62 members have voted

1. 1. How Hyped is EM?

• Strongly too over-hyped
    • Too over-hyped
    • Perfectly hyped
    • Too under-hyped
    • Strongly too under-hyped

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

From what I have seen which isn't  much, he looks like a guy that could be a problem for D's in the open field. Not a red zone target.  

Those underneath "Flat Routes" along the goal line could be his bread and butter or the occasional Jet sweep at the goal line.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Those underneath "Flat Routes" along the goal line could be his bread and butter or the occasional Jet sweep at the goal line.

In places where it is really crowded like the last 20 yards don't  seem like places he can do the most damage. He has moves that will beat you one on one but he doesn't  look like a WR that will drag you into the end zone. 

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In places where it is really crowded like the last 20 yards don't  seem like places he can do the most damage. He has moves that will beat you one on one but he doesn't  look like a WR that will drag you into the end zone. 

He doesn't need to drag you in..... Even with 11 Defensive players within the 20 yd. line..... each has to cover a 30 x 10 area. The same applies to the other WRs correct? Stephon Diggs isn't a giant or built like Corey Davis, yet he has no problems scoring.

This young man appears to be a playa'

Hip Hop Reaction GIF

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Antonio Brown wasnt the type to drag you into the EZ but managed to have seasons with 8, 13, 10, 12, 9 and 15 TDs per.  

You dont have to be 6' 5" to score TDs in the red zone

I dont know how you can be overhyped if you make plays every practice. Should we expect 1400 yards in year one? Probably not, but the guy has looked like our best reciever out there from day 1 and even more importantly Wilson has chemistry with him. For comparison, we've had lesser receivers get just as much hype on here and do nothing.

42 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

He doesn't need to drag you in..... Even with 11 Defensive players within the 20 yd. line..... each has to cover a 30 x 10 area. The same applies to the other WRs correct? Stephon Diggs isn't a giant or built like Corey Davis, yet he has no problems scoring.

This young man appears to be a playa'

Hip Hop Reaction GIF

Well Diggs is 6 ft tall and close to 200 lbs. Moore is like 5'10" and maybe 180 lbs? 

Don't  get me wrong, I lime what Moore can bring, I jist Don't  see him as a do it all WR. 

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Antonio Brown wasnt the type to drag you into the EZ but managed to have seasons with 8, 13, 10, 12, 9 and 15 TDs per.  

That is not at all what I said. It is very possible Moore puts up those kind of TD numbers. He is a guy of he gets loose has the potential to just run away from everyone. I was not a fan of his when we drafted him but I have come around. He has great change of direction.  I just don't  see him as a red zone target. We have better options. 

25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That is not at all what I said. It is very possible Moore puts up those kind of TD numbers. He is a guy of he gets loose has the potential to just run away from everyone. I was not a fan of his when we drafted him but I have come around. He has great change of direction.  I just don't  see him as a red zone target. We have better options. 

Well I used ABs totals as an example of a fast, shifty WR who scored a lot of TDs.  Size wise they’re a lot in common as opposed  to what we normally think of a traditional red zone threat.  Someone who uses moves and quickness to creat space as opposed to out jumping coverage.  So you’re actually agreeing with me.

I don’t know how anyone wasn’t a fan of drafting him though.  He was 

• Sympathy 1

Moore has two of most important skillsets a WR should have:

He has good hands, where he snatches the ball out of the air. No body catches, no cradle catches either. Soft hands that receives the ball much like a shortstop receiving a ground ball.

He runs crisp-precise routes, leans one way and explodes in another direction. He fools the defender to commit and is wide open for the reception where even Tua can make the completion. 

I read draft pundits discuss every year about WR prospect being big bodied, fast, catches contested balls and would be hard to bring down. While these things are important, if the receiver doesn't have good hands and isn't a good route runner then why invest a high draft pick on him? He might pan out, but more often than not, he will end up being a gunner to try to stay in the league. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett and Bradin Cooks are 5'10 and all went over 80+, 1000 yards.  Hill 15  Lockett 10, Cooks 6, TD's.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Slightly over-hyped by Jets fans, under-hyped in general.

What he is doing is exceptionally rare, how it translates to games we’ll have to wait and see.

This. Just like Pretty Boy, let's see how he actually plays in an NFL game before we order the gold jacket.

I have been optimistic in August for 50 years, only to have the regular season knock the crap out of me year after year (with an occasional bright spot; but alas, no Super Bowl). I hope they are both as good, or even better, than the hype. But hype in August means nothing when you have yet to play a single down of NFL football in your career.

meh, let the reporters have their fun.  set them up to knock them down.  obviously we all want to see moore succeed but you can also imagine people getting antsy when he doesn't post a 100 yard game first time out or drops a couple of passes.  let's see a few games before sending him to canton.

I have no idea if Moore is overhyped or not.  I have not seen him play a down for the Jets with my own eyes, yet.  I try not to get overly optimistic unitl I actually see a guy play.  In the past, we have had to hype up guys like Clyde Gates, David Nelson, Devin Smith, Stephen Hill and Greg Salas.  I just feels different this time -- its not just Jet writers hyping the kid,  Yesterday it was Daniel Jeremiah, before that it was Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports, and PFF.  I am sure there have been others.  

Can't wait to get a look at the kid for myself next week.

51 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Elijah Moore has every WR written down on his mirror (all 5 of them) who were drafted ahead of him (as a chip on his shoulder). 

Screenshot_20210806-091854.thumb.png.0ce830c844afb54bd223dd447da8864c.png

And now I've just written down all 7 of these names of posters on my mirror who consider him as over hyped (as a chip on my avatar) ????

LOL.

I knew you had a vibe!

image.png.4c01cc38ea437875349e218baea2e491.png

• Haha 2