Jamal Adams wants to be the NFL’s highest-paid safety. Should the Seahawks pay that much?

addage

1 hour ago, Jets0712 said:

Yes you are spot on with that Tyler kid. At center

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He's a beast man. 

I'm born in 1985 so in 1998 I was 13 years old with Kevin Mawae as my beast Jets Center. In 2006 I was only 21 years old with Nick Mangold as my beast Jets Center. 

Others may not understand where I'm coming from but I'm sorry watching Connor freaking McGovern @ Center doesn't even feel like I'm watching my JETS anymore. 

If we can provide both Zach Wilson and Michael Carter a guaranteed A+ starting Center and the NCAA's #1 ranked interior O-lineman out of Iowa in Tyler Linderbaum? He's a no brainier. Because I like him more than even Becton/AVG coming out; he's that good imo. 

He's not only the best interior O-lineman coming out. He's the best overall offensive lineman and at a position of NEED too (Center). 

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-top-10-interior-offensive-linemen-returning-2021-sleeper

1. C TYLER LINDERBAUM, IOWA

"Linderbaum went from a defensive tackle to the best offensive lineman in college football in just two years. He played both sides of the ball in high school and was recruited to play on the interior defensive line, where he logged 18 snaps in his first season. He then flipped to center for the 2019 campaign, where he started and recorded the fifth-best grade in the FBS at the position (81.7). And this past year, Linderbaum claimed the No. 1 spot with an astounding 91.5 PFF grade, featuring just three pressures allowed on 280 pass-blocking snaps. The Iowa center checks the athleticism box with flying colors. There’s not an interior offensive lineman in the country with similar movement skills. His return to school instead of declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft is a huge win for a Hawkeyes offensive line that has two marquee members — Alaric Jackson and Cole Banwart — departing. The key thing to watch with Linderbaum in 2021 is if he can put on a little bit more mass and sustain that same elite-level athleticism". 

I'm not a big fan of PFF but that's an excellent article about this beast Center and if JD couldn't pass up on both Becton/AVT? There's no way he'll be able to pass on Tyler Linderbaum. 

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well said @Warfish

I was one of the biggest Jamal Adams fans but guess what?

You don't see me creating threads about him anymore and why?

Because I think getting two 1st round picks was pretty awesome in return. 

It's sad. So many fans were making fun of Seattle's Defense last year without even realizing that A.) Our Jets Defense was even worse and B.) Fell off a 2020 cliff without him in comparison to 2019 and C.) We had no pass rush outside of QW of whatsoever. 

In closing what I find really weird is how so many fans continue to talk about "Jamal Adams" but yet aren't talking about the 2022 1st round draft pick from Seattle that they'd like to see JD draft. 

Like. Let it go already.... He's yesterday's old news. 

No, not letting it go. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No, not letting it go. 

Then don't. 

But when all the professional sports writers from all over America vote him into the HOF (as they've done All-Rookie and 3x All-Pro and 3x top 100 etc) I won't be letting it go either (because you don't make the HOF because of "popularity"). 

Serious question. Which say top 5 draft prospects would you love to see JD utilize with Adams pick from Seattle? 

Because Jamal has already netted us Alijah Vera-Tucker @ LG (not bad for "just a safety turned LG"). 

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Then don't. 

But when all the sports writers vote him into the HOF I won't be letting it go either (because you don't make the HOF because of "popularity"). 

Serious question. Which say top 5 draft prospects would you love to see JD utilize with Adams pick from Seattle? 

Because Jamal has already netted us Alijah Vera-Tucker @ LG (not bad for "just a safety turned LG"). 

He might need to sign a contract before they put him in Canton. 

Not a draft guy. But, if there is a TE with the wingspan of a pterodactyl, I’ll take that one. 

Thank you Jamal for AVT. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He might need to sign a contract before they put him in Canton. 

Not a draft guy. But, if there is a TE with the wingspan of a pterodactyl, I’ll take that one. 

Thank you Jamal for AVT. 

I love that TE out of Texas A & M (Jalen Wydermyer) because he's finished #2 behind Kyle Pitts in SEC TE voting both 2019 and 2020 for All-SEC TE and imo he's built as more of a physical freak than Kyle Pitts. 

I've been screaming for months now. 

1st round: Jalen Wydermyer (TE).

1st round: Tyler Linderbaum (C).

Then with our 2nd round (x2), 3rd round (x1) and 4th round (x2) we could use all 5 on defensive players for all I care but TE and Center is what I hope for man.

He's a freak. A+ pass catcher and also A+ run blocker. A dual TE if I've ever seen one. Watch those highlights Crusher I think you'll like him. 

