Is OFFICIAL!!! Bonds a cheat. Pull the records.

SouthernJet

care to post the article...can't open the link

too big,,,

wiull give u 1st page:

Bonds exposed

Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted: Tuesday March 7, 2006 12:55PM; Updated: Tuesday March 7, 2006 1:15PM

NEW YORK (SI.com) -- Beginning in 1998 with injections in his buttocks of Winstrol, a powerful steroid, Barry Bonds took a wide array of performance-enhancing drugs over at least five seasons in a massive doping regimen that grew more sophisticated as the years went on, according to Game of Shadows, a book written by two San Francisco Chronicle reporters at the forefront of reporting on the BALCO steroid distribution scandal.

(An excerpt of Game of Shadows that details Bonds' steroid use appears exclusively in the March 13 issue of Sports Illustrated, which is available on newsstands beginning on Wednesday. The book's publication date is March 27.)

The authors, Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, describe in sometimes day-to-day, drug-by-drug detail how often and how deeply Bonds engaged in the persistent doping. For instance, the authors write that by 2001, when Bonds broke Mark McGwire's single-season home-run record (70) by belting 73, Bonds was using two designer steroids referred to as the Cream and the Clear, as well as insulin, human growth hormone, testosterone decanoate (a fast-acting steroid known as Mexican beans) and trenbolone, a steroid created to improve the muscle quality of cattle.

BALCO tracked Bonds' usage with doping calendars and folders -- detailing drugs, quantities, intervals and Bonds' testosterone levels -- that wound up in the hands of federal agents upon their Sept. 3, 2003 raid of the Burlingame, Calif., business.

Depending on the substance, Bonds used the drugs in virtually every conceivable form: injecting himself with a syringe or being injected by his trainer, Greg Anderson, swallowing pills, placing drops of liquid under his tongue, and, in the case of BALCO's notorious testosterone-based cream, applying it topically.

According to the book, Bonds gulped as many as 20 pills at a time and was so deeply reliant on his regimen that he ordered Anderson to start "cycles" -- a prescribed period of steroid use lasting about three weeks -- even when he was not due to begin one. Steroid users typically stop usage for a week or two periodically to allow the body to continue to produce natural testosterone; otherwise, such production diminishes or ceases with the continued introduction of synthetic forms of the muscle-building hormone.

Bonds called for the re-starting of cycles when he felt his energy and power start to drop. If Anderson told Bonds he was not due for another cycle, the authors write, Bonds would tell him, "F--- off, I'll do it myself.''

The authors compiled the information over a two-year investigation that included, but was not limited to, court documents, affidavits filed by BALCO investigators, confidential memoranda of federal agents (including statements made to them by athletes and trainers), grand jury testimony, audiotapes and interviews with more than 200 sources. Some of the information previously was reported by the authors in the Chronicle. Some of the information is new. For instance, in an extensive note on sourcing, the authors said memos detailing statements by BALCO owner Victor Conte, vice president James Valente and Anderson to IRS special agent Jeff Novitzky were sealed when they first consulted them, but have been unsealed since.

Ehhh...who cares really? Everyone already knew, this story is ancient history.

not really sheep wader wearer,,

this has docs that have been sealed to date,,,

we all knew he was usin, but thi sis the smokin gun,,

he will retire after the dust settles, wont play in 2006,,

not really sheep wader wearer,,

this has docs that have been sealed to date,,,

we all knew he was usin, but thi sis the smokin gun,,

he will retire after the dust settles, wont play in 2006,,

Again though. Who really cares? What next? Damning evidence that the sky really is blue? Some people really get off on the downfall of others.

