Character, leadership, intelligence

If anything has become obvious to me so far is the JD saying they prioritize character leadership and character and intelligence in the players they want on the team is not fluff, or just marketing speak it is a true core value of this team.

Seems Saleh and the Jets are making a much wider amount of players available for press conference interviews and I have to say they are all pretty amazing.

It is like we have added 20 Larry Fitzgeralds to this team.

Wilson is amazing. Lawson, Davis, Carter all of them are just rare people to see in the NFL

And they are all excited to be Jets. If you believe that locker room chemistry and leadership are important we are knocking it out of the park.

It is clear we are not going to bring in risky character type of players. 

Sort of awesome to see.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Yeah, I don’t know man…

I just lived through 2 decades of the Patriots being in damn near every Super Bowl it felt like and they’re about as buttoned up and sterile as it comes.

The older I get the more I realize that success in the NFL has like 10% to do with the coach/systems and 90% to do with the QB.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Seems Saleh and the Jets are making a much wider amount of players available for press conference interviews and I have to say they are all pretty amazing.

What's the league mandated minimum and how many more players are the Jets making available to the media than that?

13 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This team chemistry started with our kids going out to NY Knicks and NY Islanders Playoffs games together. They really love it here in NYC. 

All I know is when the Jets make the playoffs both the Knicks players and Islanders players better pay homage and represent for these Jets. 

Or else what?

So corny.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

This team chemistry started with our kids going out to NY Knicks and NY Islanders Playoffs games together. They really love it here in NYC. 
All I know is when the Jets make the playoffs both the Knicks players and Islanders players better pay homage and represent for these Jets. 

Why?
Both the Islanders and Knicks will be in season. They won’t be trying to kill time like the Jets we’re doing.

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

so....Mangini guys...?

Yes!!! Hahaha… The part of what Mangini brought here that worked. Those players were accountable to each other. 2008-2010 was all about the culture built under Mangini, frankly.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes!!! Hahaha… The part of what Mangini brought here that worked. Those players were accountable to each other. 2008-2010 was all about the culture built under Mangini, frankly.

Yes we've been sorely lacking in culture ever since Rex's teams fell apart.   

2 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

My first thought as well.

With the observations and premature praise being thrown around here, it seems that the difference between Mangini and Saleh will just be their staffs. 

I dunno bout that. There's profound philosophical differences. Hopefully the cohesion with the front office will result in talent acquisition like those mangini/tanny years. As far as coaching styles go, I'd imagine they're worlds apart. Saleh seems to be about as 'player-coach' as you can get. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Plus they were good at football. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, freestater said:

I dunno bout that. There's profound philosophical differences. Hopefully the cohesion with the front office will result in talent acquisition like those mangini/tanny years. As far as coaching styles go, I'd imagine they're worlds apart. Saleh seems to be about as 'player-coach' as you can get. 

This.

Saleh approaches coaching with a servant leadership style - straight out if corporate management. I’m a god way.

Mangini was basically trying to recreate Bill’s approach. It doesn’t take a genius to know character matters in a team dynamic. It’s about how you cultivate it and what you do to serve it. Saleh sees better equipped, but time will tell.

I think the bigger issue is that Jets fans once again can imagine anything beyond what they’ve already known or had.

Saleh deserves a chance to be his own man.

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Perhaps, I suppose more indications are inevitable as the season progresses. Maybe he’ll strike an equilibrium between Rex “players coach” and Mangini’s structured, system based approach. 

On 8/6/2021 at 8:43 PM, johnnysd said:

If anything has become obvious to me so far is the JD saying they prioritize character leadership and character and intelligence in the players they want on the team is not fluff, or just marketing speak it is a true core value of this team.

It is like we have added 20 Larry Fitzgeralds to this team.

Wilson is amazing. Lawson, Davis, Carter all of them are just rare people to see in the NFL

And they are all excited to be Jets. If you believe that locker room chemistry and leadership are important we are knocking it out of the park.

It is clear we are not going to bring in risky character type of players. 

Sort of awesome to see.

Should've added Tenacity.