Cimini: Mims may be on the bubble

JTJet

19 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Is this you not engaging with me again.

Be sure to use that confused emoji on my rep. I know how you have trouble remembering  things like this

You should go out of your way to be a little more nice to Jet Nut (and he'll do the same).

We might not always agree and even argued with one another like a bunch of little kids but he gained my immediate respect (as a man) once I realized he's raised an awesome kid into an awesome Jets fan and they post on our forum as a father/son duo (Griffey Jr and Griffey Sr. type sh*t).

Just talk football and enjoy your 2021 season and all 3 of us once JN rivals can celebrate together. 

Deal? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Obviously the things we’ve read about him being on the bubble, down on the depth chart and falling out of favor with this staff are true. Otherwise he wouldn’t be on special teams and playing late in the game against and with a bunch of scrubs in the first preseason game. This is a touchy subject because he was a high pick just last year. So I get everyone thinking that this just can’t be true. In my opinion he will still make this team but let’s not act like there’s a chance he doesn’t. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Is this you not engaging with me again.

Be sure to use that confused emoji on my rep. I know how you have trouble remembering  things like this

Good answer, really hit it out of the park with that insightful reply.

I thought the idea of a message board is people engage each other, with agreeing or disagreeing with posts.  Sometimes I agree with you, other times I think differently.  Stop crying

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

"Not talented".

"Not explosive".

(Lined up as a #1 WR on the outside).

"Getting cut during his 1st ever NFL training camp".

WTF DID KEELAN COLE, JAMISON CROWDER AND "BRAXTON BERRIOS" DO TONIGHT?

Because those are the WRs who both you and Rich Cimini have told me he's "buried alive behind", right? 

image.png.8a5e6a2bee28b44a4b5bb24c7f8a564c.png

YES.

Berrios and Crowder don’t come into play regarding Mims spot on the roster. They are both inside guys. Mims spot is on outside.  So he’s up against V.Smith, Cole..We all know CDavis and Moore are locks. Moore can play both inside and outside (Cole too)   

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You should go out of your way to be a little more nice to Jet Nut (and he'll do the same).

We might not always agree and even argued with one another like a bunch of little kids but he gained my immediate respect (as a man) once I realized he's raised an awesome kid into an awesome Jets fan and they post on our forum as a father/son duo (Griffey Jr and Griffey Sr. type sh*t).

Just talk football and enjoy your 2021 season and all 3 of us once JN rivals can celebrate together. 

Deal? 

You deal with him your way and I'll  deal with him mine. 

I don't  have a problem with people who disagree my opinions, he just does it with his own opinion and not facts. I mean he actually argued to me about how important is was that we get 2  backup Quarterbacks preseaon playing time to get them ready for the season like that is really going to make a difference  in their in game performance.  

I'm sure he will use the confused emoji here as he always does

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey, you don't  have to respond to what I wrote. 

You dont have to post on a public message board if you dont want people to respond.  

One word and from my one word reply, "and" has led to how many posts by you engaging me?  You wrote "Mims is a big strong WR. You won't  stop him with arm tackles. " and I replied "And".  Seven posts about me later, all complaining that Im chatty

Its kind of comical 

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Berrios and Crowder don’t come into play regarding Mims spot on the roster. They are both inside guys. Mims spot is on outside.  So he’s up against V.Smith, Cole..We all know CDavis and Moore are locks. Moore can play both inside and outside (Cole too)   

Denzel Mims can play anywhere on the field @ WR because he's 4.3 blazing fast and has elite acceleration.

Line him up in the slot with both Elijah Moore and Corey Davis on the outside  and Denzel Mims as a physical 6'3 WR becomes a nightmare for smaller and weaker #3 nickel backs. 

I agree that he's built for the outside but there is no doubt in my mind that Corey Davis/Elijah Moore/Denzel Mims will start as our young trio of WR's for Zach Wilson here in 2021 with Jamison Crowder backing them as our #4 WR on the depth chart. 

• We're also going to see a lot of Davis/Mims on the outside with Jamison Crowder working the slot along with Elijah Moore coming out of the backfield (as he did in @ Ole' Miss).

There is a 0.00% chance Denzel Mims is buried behind the likes of Jamison Crowder, Keelan Cole and "Braxton Berrios" come week 1 @ Carolina.

(and he's going to prove it throughout the preseason too). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Agreed.  Berrios and Crowder are redundant on this roster, both are slot exclusive guys.   The 3 guys with the most versatility are Davis, Cole and Moore and that’s why we have seen that combo get the bulk of the reps in camp.  

Back when this staff was hired, several of us spoke about having WRs that can line up in multiple places and can be interchangeable.   We’ve seen this play out exactly as predicted.  Mims best chance to contribute is in the vertical game and the red zone.   Once the staff starts implementing some more vertical stuff, we’ll see Mims get more involved.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You dont have to post on a public message board if you dont want people to respond.  

One word and from my one word reply, "and" has led to how many posts by you engaging me?  You wrote "Mims is a big strong WR. You won't  stop him with arm tackles. " and I replied "And".  Seven posts about me later, all complaining that Im chatty

Its kind of comical 

Missed this one.

I will respond to anything you write to me. I never said I wouldn't.  You on the other hand said you were not going to engage me and you wanted me to put you on ignore. What is comical is it seems you suffer from short term memory  loss and are blaming that on me

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Denzel Mims was the best receiver on the field last night.  If he now breaks out over the next 3 weeks, my goodness.  T

This receiving core will be downright unstoppable.