I firmly believe Bonds did it, but unfortunately a book is not going to get his records erased. Quite honestly I think Selig and all baseball officials knew full well that McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, and a host of others were on steroids. I think they stayed quiet because the homerun fest was sending ratings into the stratosphere shortly after a very ugly strike followed by negative fan reaction in the ratings. Steroids helped put baseball on the map which in Selig's eyes was a necessary evil. To suddenly start removing the records of guys like Bonds/McGwire/Sosa would practically open the door to admission that they knew all along, which Selig would never allow. Selig should approach Bonds right now and tell him to hang them up. He will have his current place in history that is tainted in the minds of fans, but legit in the eyes of baseball. If Bonds surpasses Ruth and Aaron, I think it will lead to a nationwide demand for an investigation that could expose baseball in a seriously damaging way.

I firmly believe Bonds did it, but unfortunately a book is not going to get his records erased. Quite honestly I think Selig and all baseball officials knew full well that McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, and a host of others were on steroids. I think they stayed quiet because the homerun fest was sending ratings into the stratosphere shortly after a very ugly strike followed by negative fan reaction in the ratings. Steroids helped put baseball on the map which in Selig's eyes was a necessary evil. To suddenly start removing the records of guys like Bonds/McGwire/Sosa would practically open the door to admission that they knew all along, which Selig would never allow. Selig should approach Bonds right now and tell him to hang them up. He will have his current place in history that is tainted in the minds of fans, but legit in the eyes of baseball. If Bonds surpasses Ruth and Aaron, I think it will lead to a nationwide demand for an investigation that could expose baseball in a seriously damaging way.

me thinks he never plays again,,

he cant without the juice

me thinks he never plays again,,

he cant without the juice

He could probably still be a 20-25 Hr guy.

Juice or not (Definitely JUICE), the guy was and is a pure hitter with incredible bat speed.

He should just retire and not put baseball through the burden of having to ignore his passing the Babe.

No, it's a pretty good day actually. Just don't see the big deal. How are the plans going for the parade?

It may not be a big deal to you and some others but to baseball fans who are tired of watching this guy steal records from some of the hardest working, greatest athletes of all time, this was a long time coming.

of course he did it and everybody already knew about it DUR barry w/pirates mark M. w/oakland come on guys are you blind they went from ball players to WWE :banned:

of course he did it and everybody already knew about it DUR barry w/pirates mark M. w/oakland come on guys are you blind they went from ball players to WWE :banned:

There is a difference between "knowing" and PROVING!!! Some of us are happy that there is now PROOF!!

As an old time baseball fan, I think it sucks. They ought to yank all personal records from 1990 until last year when they instituted the steriod testing.

Yeah, too bad for the guys that didn't take during that time period, but you know what? It's like when you were in grade school and some jerk kid made a ruckus in class and the entire class was punished.

I've said it many times...it's a performance enhancing drug. Two guys are on the gun range using the same weapon, one guy attaches a scope on his...is it fair to the other guy? A scope is performance enhancing just like steriods. If steroid use doesn't bother you, then you evidently would cheat to get ahead.

It may not be a big deal to you and some others but to baseball fans who are tired of watching this guy steal records from some of the hardest working, greatest athletes of all time, this was a long time coming.
Man thanks for saying that ,I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagree ,baseball sucks now b/c of it .thank god some of these hall of famers aren't here to see what is happening to thier records. Please R.I.P guys we love ya!!!!!

1990-2003 will kind of be known like the "dead ball" era is known-Take the statistics and records with a grain of salt.

HOF debating and other marks of this time period will be dealt with on an individual basis.

the real travesties are not the Barry Bonds', but people like the Brady Anderson's who went from no where to sluggers. It was absurd.

As an old time baseball fan, I think it sucks. They ought to yank all personal records from 1990 until last year when they instituted the steriod testing.

Yeah, too bad for the guys that didn't take during that time period, but you know what? It's like when you were in grade school and some jerk kid made a ruckus in class and the entire class was punished.

I've said it many times...it's a performance enhancing drug. Two guys are on the gun range using the same weapon, one guy attaches a scope on his...is it fair to the other guy? A scope is performance enhancing just like steriods. If steroid use doesn't bother you, then you evidently would cheat to get ahead.

