever has but let's be real man Rex was blessed with the likes of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed as Baltimore's DC before being given an NFL opportunity as an NYJ head coach etc. 

Coach Saleh? He's truly self made. What he did in San Francisco despite A.) His best player in Bosa being injured and B.) His entire Defense being ravaged and depleted by injuries but yet still ranking top 5 in NFL team Defense was C.) Incredible. Absolutely incredible (and mind boggling to me as a Defensive minded Football fan).

He's loved by his players. He calls Elijah Moore his dog. These kids are going to run through brick walls for him and he's going to develop and coach up Carl Lawson, Quinnen Williams, C.J. Mosley, Marcus Maye and my FSU dude Hamsah Nasirildeen into absolute NFL stars. We're 100% going to field a top 1-3 Defense under coach Saleh this year. 

I know I'm excited about Elijah Moore but I'm more excited about coach SALEH and planning on making this (below) my JN avatar. 

180222948_images(6).jpeg.f98089b4df4e65344e5e2de303c3a5c1.jpeg

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I hear what you are saying BUT!!!!!!

Bowles while a knowledgeable coach had in the MAIN HORIFIC Assistants.  They were awful ---Indeed they were so bad that the team couldn't fire Bowles because the remaining coaches were either too inexperienced to lead or they STUNK!!

Much different now, and yes while it is early on, it definitely appears that Saleh has competent coaches!  Think on this the Jets have....Coaches that other teams actually wanted! 

Coaches who are coming here because this is their FIRST OPTION not their LAST!

Coaches that have innovative ideas for the NFL and are not out and were found literally somewhere hiking over the planet....

So I hear but you can relax  because these Jets are different!!

I hope!!! :) 

Chuck ?, I get everything you're saying.  All I want to convey is that we should wait to laud Saleh until he actually does something like win games and take us out of laughing stock mode.  

And sorry, but I've seen too many "can't miss" prospects sh*t the bed.  Saleh starts fresh with me.  But he needs to prove himself before I compare him to Cowher.

• Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Chuck ?, I get everything you're saying.  All I want to convey is that we should wait to laud Saleh until he actually does something like win games and take us out of laughing stock mode.  

And sorry, but I've seen too many "can't miss" prospects sh*t the bed.  Saleh starts fresh with me.  But he needs to prove himself before I compare him to Cowher.

Alas you are RIGHT!!!

image.gif

:)  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There was some talk this offseason about seeing if Bill Cowher would come out of retirement to coach this team.  Well, that didnt happen.  But we did find the next Bill Cowher in Coach Saleh.  These 2 are very similar to me.

Both from the defensive side of the ball.  Both young.  Both very energetic and passionate about football.  Both super intense on gameday.  Players love them both.

Fellas, we have found the next bill cowher.  i expect coach saleh to be here for 15 years and to one up cowher by winning multiple super bowls.

dont talk dirty to me...

If Saleh becomes a 15 year HC god damn that would be great. I truely beleive that after all teh GM and HC we ahve had if he can win and put credibility on the field with Joe D., they are going to resigned and extended for as along as they want. 

It would be a beautiful thing.