Does Zach Wilson suck ?

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

And 100% of the time those rookie Jets QBs turn out to be busts and the fan base was right on them from the start 

34 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

I mean he sucks until proven otherwise, and the green and white game was a dumpster fire.

Lets be real, Sanchez and Darnold both sucked in practices and we made excuses for them, but they sucked on the field too..

So if those two are anything to go by...

2 bad practices for a rookie on a team with issues...

well-that-escalated-quickly-quick-meme-com-19310781.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Most rookie QBs struggle in their first few practices.  Most struggle a lot past their first few practices.

They put up a graphic last night of all the rookie QBs who struggled.  Names like Manning, Young, Elway, Stafford and more.  You would think all the yukking it up when Allen struggled would wake some up.  Rookies struggle.  To ask if a rookie QB sucks after a couple of bad practices is kind of numb.  Why didnt the OP start a thread asking if Wilson would make the HOF after his really impressive 2nd practice.  That was enough to prove he would

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, tfine said:

Here we go…Jets fans again expecting a young rookie QB flying in on his x-wing and annihilating the opposition and saving the day like Luke Skywalker at the end of the Mandalorian….

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What do you expect when names like Mahomes & Rodgers are being tossed about for comps?

• Upvote 1

I can't believe this thread is still going. This fan base can get ridiculous but this is another level. Even the reporters are sounding as irrational as the fans are. Connor Hughes has already decreed that Mims isn't a fit for this offense and will be the 6th WR, if he makes the team at all. 

Can we let these guys play a game? Or, God forbid, even give them a chance to develop? Smdh. Seriously, how does any player stand a chance on this team? ?

• Upvote 3

On 8/8/2021 at 7:33 PM, Dinamite said:

Here is a throwback.  This is an observation from Connor Hughes about Darnold in his rookie year (Connor really liked him).  Note that Cimini has a comment below that puts the throw into context, something we don't always get with these "great throw" tweets from other teams.

I've liked his articles (more or less) but the more I read his tweets the more I'm convinced Hughes is a hack. He either loves or hates a player and has zero problems with flipping his opinion around. He's been trashing Mims like crazy lately. Mims deserves fair criticism but the way the way Hughes is ripping into him you'd think Mims slept with the guys wife or something. 

You're absolutely right, context is incredibly important and something that we rarely get in these play by play tweets during camp. Let the guys play the game. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I can't believe this thread is still going. This fan base can get ridiculous but this is another level. Even the reporters are sounding as irrational as the fans are. Connor Hughes has already decreed that Mims isn't a fit for this offense and will be the 6th WR, if he makes the team at all. 

Can we let these guys play a game? Or, God forbid, even give them a chance to develop? Smdh. Seriously, how does any player stand a chance on this team? ?

The New York Sports media is hands down the worst in the United States. 

Utterly pathetic coverage designed only to elicit outrage and site clicks.

TLDR:  New Yorkers get the media they deserve. 

New Yorkers are easily prodded sheep who love nothing more than getting worked up over things, and their sports media feeds them the gruel they so desperately seem to need.  WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT!!  Lol.

It's amazing hearing how other cities media cover their teams.  There is almost no comparison to the outrage-dependent cesspool that is NY Sports media.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

With that said, citing Manning, Young, Elway is simply not and never has been a valid argument of defense for sucky young QB's.  For every Manning, who struggled early then became great, there are literally dozens of similarly sucky young QB's who struggled early and never, ever, got good.  Citing the rare exception only proves that it can happen, it does not in any way prove it's likely to happen.  On the contrary, the vast majority of young QB's who struggle early never get good, much less great, at the NFL level.

Its not an excuse or defense, theyre examples to back up that almost every young QB struggles, even ones that turn in HOF careers.  I wasnt even hinting at the idea since they struggled all QBs who struggle will go onto HOF type careers.  I've long said that most 1st round QBs fail.  I had a too long debate with one internet GM type who proudly proclaimed yes he trashes all 1st round picks and is mostly right.  No shlt.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Most rookie QBs struggle in their first few practices.  Most struggle a lot past their first few practices.

They put up a graphic last night of all the rookie QBs who struggled.  Names like Manning, Young, Elway, Stafford and more.  You would think all the yukking it up when Allen struggled would wake some up.  Rookies struggle.  To ask if a rookie QB sucks after a couple of bad practices is kind of numb.  Why didnt the OP start a thread asking if Wilson would make the HOF after his really impressive 2nd practice.  That was enough to prove he would

Loved your Josh Allen rookie example.

169/320 (52.8%).

2,074 passing yards (only 188 per game).

10 TD's/12 INTs..

QB Rating = 67.9 (dreadful).

He was a good runner as a Rookie but one of the worst QBs you've even seen in regards to accuracy. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Its not an excuse or defense, theyre examples to back up that almost every young QB struggles, even ones that turn in HOF careers.  I wasnt even hinting at the idea since they struggled all QBs who struggle will go onto HOF type careers.  I've long said that most 1st round QBs fail.  I had a too long debate with one internet GM type who proudly proclaimed yes he trashes all 1st round picks and is mostly right.  No shlt.

So you think he's going to the HOF because he's hit some bumps in the road recently? :) 

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Was just thinking... I probably haven't seen this movie since Chad Pennington was QB.  I wonder if it holds up.

Saw it again recently. Still a big fan. Big Paul Newman fan and Hanks is usually good in everything he's in. I also love that era of mob bosses. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I hope he's good, I hope Tua is good as well. It's fun seeing good QBs battling each other every week and makes each of them better. I don't want the Pats to have a good one because I hate them.

For the record I don't see Tua being that great but WIlson seems to have the attitude and leadership qualities so far (along with the obvious talent) to be really good, especially in NY where the media can be so tough and it takes the right mentality to handle it

13 hours ago, JiFapono said:

lmfao - this is my favorite username of all time.

11 hours ago, TeddEY said:

@Adolf Oliver Nipples

• Upvote 1