Alex Lewis is out….confused as to why…

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Wow. Did he get concussed and say, that’s enough? 

Didn't he miss a few games down the stretch last year some sort of undisclsed personal issues?  I think he was on NFI to end the season.

Edit -- found this from end of last season.  Not sure if this is related.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Didn't he miss a few games down the stretch last year some sort of undisclsed personal issues?  I think he was on NFI to end the season.

Edit -- found this from end of last season.  Not sure if this is related.

Certainly sounds like it might be related. 

• Upvote 3

He had was involved in a pretty bad incident in College, no?  Pretty bad bar fight type deal.  Had to take substance abuse and anger management classes as a result.  Narrowly missed jail time if I recall.  It was not good.  Hopefully it’s not a struggle with those type issues again.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He had was involved in a pretty bad incident in College, no?  Pretty bad bar fight type deal.  Had to take substance abuse and anger management classes as a result.  Narrowly missed jail time if I recall.  It was not good.  Hopefully it’s not a struggle with those type issues again.

As a 21-year-old, the Jets guard spent 30 days locked up in Boulder County Jail in Colorado. The food was horrific. He received just one hour of visitation each week. It cost him money just to video chat with his family. His days began with the rise of the sun at 5 a.m. and ended with the slamming of his cell doors.”

43CA08E6-C02C-4609-AAD0-ECBAA1991214.thumb.jpeg.a4e6a246f8ff049d03e04f214060840d.jpeg

17 hours ago, slats said:

Certainly sounds like it might be related. 

Have we heard of any addiction/mental health issues with Lewis in the past?  When things have this touch of secrecy addiction can be at the source.  Either way it's nice to see the Jets supporting him during the process, whatever it is. 

17 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Lewis seems like a guy with some difficult personal issues to overcome. Best of luck to him, have to put his wellbeing first.

This.

I don’t need to know his personal business. I commend the Jets for helping, and Alex for knowing when to ask for help.

Best of luck to him.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

This is super random but Alex Lewis was just at the place I work and I told him I hope he’s doing well and watching his wellness. He was really nice and said he didn’t like the way he felt after a hit to the head. He was with his wife and child so I didn’t ask anything.

Nice dude with a really cute daughter.

Man, that’s gotta be scary for his whole family.?