Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I really hate that he plays for the Bills because he’s so fun to watch.

Also loved that he monumentally f*cked the analytical indicators which is nice to see every so often. 

I hope he called Sam and said..."Don't hATE THE pLAYER, HATE THE gAME"

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now Josh Allen can go back to playing like crap.

Thank God Sam sucked!!! 😀

If he keeps builds on what he was doing last year, getting it done now could wind up being a deal for them. Hope Zach earns a billion dollar contract. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Mayfield and Jackson must be doing backflips today. Whoever gets paid last, gets paid most. Bills fans probably feel fine paying Allen whatever it takes. The guy has gotten significantly better every year in the league and seems to have solidified himself as a top 3 in the league 

If you're the Browns or Ravens (or their fans) do you feel great about giving that kind of money to Mayfield or Jackson? Jackson especially would be tough for me. Despite his MVP season, imo, he hasn't showed that he has been able to develop the part of his game needed to win in the playoffs. I suppose at this point they HAVE to pay him and hope for the best, but I'm not sure how great I'd feel about it. 

Neither one is worth close to what Allen got.  Allen is a stud QB who was elite and still has tremendous upside. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nah. Buffalo as of right now has less than $1M in available salary cap space come 2022s offseason and regardless of how you spin it or where you move money around to etc you'll still be in absolute SALARY CAP HELL with no ability to improve whatsoever throughout Free Agency (as well as signing your own players).

We should all start scouting 2022 Buffalo upcoming free agents because with only $1M in available salary cap space none of them will be coming back and with $60M the Jets can dress up their soon to be FAs in green and white. 

We already signed our big free agents for 2022. The only noteworthy player becoming a free agents is Taron Johnson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

What % of this board a year ago thought Sam Darnold was a better prospect than Josh Allen? 90%?

Probably just slightly larger than the % of everyone who follows the draft, no matter who the rooted for or liked. Darnold was the anticipated #1 pick that year up until hours before it wasn’t. And that was with the same sized consensus that had Lawrence over Wilson this year. Allen was generally considered to be the third, fourth, or later guy that year. Good for him. He always had the tools. But he had not come close to putting it together before last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Facts said:

No, I don’t think so.

Pretty sure they lost like 7 starters.

The Chiefs added Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Austin Blythe, and they are getting back one of their better guards that opted out of covid. They made clear upgrades everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

 

Holy sh*t.

Aaron Rogers aint happy - but seriously the Bills have been the luckiest team I've ever seen the past 2 seasons starting with the down 16-0 comeback win against our Jets. No injury to Mosely and the Bills lose that game and don't make the playoffs - and maybe we still have Gase - uh oh - maybe we got lucky! Anyway a lot of luck has gone the Bills way - missed gimme field goals by other teams, dropped interceptions, ball bouncing the Bills way on fumbles - things will even out and that brings me to my point - I still dont fully believe in Josh Allen as a top QB in this league.  He has some good traits with great coaching and great play design but he has more faults than the top QB's. Maybe I'm wrong - hope not.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The salaries aren't stupid high.  Revenue is going up.  17 games more networks competeing for the rights to games.  Owners still get more than the players.  The salaries are simply a reflection of increasing revenue that warrants it.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

The Chiefs added Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Austin Blythe, and they are getting back one of their better guards that opted out of covid. They made clear upgrades everywhere.

Just looked it up. They lost Eric Fisher, Mitchell Schwartz, Anthony Reiter, Damien Williams, Sammy Watkins, Bashaud Breeland, Damien Wilson, Kelechi Osemele and Kapsaacin.

8 of those players were starters.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/dont-panic-do-worry-about-the-kansas-city-chiefs-offseason-so-far

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

You keep saying I joined to troll, but there is no proof of me ever trolling.

I'm just busting your chops man because you're a new poster and a Bills fan but I get it. You're fired up Buffalo finally won a playoff game and wanted to join a Jets fan base to gloat about it. I get it. 

But I don't understand it.

Why are you talking up your Bills to a longtime suffering Jets fan base who haven't won a SB since the 1968-1969 season? What type of "enjoyment" do you get from that as a Buffalo Bills fan?

