Jets Release First Unofficial Depth Chart, Moore not Listed With Starters

Elijah Moore

The Jets have put out their first depth chart of the year and while it is unofficial, that doesn’t mean we won’t be combing thorough it to look for any surprises and of course, there will always be a few.

Fans who have been watching Elijah Moore make big plays on a daily basis might be surprised to see the rookie listed with the second team but fear not, Jets fans.  This is more than likely a show of respect for veteran receiver Jamison Crowder who will lose a huge chunk of time to Moore this season.  Expect the dynamic rookie receiver to be on the field a whole lot in 2021.

Another veteran being shown some respect is right tackle George Fant who will literally have to move mountains to start at right tackle over the recently signed Morgan Moses.  Both Moses and Fant are listed as co-starters at right tackle.  Look for Moses to start and for Fant to be a backup/swing tackle.

Incumbent tight end Chris Herndon is also listed as the starter despite speculation by some that free agent Tyler Kroft could steal the starting job.  Herndon being with the starters clearly isn’t locked in, but this is where he should be as he looks for a huge bounce-back season.  Surprisingly, Kroft is listed with the 3’s as Ryan Griffin is listed as Herndon’s backup.

Many Jets fans tuned out in the second half last season and didn't notice Chris Herndon was a different player. The guy with all the drop and fumbles disappeared in the second half of the season and we saw the promise that was evident in year 1. Biggest issue? Lack of targets. pic.twitter.com/HjbsRIWKB6

— Glenn Naughton (@AceFan23) May 22, 2021

Rookie Hamsah Nasirildeen is one of the bigger surprises in being listed as a starting weak-side linebacker.  It’s no surprise to see Nasirildeen play well enough to earn that spot, but to have done it this quickly is a good sign.  Second-year nickel back Javelin Guidry was listed as the team’s starter in a spot that is largely up in the air.

You can see the full depth chart right here.

The post Jets Release First Unofficial Depth Chart, Moore not Listed With Starters appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/ttmZ8eYHKqU

Click here to read the full story...

1 minute ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Who is Hamsah Nasirildeen Nasirildeen and why does he deserve a starting spot? Are there any overly passionate Jets fans in here that could provide me paragraphs of raving insights on him?

I'm a diehard FSU fan and I was screaming the name of Hamsah Nasirildeen months before we drafted the kid. The moment we traded Jamal Adams I then began to beg for my FSU dude Hamsah Nasirildeen. 

You think Jamal Adams was a TACKLING MACHINE @ LSU? You haven't seen nothing yet (until you check of Hamsah Nasirildeen).

This kid before his ACL injury was a guaranteed 1st round draft pick and the most physical FSU DB I've ever witnessed. 

The good news? He's 100% recovered from injury and he returned for our final 2 games last year. He was the same tackling machine he was before the injury. And when he picked off a pass and returned it for 20+ yards? I couldn't stop jumping up and down out of raw emotions I screamed at my TV "HE'S BACK"!

1st round talent/6th round steal. Future Pro Bowl and All-Pro defensive NIGHTMARE. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Oh look, it has Mims on the second team, backing up Davis, along with Moore (outside, behind Cole) and Berrios (slot, Crowder).

Other interesting nuggets:

Perine listed as the second RB, ahead of Johnson, with Carter, Adams, and Walter listed as 4th string (LOL suuuuuure)

White ahead of Morgan

Fant and Moses listed as co-starters at RT

TE Depth Chart goes Herndon-Griffin-Kroft, followed by Wesco/Brown/Yeboah on the 4th string

Alex Lewis is not on the Depth Chart at all, with Corey Levin ahead of Cam Clarke as the backup RG

On the DL, Zuniga is 3rd String (no surprise). So is Marshall; Tanzel Smart and Nathan Sheppard are the second string DTs. One problem: Quinnen, who hasn't been activated yet, isn't listed. So if they plan to roll 8 deep on the DL, it looks like Sheppard, Smart, and Marshall are scrapping for one spot. Oh, no Kyle Phillips yet, either. This DL is deep and talented and some of these cuts will get snatched up elsewhere

A surprise at LB: Nasrilideen listed as the starter, Sherwood listed as backing up Davis. Cashman listed backing up Hamsah.

CB - another list I was interested to see - rolls Guidry as the No. 1 slot, and Lamar Jackson (whose name we haven't heard much) on the second team. Pinnock, Dunn, and Elijah Campbell are the third teamers and I can't see the Jets keeping 9 or even 8 CBs so this will get interesting.

At S, no Davis listed yet, but Sharrod Neasman is ahead of Bennett Jackson which can't be a good sign for Jackson

Corey Ballentine is 1st string at KR.

• Upvote 1

Reading over that roster, as a fan of the NFL in addition to the Jets, not one player strikes me as “unstoppable star/stud.” Lawson may be showing glimpses, but at the cost and confidence of what was our best player last year: Becton. 

I recognize this team has improved talent-wise, but we do NOT have a winning roster. It’s full of young players who show great potential and raw athletic numbers, but haven't shown anything on the field and aren’t paired with many vets who actually KNOW how to win. 

22 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm a diehard FSU fan and I was screaming the name of Hamsah Nasirildeen months before we drafted the kid. The moment we traded Jamal Adams I then began to beg for my FSU dude Hamsah Nasirildeen. 

You think Jamal Adams was a TACKLING MACHINE @ LSU? You haven't seen nothing yet (until you check of Hamsah Nasirildeen).

This kid before his ACL injury was a guaranteed 1st round draft pick and the most physical FSU DB I've ever witnessed. 