I don't like speaking on behalf of our board administrator but in this case I must........... he did not mean for the rest of the class to suffer.

I hope this whole bonds thing blows over quickly. I'm tired of him constantly putting baseball in a bad light, which is every time he hits the media

lets have a fresh clean start to this coming season

He could probably still be a 20-25 Hr guy.

Juice or not (Definitely JUICE), the guy was and is a pure hitter with incredible bat speed.

He should just retire and not put baseball through the burden of having to ignore his passing the Babe.

If bonds plays 120 games in 2006, I think he'll hit 30-35 homers and have a .400 OBP

thats why I drafted him in my fantasy league with my friends from college. he'll get IBBs out the ying yang because nobody wants to give up #714

F U C K Bonds. That hulking ape has made a mockery of the sport.

I hope he blows his knees out...

LL

I'll also give an "amen" with a F U C K Bonds of my own.

But as long as LL is here, I thought I'd ask our resident attorney this. Do these paper records constitute irrefutable proof? I thought everyone is innocent until proven dooshey.

The PROOF is When you notice these guys jumping 3 jersey sizes in 1 off season Bro. Wake up and Smell the jet fumes man. there's your Proof :box:

or maybe he was eating his wheaties

now we have proof he was doping and don't have to deal with people telling us to "prove" he was doing all this ****.

The PROOF is When you notice these guys jumping 3 jersey sizes in 1 off season Bro. Wake up and Smell the jet fumes man. there's your Proof :box:

Common sense does not equal proof. Let a lawyer go in to court and argue a case trying to get a conviction based on what somebody looks like. Maybe you didn't understand bro, by proof I mean documented facts (like papers recovered from BALCO documenting his use). I, like many other fans have known for years that the guy is using, but until you can show EVIDENCE of it other than "look, he's big and strong" it's just an accusation.

If bonds plays 120 games in 2006, I think he'll hit 30-35 homers and have a .400 OBP

thats why I drafted him in my fantasy league with my friends from college. he'll get IBBs out the ying yang because nobody wants to give up #714

well u are the rube of the league u r in then,,

thats like drafting a dead guy in fantasy football,,

this turd wont even play this year ,,

one of the bennys of roids was it improved his eyesight,, so even a non roid athelete like bonds will have trouble with the decreased eyesight,,the article states his biggest gains was when he kicked in the eye improvement regimen,,

he is done,, trade him for pizza,, i hear he is gonna have a hell of a year,,

Common sense does not equal proof. Let a lawyer go in to court and argue a case trying to get a conviction based on what somebody looks like. Maybe you didn't understand bro, by proof I mean documented facts (like papers recovered from BALCO documenting his use). I, like many other fans have known for years that the guy is using, but until you can show EVIDENCE of it other than "look, he's big and strong" it's just an accusation.
Well since you have always known about him using! how do you feel about him stealing? MLB Records for that matter or are you one of those fans ,that are like can't wait until he breaks another record so you can go out and get his autograph for it?:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

well u are the rube of the league u r in then,,

thats like drafting a dead guy in fantasy football,,

this turd wont even play this year ,,

one of the bennys of roids was it improved his eyesight,, so even a non roid athelete like bonds will have trouble with the decreased eyesight,,the article states his biggest gains was when he kicked in the eye improvement regimen,,

he is done,, trade him for pizza,, i hear he is gonna have a hell of a year,,

pizza? you mean PiAzza?

and I think Bonds will put up similar ratio numbers of '05 in more games

Well since you have always known about him using! how do you feel about him stealing? MLB Records for that matter or are you one of those fans ,that are like can't wait until he breaks another record so you can go out and get his autograph for it?:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Actually if you read all of the posts on this thread you'd see what I think. I already said I'm glad it has now been proven since he's been stealing records for years. He's a scumbag and I hope the next thing he breaks is his neck.

Archived