And why aren't you gloating over your 2 playoff wins on a N.E message board? Is it because you're scared that they'll laugh off your two playoff wins while gloating about their 6 NFL Championships? 

But yeah. What Buffalo Bills message board do you post on and what's your username over there? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

@slats

 

Lol! For the record, I’m not sold on Allen. But I did always like him better than Rosen, at least, which set me a little bit apart around here. Dude is the prototype size/arm/legs/brains. Either last year was a fluke, or it just took him a while to grow into his body. We’ll get to see it right in our backyard. 

He got paid, though. Good for him. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:
16 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

They dropped their entire offensive line because they sucked in the Superbowl. 

Actually most of their oline were hurt and one of there lineman sat out a year lol but nevertheless they literally upgraded there oline and didn’t lose anyone significant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when the herd mentality here was ripping on the kid for missing the tire swing at the senior bowl?  He was Hack 2.0 with the spidermen pictures?  

One or two say something and it snowballs into the whole board avalanching into group think.  

 

lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paradis said:

43 mill a year avg...

My god.

This exponential rise in QB salary is going to be crippling. It was only what, 4-5 years ago that Cousin's signing with MIN at roughly 30 a year was setting the bar and we've already gone up 15 mill from that...

so Zach's extention will be roughly 55 m a year???

if he can be as important to the jets as allen is to the bills then he's going to be paid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol! For the record, I’m not sold on Allen. But I did always like him better than Rosen, at least, which set me a little bit apart around here. Dude is the prototype size/arm/legs/brains. Either last year was a fluke, or it just took him a while to grow into his body. We’ll get to see it right in our backyard. 

He got paid, though. Good for him. 

His elite athleticism is going to at least establish a Cam Newton-like floor for him for a lot of years in this league.  Plus his maniacal drive to get better can't be ignored.  If he can replicate even 60 % of his success last season the Bills won't end up with buyer's remorse.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Remember when the herd mentality here was ripping on the kid for missing the tire swing at the senior bowl?  He was Hack 2.0 with the spidermen pictures?  

One or two say something and it snowballs into the whole board avalanching into group think.  

 

lol 

QBASE and college inaccuracy was what I was leaning on.  If I was susceptible to groupthink in my wrongness there, it was because others were parroting those same numbers as reasons why Allen would fail. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bufflegend26 said:
34 minutes ago, Facts said:

 

Just looked it up. They lost Eric Fisher, Mitchell Schwartz, Anthony Reiter, Damien Williams, Sammy Watkins, Bashaud Breeland, Damien Wilson, Kelechi Osemele and Kapsaacin.

8 of those players were starters

Expand  

I guess “they kept their whole squad” is your version of saying “they lost nearly 40% of their starters”.

Which is basically the complete opposite 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

QBASE and college inaccuracy was what I was leaning on.  If I was susceptible to groupthink in my wrongness there, it was because others were parroting those same numbers as reasons why Allen would fail. 

I wasn’t singling you out.  It was pretty unanimous here.

 

I just think it’s funny.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

 

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif.8ae2e94ae392f882b54ae2b6c2576f29.gif


The "Dropped interceptions" stat that I see getting cited a lot lately comes form Cian Fahey, noted moron.

Ya know who had 19 "dropped interceptions" in 2020, according to Cian? Patrick Mahomes. What a loser! *edit* I see someone already pointed this out. Whoops.

The other thing that makes me laugh every time a QB signs a mega-deal is the people shouting "they'll be cap strapped! Good luck winning now!". Like....what other option do teams have? Are they just supposed to NOT re-sign their franchise QBs?

I agree that the "rookie QB contract window" is a legitimate thing and all, but I think sometimes it gets misunderstood or blown out of proportion. The hope is that your GM builds around the young QB effectively during the five years that he's cheap labor, establishing roster depth and acquiring other star players. Beane seems to have done that in Buffalo. Sure, it's nice if you can win a Lombardi during that five-year window, too, as the Seahawks and Chiefs were able to do, but it's not as if a team's winning window slams shut the second they re-sign their quarterback,

You have to pay big bucks for elite QB play. It's just a fact of life in the NFL.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The salaries aren't stupid high.  Revenue is going up.  17 games more networks competeing for the rights to games.  Owners still get more than the players.  The salaries are simply a reflection of increasing revenue that warrants it.  