• Upvote 2

It's a proven 100% fact he's always agreed to take less than what he could've been given. 
Why wouldn't he?
The money he left behind for N.E to give to other players in order to help his team win SBs he easily made back throughout multiple endorsements and off the field contracts.

The Pats cheated the cap for years by paying Brady through his vitamin company. Amazing what they got away with!

• Upvote 3

I know he trashed all of Adam Gase, JD and the Johnsons on his way out etc but I'd still love to see JD and Woody become forgiving and bring him back home. 
Could you imagine the Jets not only receiving two 1st round draft picks + Jamal Adams only 2 years later? It would force the NFL to make rule changes to Free Agency ?
Robert Saleh. 
Quinnen Williams. 
Carl Lawson. 
C.J. Mosley. 
Marcus Maye. 
Jamal Adams. 
With Zach Wilson on a rookie contract?
That's a disgusting Defense. 
And I couldn't imagine both Jamal Adams and Hamsah Nasirildeen on the same field together. 

That would be disgusting. No thank you.

Pete Carroll refuses to answer question about Jamal Adams contract saga

Former NY Jets safety Jamal Adams continues to remain off of the practice field in hopes of signing a new deal, and Pete Carroll doesn't want to say much about it.

By

Ian Roddy

-

08/09/2021

Jamal Adams, Seattle Seahawks, NY Jets, Getty Images

Jamal Adams takes his contract drama to Seattle

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before. Training camp is well underway for all 32 NFL teams and Jamal Adams is noticeably absent as he holds out for a new contract.

Adams has been conducting what some have described as a “hold-in” at Seattle Seahawks training camp; he is present at practices, but not participating in them, merely watching from the side.

On Sunday, head coach Pete Carroll was asked whether there’s a point at which he’ll become concerned over the amount of time Adams has missed as the contract tensions linger.

“Why would I tell you that?” Carroll responded.

That answer says more than enough about the spot Seattle is in with Adams. They have no leverage and may ultimately have no choice but to give him what he wants.

While still a member of the Jets last season, it was reported that Adams wants upwards of $20 million per season.

Is Adams worth that? Most would argue that he is not. But the real question becomes whether the Seahawks have a choice. They gave up all of their leverage when they traded two first-round picks and more for him.

The biggest selling point that Adams is likely drilling home is the record-breaking season he just had as a pass rusher. Adams broke the record for sacks by a safety with 9.5 in 2020, doing so despite missing four games.

This is, of course, a valid argument in Adams’ favor, but Adams was also quite disappointing from a coverage standpoint. He posted a coverage grade of 53.1 at PFF, ranking 55th out of 64 qualified safeties. That was a huge step back from his coverage with the Jets. His coverage grade of 87.5 in 2019 ranked seventh-best at his position.

Get Started: Learn More About Becoming A Jet X Member

Having the capability to post 9.5 sacks in 12 games makes Adams’ deficiencies in coverage more acceptable, but when he is asking for upwards of $20 million, that isn’t really the case anymore.

Adams, a former franchise cornerstone for the New York Jets, has been public enemy number one for fans in the tri-state area ever since he famously forced his way out of green and white over a year ago, citing a desire for a new contract as his sole reason.

It didn’t take clairvoyance from Jets fans to know that come August 2021, the Seahawks would likely be struggling with an Adams holdout of their own – and here we are.

Joe Douglas and the Jets must feel great about the fact that rather than a disgruntled Adams on the roster, they have a promising young guard on a brand new rookie contract in Alijah Vera-Tucker and an extra first-round pick in next year’s draft.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Seattle has less then 0 leverage.  Adams is going to get paid a boatload of money.

I hope he becomes a major team distraction. And I hope he sits out all of 2021 too because we've got their 1st round pick. They sucked in 2019 on Defense without him and if not for Jamal Adams of 2020 their defense would've literally created zero QB pressures. They'll stink even more without him than in 2019 too because they had the worst offseason of any other team. 

If anything happens to Russell Wilson this is an 0-17 team at best. Russell Wilson is MVP caliber. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I hope he becomes a major team distraction. And I hope he sits out all of 2021 too because we've got their 1st round pick. They sucked in 2019 on Defense without him and if not for Jamal Adams of 2020 their defense would've literally created zero QB pressures. They'll stink even more without him than in 2019 too because they had the worst offseason of any other team. 

You do know what “literally” literally means don’t you ?

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Snook said:

You do know what “literally” literally means don’t you ?

lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb
adverb: literally
  1. in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
    "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
    • INFORMAL
      used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
      "I was literally blown away by the response I got"
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, TeddEY said:
lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb
    "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
    • INFORMAL

And Seattle's 2021's Defense without Jamal Adams will literally create for zero pass rush. 

