Does Zach Wilson suck ?

Probably the same reason you're still talking about rookie practice INTs? 
You're the type of Football fan who would've QUIT on Peyton Manning due to rookie practice INTs, aren't you? 

You are funny. You are the only one that brought up INT's. Scroll back and check, I never brought it up. In fact I said that's not his biggest issue, it never was not even in college. You are just trying to use that statistic to prove your point when I think you know enough about football to know that a good qb doesn't begin and end with how many INT's he throws.

You have no idea what "type' of football fan I am....however you have been kind enough to share an abundance about what kind of fan you are.

And at the end of your post you go right back to your INT's?

Hahahah ok dude.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

Ok. I guess your overreacting  to everyone’s overreacting is not the worse thing. Just don’t make it personal. 

Nothing personal man just rookie INT talk but I'll kindly remove myself from this thread before you remove me like a club bouncer ??? I kid I kid I know you're just looking out for me big fella because I sometimes go nuts in these types of threads and PS I think you're right. Offense Wins Championships would be an awful username for me because I go crazy once trying to talk OFFENSE and should just stick to my username of DEFENSE talk ?

• Upvote 1

How many practice INTs did all the great legendary legends and future HOF QBs toss during practice of their rookie seasons? 
Do you know the answer or are you just talking out of your butt while acting and pretending as if Zach Wilson "is the only one" who's thrown rookie practice INTs?!?
And if practicing is "how you play" well then it looks like our Saleh led Defense is going to absolutely BALL HAWK this upcoming season. Because our Defense was out there practicing too you know...

It's almost comical. You keep going back to that stat because you THINK that proves he's gonna be a star.

The defense looks good, no argument there. But we aren't really talking that either are we? Stay focused please.

I'm not talking out of my butt at all. You are just all over the place and you think quoting int stats make the point that Zack is gonna be a star. He might be, he might not be. But those stats are meaningless.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

You are funny. You are the only one that brought up INT's. Scroll back and check, I never brought it up. In fact I said that's not his biggest issue, it never was not even in college. You are just trying to use that statistic to prove your point when I think you know enough about football to know that a good qb doesn't begin and end with how many INT's he throws.

You have no idea what "type' of football fan I am....however you have been kind enough to share an abundance about what kind of fan you are.

And at the end of your post you go right back to your INT's?

Hahahah ok dude.

Ok I think you're right my Jets brother. I think we're all overrating to a rookie QB struggling during practices myself included. But I'm signing out of this thread because I want nothing to do with it and hope we can agree with one another within other threads.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Actually better question is does this mean our defense, and particularly the secondary, is pretty darn good?

More realistic question: does our defense just look good because they're playing against our offense; much like how I'd look like John Wick beating up a playground full of 3rd graders?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Ok I think you're right my Jets brother. I think we're all overrating to a rookie QB struggling during practices myself included. But I'm signing out of this thread because I want nothing to do with it and hope we can agree with one another within other threads.
Look, we don't want different things. We just get excited at different stages of the development. You crown them immediately and I have over 50 years of reasons not to do that. I'll wait....I hope he is the second coming, can turn water into wine, can part the red sea, can bring TWO superbowls (fug 1, it's been too long) to the green and white and retires having spent his entire 20 career injury free and having never thrown less than 4000 years in a season.

But ......he needs to string together a few good practices in a row if he is ever gonna do any of that. If he is the gym rat whiz they say he is then he should be more than capable of doing that.

• Upvote 1

More realistic question: does our defense just look good because they're playing against our offense; much like how I'd look like John Wick beating up a playground full of 3rd graders?
No, I think our D is gonna make a lot of teams look bad

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Things people said in August of ‘18 for $500, Alex.

This is where all the ridiculousness comes from.... Sam's rookie year wasn't the sign it wasn't going to work.  I'm not looking up the stats but I'm sure plenty of good starters have had similar numbers.  

Rookies look like rookies.  

• Sympathy 1

To answer the thread title…no, but he is a rookie and he is playing with other rookies and 2nd and 3rd year teammates.

Rookie HC, Rookie play-caller, and one of the youngest squads in the NFL. 

This will be an up and down season and that is OK!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

43 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I think it's more like Kramer pounding on the 9 year olds in karate class. 

karate fail GIF

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, DannyDevito3 said:

I fail to understand why he’s being handed the started job without any semblance of competition. 

God forbid he gets some reps against the 2nd team to build confidence

I like a lot of things the Jets have done this off-season, but I think Joe Douglas and the coaching staff didn't handle this situation the right way. Anointing Wilson the starting job based purely on draft position might not send the right message to the rest of the locker room. Except for Lawrence, every other rookie QB has a legit Vet to compete with and isn't expected to start week 1.