Bingo. Woody and his mates laughing all the way to the bank. Good for Josh Allen. I only hope we have the same opportunity in a few years.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, JoshAllenSZN said:


The "Dropped interceptions" stat that I see getting cited a lot lately comes form Cian Fahey, noted moron.

Ya know who had 19 "dropped interceptions" in 2020, according to Cian? Patrick Mahomes. What a loser! *edit* I see someone already pointed this out. Whoops.

The other thing that makes me laugh every time a QB signs a mega-deal is the people shouting "they'll be cap strapped! Good luck winning now!". Like....what other option do teams have? Are they just supposed to NOT re-sign their franchise QBs?

I agree that the "rookie QB contract window" is a legitimate thing and all, but I think sometimes it gets misunderstood or blown out of proportion. The hope is that your GM builds around the young QB effectively during the five years that he's cheap labor, establishing roster depth and acquiring other star players. Beane seems to have done that in Buffalo. Sure, it's nice if you can win a Lombardi during that five-year window, too, as the Seahawks and Chiefs were able to do, but it's not as if a team's winning window slams shut the second they re-sign their quarterback,

You have to pay big bucks for elite QB play. It's just a fact of life in the NFL.

 

I think you have to worry about regression to the mean, the cap will likely be fine.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoshAllenSZN said:


The "Dropped interceptions" stat that I see getting cited a lot lately comes form Cian Fahey, noted moron.

Ya know who had 19 "dropped interceptions" in 2020, according to Cian? Patrick Mahomes. What a loser! *edit* I see someone already pointed this out. Whoops.

The other thing that makes me laugh every time a QB signs a mega-deal is the people shouting "they'll be cap strapped! Good luck winning now!". Like....what other option do teams have? Are they just supposed to NOT re-sign their franchise QBs?

I agree that the "rookie QB contract window" is a legitimate thing and all, but I think sometimes it gets misunderstood or blown out of proportion. The hope is that your GM builds around the young QB effectively during the five years that he's cheap labor, establishing roster depth and acquiring other star players. Beane seems to have done that in Buffalo. Sure, it's nice if you can win a Lombardi during that five-year window, too, as the Seahawks and Chiefs were able to do, but it's not as if a team's winning window slams shut the second they re-sign their quarterback,

You have to pay big bucks for elite QB play. It's just a fact of life in the NFL.

 

a lot to think about here, thanks

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good. I'm glad.

Because even before this long-term signing they were headed for cap hell this upcoming 2022 offseason with only $785,036 available salary cap space to spend. 

Now? After giving Josh Allen $43M per year? They're going to be in absolute SALARY CAP HELL come 2022's offseason with no ability to improve throughout FA or even keep their own key players. 

Joe Douglas will have over $60M to spend. Buffalo? Will be at over -40M 🤣🏈😅

Josh Allen's annual cap hit will be just over $23M. Brandon Beane knows how to manage a budget.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Mayfield and Jackson must be doing backflips today. Whoever gets paid last, gets paid most. Bills fans probably feel fine paying Allen whatever it takes. The guy has gotten significantly better every year in the league and seems to have solidified himself as a top 3 in the league 

If you're the Browns or Ravens (or their fans) do you feel great about giving that kind of money to Mayfield or Jackson? Jackson especially would be tough for me. Despite his MVP season, imo, he hasn't showed that he has been able to develop the part of his game needed to win in the playoffs. I suppose at this point they HAVE to pay him and hope for the best, but I'm not sure how great I'd feel about it. 

All good points. Brandon Beane was smart to get this contract done sooner than later. Jackson will make a paycheck, but I have to wonder if it isn't going to be laden with incentives. It's hard to see Jackson sustaining his success if he can't develop into a better passer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good. I'm glad.

Because even before this long-term signing they were headed for cap hell this upcoming 2022 offseason with only $785,036 available salary cap space to spend. 

Now? After giving Josh Allen $43M per year? They're going to be in absolute SALARY CAP HELL come 2022's offseason with no ability to improve throughout FA or even keep their own key players. 

Joe Douglas will have over $60M to spend. Buffalo? Will be at over -40M 🤣🏈😅

That's not how the salary cap or extensions work, my dude

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...