Josh Allen Gets New Deal

ZachEY

43 mill a year avg...

My god.

This exponential rise in QB salary is going to be crippling. It was only what, 4-5 years ago that Cousin's signing with MIN at roughly 30 a year was setting the bar and we've already gone up 15 mill from that...

so Zach's extention will be roughly 55 m a year???

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

43 mill a year avg...

My god.

This exponential rise in QB salary is going to be crippling. It was only what, 4-5 years ago that Cousin's signing with MIN at roughly 30 a year was setting the bar and we've already gone up 15 mill from that...

so Zach's extention will be roughly 55 m a year???

After the lousy QB play we've had for too many years to mention, Woody would gladly pay that if Zach is the real deal.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Mayfield and Jackson must be doing backflips today. Whoever gets paid last, gets paid most. Bills fans probably feel fine paying Allen whatever it takes. The guy has gotten significantly better every year in the league and seems to have solidified himself as a top 3 in the league 

If you're the Browns or Ravens (or their fans) do you feel great about giving that kind of money to Mayfield or Jackson? Jackson especially would be tough for me. Despite his MVP season, imo, he hasn't showed that he has been able to develop the part of his game needed to win in the playoffs. I suppose at this point they HAVE to pay him and hope for the best, but I'm not sure how great I'd feel about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Josh Allen is a heck of a player.  He is worth every penny of that contract.  He is what we hoped Darnold would have become.

I hope Zach can become the player Josh Allen is.

2 greatly different approaches to bringing in a rookie QB. one team did it better. after the last few games of Sam's rookie year I thought we may have something and then sh!t hit the fan

I hope Zach can be come a perennial top 7-8 QB and JD and Salah turn this team into a machine.

Good. I'm glad.

Because even before this long-term signing they were headed for cap hell this upcoming 2022 offseason with only $785,036 available salary cap space to spend. 

Now? After giving Josh Allen $43M per year? They're going to be in absolute SALARY CAP HELL come 2022's offseason with no ability to improve throughout FA or even keep their own key players. 

Joe Douglas will have over $60M to spend. Buffalo? Will be at over -40M ???

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

My eyes go wide everytime there is one of these new contracts. It's hard to imagine how you'll be able to build a really good roster around your QB when they make that much, but I'll be thrilled if the day ever comes when the Jets give a QB a contract like that. 

If these contracts keep going up like this, I don't see how the league can avoid making some kind of cut out in the salary cap for the QB contract. Unless the cap is going to increase every year, significantly, I'm not sure how teams are going to manage when you have to pay your QB such a big slice of your cap. 

Drafting is more important than ever. I think the days of building super teams through FA ala The Bucs with Brady are going to phase out. I think Superbowl teams are going to be which ever team with a top QB can field the highest number of impact players on rookie contracts. Draft picks have never been more valuable 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Stark said:

probably more but yes... stupidly high salaries

also its so dumb how "the next guy due" to get a contract just gets to become the highest paid at most positions when the guy getting top dollar isn't as good as the guy that actually earned top dollar.

Yes that trend of agent driven “set the market” agenda is really turbocharging this escalation