Certainly seems the coaches got in his head and got him to play mad. So far this staff is pretty impressive. Got a bunch of rookies  2nd year guys playing like a team the first scrimmage game. Not to mention staff bunch of rookies they damn self. Ain’t seen shit like that in quite a bit. 

• Upvote 4

There is something that (unfortunately) both Rich Cimini and Denzel Mims critics who've discredited and blamed Denzel Mims 51 receiving yards on "playing against backups" that they'll (both) continue hiding from you.

• Rookie WRs in NFL history who've (ever) recorded 40+ receiving yards throughout each of their first 6 career NFL games...

• Andre Johnson (2003).

• Amari Copper (2015). 

• Stefon Diggs (2015). 

• Michael Thomas (2016). 

• CeeDee Lamb (2020). 

• DENZEL MIMS (2020). 

And with games of...

• 40 receiving yards.

• 42 receiving yards.

• 42 receiving yards.

• 62 receiving yards.

• 71 receiving yards.

And he did this despite Sam Darnold/Adam Gase and no offseason due to Covid 19 + an offseasonless hamstring injury too (before returning during already week 7).

But yet these Denzel Mims critics really think that they can lie to my face and tell me Denzel Mims only recorded 51 receiving yards with a 75% catch rate due to "playing against backups"? 

Who the freak do you think I am?

Someone who's going to believe your Denzel Mims lies and all because Rich Cimini told you so?

giphy.gif

Not happening. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I know he's not a scheme fit for this offense but the guy has size, speed, and can make plays down field. Given the fact that they used a second round pick on him just a year ago, I can't see him not having a role on this team. 

Where does all this crap come from? Denzel Mims is a 6'2" 210 pound beast with exceptionally great hands and is an athletic freak. He fits ANY scheme. And the guy who claims he's not, not saying its you just whomever, is an idiot. I just don't know where all those dingbats come from? Those people who claim those things should 1) Stay away from watching football because it's clear they don't know their a$$ from their elbows. 2) They should stay away from Jets internet message boards because they lower the overall IQ.

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He needs to do this against first team players,  not the garbage the Giants trotted out there

@More Cowbell 

I play chess and not checkers by thinking two moves ahead of time and in advance (while making my player posts).  

And I already knew how fans such as yourself would fall for my football (chess) trap of blaming Denzel Mims for his outstanding performance due to "garbage backups that the Giants were trotting out there" when I initially praised him for last nights performance .

(and was patiently waiting to soon thereafter correct you). 

Rookie WRs in NFL history who've (ever) recorded 40+ receiving yards throughout each of their first 6 career NFL games...

• Andre Johnson (2003).

• Amari Copper (2015). 

• Stefon Diggs (2015). 

• Michael Thomas (2016). 

• CeeDee Lamb (2020). 

• DENZEL MIMS (2020). 

And he did it with games of...

• 40 receiving yards.

• 42 receiving yards.

• 42 receiving yards.

• 62 receiving yards.

• 71 receiving yards.

Last night? 51 receiving yards (75% catch rate) and all 3 of his receptions were of 10+ receiving yards (1st downs) along with yards after catch YAC (and all 3 of them too).

Are you sure you still want to continue trying to diminish and discredit the outstanding performance of Denzel Mims last night due to "Giants backups"?

Or would you like to admit that you're wrong in regards to your Denzel Mims "observations"? 

Because what Denzel Mims did last night against the Giants "backups" was no different than what he did against starters of Buffalo, Kansas City, New England, Chargers, Miami and Las Vegas...

image.png.880bd60644af5a185ec0ca292a675ee1.png

• WTF? 2

52 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@More Cowbell 

I play chess and not checkers by thinking two moves ahead of time and in advance (while making my player posts).  

And I already knew how fans such as yourself would fall for my football (chess) trap of blaming Denzel Mims for his outstanding performance due to "garbage backups that the Giants were trotting out there" when I initially praised him for last nights performance .

Rookie WRs in NFL history who've (ever) recorded 40+ receiving yards throughout each of their first 6 career NFL games...

• Andre Johnson (2003).

• Amari Copper (2015). 

• Stefon Diggs (2015). 

• Michael Thomas (2016). 

• CeeDee Lamb (2020). 

• DENZEL MIMS (2020). 

• 40 receiving yards.

• 42 receiving yards.

• 42 receiving yards.

• 62 receiving yards.

• 71 receiving yards.

Last night? 51 receiving yards (75% catch rate) and all 3 of his receptions were of 10+ receiving yards (1st downs) along with yards after catch YAC (and all 3 of them too).

Are you sure you still want to continue trying to diminish and discredit the outstanding performance of Denzel Mims last night due to "Giants backups"?

Or would you like to admit that you're wrong in regards to your Denzel Mims "observations"? 

Because what Denzel Mims did last night against the Giants "backups" was no different than what he did against starters of Buffalo, Kansas City, New England, Chargers, Miami and Las Vegas...

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

59 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@More Cowbell 

• Andre Johnson (2003).

• Amari Copper (2015). 

• Stefon Diggs (2015). 

• Michael Thomas (2016). 

• CeeDee Lamb (2020). 

• DENZEL MIMS (2020). 

• 40 receiving yards.

• 42 receiving yards.

• 42 receiving yards.

• 62 receiving yards.

• 71 receiving yards.

Robot Reaction GIF

• Haha 1