Does Zach Wilson suck ?

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The 11 on 11 sets have seemed non competitive. 5 seconds to get rid of the ball in 7's is alarming. For a kid who never took a real big hit in college, throwing him out there in a full contact game where he's not in a red jersey if he isnt ready...he could get killed. 

How many practices have you been to?

The same ones where you reported he has a weak arm?

How many BYU games did you watch, beginning to end to know Wilson was never hit?  Because thats about a deep BS as there is.  He never took a hit?  LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Wilson may, or may not be the guy to have taken with the second pick. But, spending a high draft pick on a QB because they are "NFL ready," like the Patriots* fans think they did with Jones, is straight up foolish. Potential is so much more important for long-term success. And, face it-- no one should think that the Jets are in a "win now" mode. Not after going 2-14, and now with a rookie QB, and HC. 

If the Jets beat the Vegas over/under (6 wins) they will have had a successful season. If Wilson shows steady improvement, they will have had a successful season. If they can beat the Patriots* once, that would be gold.

Sweep Buffalo or burn it down I say! 

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2021 at 6:27 PM, Zerovoltz said:

During Mahomes rookie year, there was alot of gloom and doom because he was throwing CAMP INTS.  

Don't pay attention to camp stats.  No one knows what routes the recievers are working on, or what coverages the DBs are working on...or what blocking scheme the O line is doing....they are running plays and trying out stuff that is very much practice based.

Instead...in game action...preseason....watch the kid....you'll know if he's "getting it".  ...it will show.  Most of us KC fans saw it real quick with Mahomes.  It was evident pretty early that he was  going to be something good.  Didn't need a box score or a stat sheet to say so.

Even when he debuted in week 17 of the 2017 Season....his stat line of 0 TD, 1 INT 283 yards passing.....doesn't tell you how he performed....it was obvious watching that game that he had a TON of "it".  

You'll know "it" when you see "it"

Doom and gloom?!?!

E8732A37-2012-4B61-9506-0AD534FDACE5.gif

On 8/8/2021 at 3:40 PM, sec101row23 said:

Ah yes Fields the one (sorry one of many over the years) that got away.

Oh and want to take this moment to say hello to Zach ? when your reading these boards don’t take it personally it’s just business.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Another...Bills fan? Jesus Christ you guys come in packs when you decide to show up.

99.9% of them only joined JN after Buffalo finally won their first playoff game for the first time since dating back to 1995 (I was 10 years old back in 1995). 

Look at this man's join date. He's a real one. 

@Raideraholic

48 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

You guys need more faith in your young QB. I think he's going to be a good one and see us (buffalo) splitting our series with the Jets this season. 

This is the most reactionary fan base in the world. When it’s up, he’s the savior, when it’s down, he’s a bust, all while we’re cruising into just his 2nd week as an NFL QB. 

I’m not ready to make any bold predictions and even as a poster who fell in love with Wilson the prospect back months before the draft, I’m still super weary and more than happy to take it week by week. Problem is these guys like to take it snap by snap.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is the most reactionary fan base in the world. When it’s up, he’s the savior, when it’s down, he’s a bust, all while we’re cruising into just his 2nd week as an NFL QB. 

I’m not ready to make any bold predictions and even as a poster who fell in love with Wilson the prospect back months before the draft, I’m still super weary and more than happy to take it week by week. Problem is these guys like to take it snap by snap.

I hope he's good, I hope Tua is good as well. It's fun seeing good QBs battling each other every week and makes each of them better. I don't want the Pats to have a good one because I hate them.

For the record I don't see Tua being that great but WIlson seems to have the attitude and leadership qualities so far (along with the obvious talent) to be really good, especially in NY where the media can be so tough and it takes the right mentality to handle it

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How many practices have you been to?

The same ones where you reported he has a weak arm?

How many BYU games did you watch, beginning to end to know Wilson was never hit?  Because thats about a deep BS as there is.  He never took a hit?  LOL

He never took a big hit. Watch the games. He was playing in a tuxedo. Putting him out there if his internal clock is still on BYU time then you’re risking ruining him.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He never took a big hit. Watch the games. He was playing in a tuxedo. Putting him out there if his internal clock is still on BYU time then you’re risking ruining him.

1.  If you think in 3 years of football he was never hit, you watch different games than the rest of us

2.  The complaint that he hasnt gotten hit is pretty lame.  Lawrence, Fields etc were hardly hit too.  They played at top schools, had top OL's in front of them.  

3.  From DWC to you:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  If you think in 3 years of football he was never hit, you watch different games than the rest of us

2.  The complaint that he hasnt gotten hit is pretty lame.  Lawrence, Fields etc were hardly hit too.  They played at top schools, had top OL's in front of them.  

3.  From DWC to you:

I’m talking getting sacked. If he holds the ball like he has been in practice he’s going to get killed. Not a scramble that he initiated. Completely different types of hits if you’ve ever played.

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m talking getting sacked. If he holds the ball like he has been in practice he’s going to get killed. Not a scramble that he initiated. Completely different types of hits if you’ve ever played.

Whats the difference?  Your point was he couldn't handle a hit.  Now that hit doesnt count?  

I've played and it you think that hit was less severe than a sack where if you hit the QB that hard youre penalized and in college forced to sit.

4 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

You guys need more faith in your young QB. I think he's going to be a good one and see us (buffalo) splitting our series with the Jets this season. 

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Whoa, there. May want to temper your expectations a bit.

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 10:02 PM, Rhg1084 said:

This whole franchise is based on this kids success .. if he sucks we’re back to square one 

It's actually not all based on him because they are building around the QB but either way he's a ROOKIE.  He's going to have ups and downs.  He has all the tools to succeed but it's still a process

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, tfine said:

Here we go…Jets fans again expecting a young rookie QB flying in on his x-wing and annihilating the opposition and saving the day like Luke Skywalker at the end of the Mandalorian….

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And 100% of the time those rookie Jets QBs turn out to be busts and the fan base was right on them from the start 

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

And 100% of the time those rookie Jets QBs turn out to be busts and the fan base was right on them from the start 

If you had been a Miami fan in 1983 and predicted that Dan Marino would never win them a Super Bowl you would have been right also. It's always easy to be negative because most players fail, if not early on, then eventually. 

• Upvote 2