@TeddEY am I using it right? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, David Harris said:

And Duane Brown also having a hold in 

? 

"Pete Carroll acknowledges Duane Brown is 'making a statement' about contract: We're working at it".

sounds like he's about to get locked up long term but damn would I love for him to pull a Le'Veon Bell and holdout all of 2021. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If anything happens to Russell Wilson this is an 0-17 team at best. Russell Wilson is MVP caliber. 

They might stink I’m getting pressure without him but they will get better in pass coverage. It’s a wash. He’s a non factor. 

34 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They might stink I’m getting pressure without him but they will get better in pass coverage. It’s a wash. He’s a non factor. 

They were a much worse overall team defense in 2019 than they were in 2020.

Would you like 20-30 Defensive statistics so you can see for yourself? Because Seattle didn't trade two 1st round picks all because they had a "good" 2019 Defense..  

Our top 10 2019 Jets Defense also fell off a cliff without him and I could post those statistics too. 

Not liking him as a person? Cool. Saying he's an awful player? I disagree. 

I'm A+ happy with our two 1st round picks though (just don't feel the need to be extreme and destroy the guy). 

PS: I'm jk about posting the stats man I'll agree to disagree I just think he's an awesome SS. 

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

They were a much worse overall team defense in 2019 than they were in 2020.

Would you like 20-30 Defensive statistics so you can see for yourself? Because Seattle didn't trade two 1st round picks all because they had a "good" 2019 Defense..  

Our top 10 2019 Jets Defense also fell off a cliff without him and I could post those statistics too. 

Not liking him as a person? Cool. Saying he's an awful player? I disagree. 

I'm A+ happy with our two 1st round picks though (just don't feel the need to be extreme and destroy the guy). 

PS: I'm jk about posting the stats man I'll agree to disagree I just think he's an awesome SS. 

You are so not joking about that stats. You got them locked and loaded. Don’t lie to me. Haha 

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You are so not joking about that stats. You got them locked and loaded. Don’t lie to me. Haha 

No but I can copy and paste them from another Adams thread ? but yeah that'll go back to my bad habits who am I to try and change your Jamal Adams opinion because I know stats from someone else can't change mine so it's stupid. 

Wish you didn't lock that Buffalo Thread so soon even tho I asked for it. I had all my Baker Mayfield vs Josh Allen 1st 3 years combined of stats all ready to go (where Baker kicks his ass overall) and when I pressed Submit Reply?!? Error. 20 minutes wasted. I was pissed. 

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No but I can copy and paste them from another Adams thread ? but yeah that'll go back to my bad habits who am I to try and change your Jamal Adams opinion because I know stats from someone else can't change mine so it's stupid. 

Wish you didn't lock that Buffalo Thread so soon even tho I asked for it. I had all my Baker Mayfield vs Josh Allen 1st 3 years combined of stats all ready to go (where Baker kicks his ass overall) and when I pressed Submit Reply?!? Error. 20 minutes wasted. I was pissed. 

I didn’t lock it. Porky pig did. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I didn’t lock it. Porky pig did. 

Just make sure you unlock it after the season so I can prance around within a Buffalo ? stampede ok. 

Back to Jamal Adams. I wonder where he'll rank after his record breaking DB sacks once the new Top 100 comes out? I'm guessing 22. 

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Just make sure you unlock it after the season so I can prance around within a Buffalo ? stampede ok. 

Back to Jamal Adams. I wonder where he'll rank after his record breaking DB sacks once the new Top 100 comes out? I'm guessing 22. 

Yeah I’ll put it on my calendar. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:
lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb
    • INFORMAL

dj.png.fea675e9c3c4b0aa953d5479533181cb.png

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2021 at 6:52 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know he trashed all of Adam Gase, JD and the Johnsons on his way out etc but I'd still love to see JD and Woody become forgiving and bring him back home. 

Did you get your pizza last night? Saleh talked about how championship teams have great locker rooms or, in other words, how bringing back Jamal Adams is the very last thing they would ever consider doing. He’s a me-first selfish prick. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slats said:

Did you get your pizza last night? Saleh talked about how championship teams have great locker rooms or, in other words, how bringing back Jamal Adams is the very last thing they would ever consider doing. He’s a me-first selfish prick. 

He's no Mike Vick, Aaron Hernandez, Ray Rice etc who you guys try and paint him out to be. That's for sure. 

And most NBA/MLB/NFL players are selfish and greedy me first players.

Have you ever taken the time to actually look up their $$$$$$$$$$ player contracts? $$$$$$$$$$

Because I have. 

World hunger is a real thing and Patrick Mahomes just accepted a half a billion dollar contract $500M. Omg. Omg. Omg. What a selfish prick.

("SB" doesn't change that).

• Thumb Down 1