Truth is, there is no safety net if Wilson isn't ready by 1 week. At this point, you can't bench him for White/Morgan either. It's going to be trial by fire for Wilson.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

9 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

I like a lot of things the Jets have done this off-season, but I think Joe Douglas and the coaching staff didn't handle this situation the right way. Anointing Wilson the starting job based purely on draft position might not send the right message to the rest of the locker room. Except for Lawrence, every other rookie QB has a legit Vet to compete with and isn't expected to start week 1.

Truth is, there is no safety net if Wilson isn't ready by 1 week. At this point, you can't bench him for White/Morgan either. It's going to be trial by fire for Wilson.

Dude. Your boy Josh Allen was handed the rookie starting QB position from pretty much DAY ONE. And Josh Allen didn't "earn anything" as a Rookie QB he was given the starting spot because both Nathan Peterman and Derek Anderson both absolutely stunk throughout the first couple of weeks.

And who are all the other "legit vets" who all of these 2021 Rookie QBs have to compete with? Please list them all because I guarantee you all of them are nothing but career losing backups.

Also please stop pretending as if Buffalo had a "safety net" when Allen wasn't ready for week one because both James Morgan and Mike White are probably better than Peterman/Anderson/Barkley because how could they not be? Your safety nets absolutely stunk... 

• Sympathy 1

Saleh..defensive mastermind..Zack Wilson goes 20-24 against a saleh led defense, a defense that's had the pleasure of going up against lefleurs offense in camp for two weeks now falters in scrimmage..then the narrative quickly changes to 'did we hire the right coach" ?

Nobody wins in a scrimmage. Lefleur and Saleh right now are in a room discussing the weaknesses and strengths of each unit and the  matchups..iron sharpens iron..we Will be ok. Lefleur will relate to zack how and why the defense played him and the coverages like they did and he'll learn. I'm not worried. The interceptions he threw were vastly above and beyond Sam's..plus he never ran out of bounds ten yards behind the line of scrimmage with the ball in his hands. #learningcurve #fundamentals #zackgonzack

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, ttujet said:

Saleh..defensive mastermind..Zack Wilson goes 20-24 against a saleh led defense, a defense that's had the pleasure of going up against lefleurs offense in camp for two weeks now falters in scrimmage..then the narrative quickly changes to 'did we hire the right coach" ?

Nobody wins in a scrimmage. Lefleur and Saleh right now are in a room discussing the weaknesses and strengths of each unit and the  matchups..iron sharpens iron..we Will be ok. Lefleur will relate to zack how and why the defense played him and the coverages like they did and he'll learn. I'm not worried. The interceptions he threw were vastly above and beyond Sam's..plus he never ran out of bounds ten yards behind the line of scrimmage with the ball in his hands. #learningcurve #fundamentals #zackgonzack

People still don't believe Defense Wins Championships. 

Just ask the Buccaneers Defense. Who destroyed Patrick Mahomes during the SB. Mahomes looked worse then Sam Darnold during that game because his O-Line was depleted (welcome to the world of our recent Jets O-lineman Mr. Mahomes ?). 

I want Zach Wilson to light it up in preseason against opposing Defenses. I want Zach Wilson to shine vs. Carolina week 1 etc. 

I don't necessarily want Zach Wilson as an inexperienced rookie PUNKING our coach Saleh led Defense (who's a defensive mastermind).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dude. Your boy Josh Allen was handed the rookie starting QB position from pretty much DAY ONE. And Josh Allen didn't "earn anything" as a Rookie QB he was given the starting spot because both Nathan Peterman and Derek Anderson both absolutely stunk throughout the first couple of weeks.

And who are all the other "legit vets" who all of these 2021 Rookie QBs have to compete with? Please list them all because I guarantee you all of them are nothing but career losing backups.

Also please stop pretending as if Buffalo had a "safety net" when Allen wasn't ready for week one because both James Morgan and Mike White are probably better than Peterman/Anderson/Barkley because how could they not be? Your safety nets absolutely stunk... 

Nathan Peterman started week 1 for the Bills. Josh did not take the majority of the 1st team reps in practice. 

Trey Lance is behind Jimmy G, who lead his team to a Superbowl. Mac Jones is behind Cam who lead his team to a Superbowl and won MVP. Justin Fields is behind Dalton who lead his team to 5 straight playoff appearances and has 3 pro Bowls.

Buffalo's safety net was keeping Peterman as the starter. Again, Allen didn't start week 1. They only made Josh Allen the starter because he wasn't overwhelmed when he played the last few minutes of a blowout.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

They absolutely can and should bench him for Morgan/White if he continues to struggle and turn the ball over him training camp and the preseason. 

You can discount it as a practice all you want, but if Zach looks lost in a scrimmage it’s not all of a sudden going to get better for him in the NFL regular season. Let him develop behind the scenes a bit so he builds some confidence in what he’s doing. 

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Did they do their due diligence on Lance is the question

He’s had two rough days in a row himself.

Wilson needs to get better though, really wish we didn’t put ourselves under such pressure to start him immediately. Looks like an awful move.