The good news? He's 100% recovered from injury and he returned for our final 2 games last year. He was the same tackling machine he was before the injury. And when he picked off a pass and returned it for 20+ yards? I couldn't stop jumping up and down out of raw emotions I screamed at my TV "HE'S BACK"!

1st round talent/6th round steal. Future Pro Bowl and All-Pro defensive NIGHTMARE. 

Consider me sold

10 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Reading over that roster, as a fan of the NFL in addition to the Jets, not one player strikes me as “unstoppable star/stud.” Lawson may be showing glimpses, but at the cost and confidence of what was our best player last year: Becton. 

I recognize this team has improved talent-wise, but we do NOT have a winning roster. It’s full of young players who show great potential and raw athletic numbers, but haven't shown anything on the field and aren’t paired with many vets who actually KNOW how to win. 

That D-line should be a top 5 line in the NFL.  I'm not really worried about the popularity of each individual player.

If McGovern returns to 2019 form that the OL will be top half of the NFL at minimum.

50 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

WELL this is the plan. Everyone hates the vets and "splashy signings". We will see how this all works out but im nervous 

DEPTH CHART

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Special Teams
Position First Second Third Fourth
K Chris Naggar Matt Ammendola    
P Braden Mann      
H Braden Mann      
PR Braxton Berrios Keelan Cole Michael Carter Elijah Moore
KR Corey Ballentine Ty Johnson Josh Malone Michael Carter
LS Thomas Hennessy      

NOTE:
DL Vinny Curry - Active/NFI
S Ashtyn Davis - Active/PUP
DL Kyle Phillips - Active/PUP
DL Quinnen Williams - Active/PUP
OL Parker Ferguson - Reserve/Injured
DB Saquan Hampton - Reserve/PUP
OL Alex Lewis - Exempt

Unofficial depth chart compiled by the Jets communications staff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Consider me sold

You've gotta see for yourself man. 

No matter how many words I type I can't describe what I watched every Saturday on my TV. 

All I know is once getting drafted 6th round? I couldn't stop telling our fan base how we stole the steal of the draft as a 1st round freak. I told as many people as I could that there was no way Sherwood or any other Jets player could keep him from becoming a starter. Because he's just too good and too impactful to not be on the field (every single play). 

I loved Dalvin Cook. But I love this kid even more.  

He's a DOG man.

He once recorded 10, 10, 11, 11, 12, 12, 15, 17 and 22 tackles (during single games) and not even JAMAL ADAMS @ LSU could fly to the ball LIKE THAT!

I've watched almost every FSU game since 1999-2000 and he's by far the most physical FSU player I've ever had the blessings to root for. 

Watch. That's the INT I almost broke out in tears over because he's an even better kid than he is a beast Football player. He's so humble and his ACL injury has made him more hungry. He will not let us down. Because he won't let himself down. 

He only played 2 games last year. He returned from injury and better than ever too. Our last game of the season? 9 tackles. 1 tackle for loss. 1 pass defended. And 1 INT returned for 25 yards! I was screaming at my TV GO NAS GO HAM ON EM NAS GOOOO HAM ON EM!

yo. I was so fired up and I knew right then and there my favorite FSU dude was BACK!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Action Zachtion said:

Moore is an exciting rookie but I'm not expecting him to light the world on fire day one. 

The TEs don't seem to catch many of their targets in the practice reports.  Hopefully one of them steps up. 

Moore will be a stud year 1. Bank it. 

Bryce Hall I think will take a major leap this year too. 

2 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Who is Hamsah Nasirildeen Nasirildeen and why does he deserve a starting spot? Are there any overly passionate Jets fans in here that could provide me paragraphs of raving insights on him?

Harrison Ford Film GIF by Tech Noir

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Harrison Ford Rock GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Harrison Ford Film GIF by Tech Noir

Harrison Ford Rock GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Jamal Adams season highs in tackles of 67 and 76 (2.0 career sacks). 

H. Nasirildeen season highs in tackles of 91 and 101 (1.0 career sacks). 

So just imagine what type of nightmare Hamsah Nasirildeen is going to become on an NFL level because not even Jamal Adams can fly to the ball quite like my FSU dude Hamsah Nasirildeen can. 

1st round talent. 6th round steal of the draft. 

He's going to make an All-Rookie team this year. Jets fans will fall in love and he'll make a Pro Bowl next year. And writers will take note and he'll develop into an All-Pro during his 3rd season. 

OLB within a 4-3. SS. FS. CB. He's able to do it all and is by far the most physical FSU Defensive player I've ever seen. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jamal Adams season highs in tackles of 67 and 76 (2.0 career sacks). 

H. Nasirildeen season highs in tackles of 91 and 101 (1.0 career sacks). 

So just imagine what type of nightmare Hamsah Nasirildeen is going to become on an NFL level because not even Jamal Adams can fly to the ball quite like my FSU dude Hamsah Nasirildeen can. 

1st round talent. 6th round steal of the draft. 

He's going to make an All-Rookie team this year. Jets fans will fall in love and he'll make a Pro Bowl next year. And writers will take note and he'll develop into an All-Pro during his 3rd season. 

OLB within a 4-3. SS. FS. CB. He's able to do it all and is by far the most physical FSU Defensive player I've ever seen. 

Let's hope he's got a little Shade Tree in him.

I can’t believe a rookie WR not listed as a starter after signed a couple in FA is worth headlining news.

That’s where we at in this streamline-championing our new toys process. Zachs already crushing records and Moore’s been snubbed.

Lol creating drama when there’s none; Jets fans  

• Post of the Week 2