• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoulda kept Sam

This whole franchise is based on this kids success .. if he sucks we’re back to square one 

I fail to understand why he’s being handed the started job without any semblance of competition.    God forbid he gets some reps against the 2nd team to build confidence

Posted Images

wow all tgis negativity after his 3rd practice. what is this board going to look like after week 1 when he plays a whole game against the starters. his first NFL game, while Sam Darnold will be starting his 40? 

OMG we should have kept Sam,... Wilson sucks....SMH...

you got to give this kid and this team time. 

11 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

If some of you guys knee jerked harder you’d be hitting yourself in the face.

This is a guy who exploded into prominence after one great season against subpar competition. So he’s risky and the jump to the NFL is massive. He may not work out, but all that said, where he goes from here depends squarely on him. By all accounts he’s continually trying to get better and apply his learnings. He needs to do it here and get better. Plain and simple. 

Why not let him get better before throwing him out there week 1? 

I for one am sick of throwing away seasons so these young QB can “develop” only to be tossed aside a few years from now. Is competent QB play too much to ask for? 

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

OMG. OMG. OMG.

HE HAD A BAD PRACTICE. 

HIS CAREER MUST ALREADY SUCK BECAUSE HE THREW INTS IN PRACTICE 🤣🏈😂

Did Josh Allen suck because he had a sucky rookie season? 

Did Peyton Manning suck because he tossed 100 rookie INT'S? 

This thread... Nevermind. I won't even go there (because I'd probably be banned again).

Ok. This thread is pure greatness 😂

Does #1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence also "suck" because he's struggled throughout the entire offseason? 

What about Brett Favre HOF #4 who tossed an INT pick 6 during his first ever NFL throw?  Did he suck too? 

I guess I can say because of todays PRACTICE that my Saleh led Jets Defense is already better than the 1985 Bears Defense. Am I allowed to say that after today's practice? Poor Zach Wilson. The rookie is going up against the 1985 Bears Defense here in 2021.

Wow!  You hated Zach Wilson last week.

• Post of the Week 1
5 hours ago, Paradis said:

What a dumb question; does he suck. 

I think what today tells you is how inflated most Jets fans projection of Zach has been since pre-draft felating… he’s got a lot to learn. He’s not playing lob and catch vs Utah’s finest anymore 

gonna be some rough ones this fall.  

It's the natural course of any QB isn't it? Think it's funny that some put so much into practices results. In reality we have no idea what they are asking Zach to do, if they want him to force throws, if they want him to play safe etc. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
7 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

He did tonight.  Doesn’t mean he will forever, but tonight was dreadful. 

“It’s part of the process,” Wilson said.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Same MFs talking sh*t will be riding Wilson’s scrotum when he lights it up next game. 

mehiad.jpg

Remember when our only problem was that Badfoot was wearing salmon?

SAR I

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agree one million percent.  As you said, he was over hyped by many, and WAY over hyped by some.   He just didn’t look the least bit comfortable with guys in his face in the pocket.  For all of the Zach is such a fast processor stuff from college, he certainly seems to be struggling with that, and rightfully so.  The offense in general looked off, the timing of plays, the execution, even some of the play designs.   

Zach has some arm talent, but he has a very long way to go.   

Obviously my view point on him as a prospect is impacting my patience and low expectations this season but yeah, none of this should be in the least bit surprising.   His film was littered with bad habits from a passion for fading way back out of the pocket without pressure to leaving clean pockets to throwing up a sh*t ton of yolo balls in college.  I guarantee you, that's the stuff they're working on him with him because you just straight up cant get away with it in the NFL.  So the fact that he's probably being forced to play closer to the LOS then he ever has before is probably a HUGE adjustment in terms of facing pressure, especially considering the HUGE jump in competition.  Throw in the fact that not single person in the entire building has ever developed a QB and yeah, as I've said 100 times before, this is more than likely going to be very ugly before it's even remotely pretty.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Obviously my view point on him as a prospect is impacting my patience and low expectations this season but yeah, none of this should be in the least bit surprising.   His film was littered with bad habits from a passion for fading way back out of the pocket without pressure to leaving clean pockets to throwing up a sh*t ton of yolo balls in college.  I guarantee you, that's the stuff they're working on him with him because you just straight up cant get away with it in the NFL.  So the fact that he's probably being forced to play closer to the LOS then he ever has before is probably a HUGE adjustment in terms of facing pressure, especially considering the HUGE jump in competition.  Throw in the fact that not single person in the entire building has ever developed a QB and yeah, as I've said 100 times before, this is more than likely going to be very ugly before it's even remotely pretty.

How do you complete 73 percent of your passes while throwing a sh*t ton of yolo balls to wide receivers that are not making an NFL roster?

Somehow you saw all these things and managed a full time job while Joe Douglass missed them and staked his career on them.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think there is a concerted effort by the staff to force Zach to stay in the pocket right now.  I’ve seen no roll outs and no attempts to get him outside the pocket, that’s intentional.  I think on that one INT by Joyner, you could see the “yolo” mentality, he threw off his back foot, down field into triple coverage, when there was a wide open TE just ten yards in front of him, and would have resulted in a first down.  Hopefully they can coach that stuff out of him. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, ZacharyWilson said:

How do you complete 73 percent of your passes while throwing a sh*t ton of yolo balls to wide receivers that are not making an NFL roster?

Somehow you saw all these things and managed a full time job while Joe Douglass missed them and staked his career on them.

Yes, NFL GM's are perfect and never get it wrong.  smh

Not rehashing the same old bull sh*t from months ago.  Zachkapono is a HUGE project and that's ok, he's our project and I hope he can be something very special. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think there is a concerted effort by the staff to force Zach to stay in the pocket right now.  I’ve seen no roll outs and no attempts to get him outside the pocket, that’s intentional.  I think on that one INT by Joyner, you could see the “yolo” mentality, he threw off his back foot, down field into triple coverage, when there was a wide open TE just ten yards in front of him, and would have resulted in a first down.  Hopefully they can coach that stuff out of him. 

As there should be.  And truthfully, that's why I could not care less about his scrimmage.  I've said it before but the hardest thing for these kids to do, especially a film junky like Zach, is to take what you're working on in meetings and executing that on the field.  If he's trying something completely new, then sure it's going to lead to mistakes.  That's just natural.  If he's make the same mistakes in the 3rd preseason game, ok, then we get a little worried but altogether, I think people just need to realize, we're in for a very bumpy ride. 

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yes, NFL GM's are perfect and never get it wrong.  smh

Sure, but there's a difference in being wrong on a prospect and completely missing GLARING deficiencies like the ones you saw.

If you put together a scouting report and it said:

-Yolo balls galore

- Sees phantom pressure

- Loves to throw off back foot

Would YOU draft him and stake your career, basically on him?

8 minutes ago, DannyDevito3 said:

Between the apparent lack of development of his first draft class and struggles of his hand pick first round QB. This song seems to epitomize my feelings of Joe Douglas and the Jets. 

Please stop, you're ruining Danny Devito for me. You couldn't pick Jeff Conaway or even Marilu Henner?

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, ZacharyWilson said:

Sure, but there's a difference in being wrong on a prospect and completely missing GLARING deficiencies like the ones you saw.

If you put together a scouting report and it said:

-Yolo balls galore

- Sees phantom pressure

- Loves to throw off back foot

Would YOU draft him and stake your career, basically on him?

I guess if you had the #2 pick, and he was still the best or 2nd best QB on your board, and your other option was sticking with the current worst QB in the NFL you might.

I don’t know, I really don’t watch CFB, but I did watch his bowl game.  You could both see why he was a high prospect and why he’s got a lot of issues.

We shall see, but can’t fault anyone for not being excited right now.

10 hours ago, DannyDevito3 said:

I fail to understand why he’s being handed the started job without any semblance of competition. 

The irony, as in after the draft 95% of this forum was adamant "You do not bring in competition for the 2nd pick in the draft".  They all wanted a "Veteran mentor", a guy who in theory could start.....and lose 75% of his games.....because he was no threat to Zach, a la McCown.

With that said, it was one scrimmage, and Wilson IS our future for the next few years, period.  So we're gonna have to deal with his growing pains.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I guess if you had the #2 pick, and he was still the best or 2nd best QB on your board, and your other option was sticking with the current worst QB in the NFL you might.

I don’t know, I really don’t watch CFB, but I did watch his bowl game.  You could both see why he was a high prospect and why he’s got a lot of issues.

We shall see, but can’t fault anyone for not being excited right now.

Hey, the first thing I said as soon as I hit the exit tunnel, quite loudly, was, "I'm concerned!"

But of the choice of all guys in the draft or even keeping Darnold, how a guy with those kind of issues could be seen as the best option doesn't really make sense to me.

The answer to the question should be:  Yes Zach Wilson does suck, but so did Josh Allen.  The million dollar question is can our coaching staff harness the raw talent and turn this young stud into an NFL QB?

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This whole franchise is based on this kids success .. if he sucks we’re back to square one 

At some point the defense is going to  catch up to what a rookie is doing. Zach isn't  a cagey vet who can cross up a defender. Hopefully it's also a sign our DB's are not as bad as we think.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The irony, as in after the draft 95% of this forum was adamant "You do not bring in competition for the 2nd pick in the draft".  They all wanted a "Veteran mentor", a guy who in theory could start.....and lose 75% of his games.....because he was no threat to Zach, a la McCown.

With that said, it was one scrimmage, and Wilson IS our future for the next few years, period.  So we're gonna have to deal with his growing pains.

It’s not about competition. He’s going to start. Getting a guy to hold the fort for the first few weeks until he builds enough confidence to have success in this league is a path most NFL teams have undertook.