Jets Sign OL David Moore Off Waivers

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

I actually wanted the Jets to draft him... him & Meinerz were guys I was hoping the Jets to get.

Pretty clear why the Jets might want a look.  He's pretty quick and fluid out in space, can hit a moving target.  That's exactly what the Jets want for this new wide zone-blocking scheme.  Moore is probably PS material which is fine with me.  If he played LG in college and is developmental at Center why not get a look and work with him for a year?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jetluv58 said:

The rap on him seemed to be that he is too short.

Yeah, that's what I read too.

But his height isn't brand new info.  I don't think he shrunk since he was drafted. lol  So if his height isn't ideal but is acceptable then it all has to be about how plays and fits the system now.  Perhaps Carolina sees a guy who won't be ready for 2 years or isn't a fit for the O they will run (I don't know their system).  But if he's a fit for the Jets wide zone scheme and they Jets are will to be patient (they seemed like would be with Cam Clark) then this is a low risk move, and I like it.

• Upvote 3

I had the Jets taking him towards the late rounds with a ton of those silly ass mock simulators.

Not that I’ve ever seen him play outside of YouTube, anyone who is pretending like they’re tuning into Grambling State games and breaking down their OL is an assh0le.

But he was always ranked as a mid-round interior OL across pretty much all of them and would’ve been a more highly touted prospect if he was two inches taller.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Yet he wasn’t drafted. I recognize cheap depth can be mined every few hundred moons with UDFA rookies, but extremely rare. This is the Maccaggnan method. why I’m surprised by the cheering for a guy who most probably won’t make final cuts. 

Jets could have drafted him if they really valued him, yet they traded away their last pick w/KC in a weird trade down. 

He has been cut by a team that has OLine depth issues just like us and it’s only the 2nd week of TC. 

in auditing we refer to this as a Redflag. This guy has quite a few in a short amount of time. 

To each his own …….

Hey man.

He's a Guard prospect and our RG currently stinks in Van Roten; so why not kick as many tires until one pops with a quality starter? 

Richard "Night Train" Lane (CB). 

Wes Welker (WR).

Chris Harris (CB).

Brian Waters (OG). 

Nate Newton (OG).

Jason Peters (OT).

Joe Jacoby (OT).

Jeff Saturday (C). 

Adam Vinatieri (K). 

Justin Tucker (K).

Priest Holmes (RB).

Willie Parker (RB).

Arian Foster (RB).

James Harrison (OLB). 

London Fletcher (LB).

Michael Bennett (DE).

Rod Smith (WR).

Antonio Gates (TE).

Warren Moon (QB).

Kurt Warner (QB). 

Tony Romo (QB).

John Randle (DT).

Etc. 

Undrafted Jets:

Wayne Chrebet (WR)..

Victor Green (SS).

Robby Anderson (WR). 

Damon Harrison (NT/DT).

Brandon Moore (RG). 

John Hall (K). 

I mean the list goes on and on and if we did further research I'm sure we could find another 100+ quality starting undrafted gems over the years.

Heck. One of my favorite Jets and most underrated player (ever) was an undrafted RG who paved the way for Curtis Martin in Brandon Moore @ RG. I loved that dude. 

I personally know nothing about this David Moore kid but I'm intrigued because there are a handful of Jets fans who wanted him during the draft and in closing? 

• IF you're an NFL GM? 

• And you don't believe in kicking tires on undrafted potential gems? 

• Well then you don't deserve to hold the title of a GM. 

√ Because sometimes the underdog and overlooked player becomes the player who has the heart of Rocky 1. 

Brandon Moore to David Moore. Can you imagine? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hey man.

He's a Guard prospect and our RG currently stinks in Van Roten; so why not kick as many tires until one pops with a quality starter? 

Richard "Night Train" Lane (CB). 

Wes Welker (WR).

Chris Harris (CB).

Brian Waters (OG). 

Nate Newton (OG).

Jason Peters (OT).

Joe Jacoby (OT).

Jeff Saturday (C). 

Adam Vinatieri (K). 

Justin Tucker (K).

Priest Holmes (RB).

Willie Parker (RB).

Arian Foster (RB).

James Harrison (OLB). 

London Fletcher (LB).

Michael Bennett (DE).

Rod Smith (WR).

Antonio Gates (TE).

Warren Moon (QB).

Kurt Warner (QB). 

Tony Romo (QB).

John Randle (DT).

Etc. 

Undrafted Jets:

Wayne Chrebet (WR)..

Victor Green (SS).

Robby Anderson (WR). 

Damon Harrison (NT/DT).

Brandon Moore (RG). 

John Hall (K). 

I mean the list goes on and one and if we did further research I'm sure we could find another 100+ quality starting undrafted gems over the years. Heck. My favorite Jets and most underrated player ever was an undrafted RG who paved the way for Curtis Martin in Brandon Moore @ RG. I loved that dude. 

I personally know nothing about this David Moore kid but I'm intrigued because there are a handful of Jets fans who wanted him during the draft and in closing? 

• IF you're an NFL GM? 

• And you don't believe in kicking tires on undrafted potential gems? 

• Well then you don't deserve to hold the title of a GM. 

√ Because sometimes the underdog and overlooked player becomes the player who has the heart of Rocky 1. 

Mike. Effing. Devito.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

it's a good move.  until the jets actually start to play games there's always some doubt as to which players will work out.  and as others have said, the jets have a shortage of guards at the moment so taking a look at another one isn't a bad thing.  who knows, he may be good enough to be a back up.  he also takes some pressure off trying to bring a guy back early from injury.

• Upvote 2

Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports recently did an article in which he ranked the top ten undrafted free agents both on talent and fit with their new team in the NFL. Moore checked in at No. 10 on Trapasso's list.

Here's what he had to say about the new Panthers lineman:

Moore will not lose leverage battles in the trenches at just under 6-2 and 330 pounds with offensive tackle arms that reach over 34 inches. In my scouting report for Moore I wrote "anchors like a champ."

He's an average to slightly above-average athlete by NFL interior blocker standards, and he's coming from Grambling, so his acclimation process will take time.

But he's ready to grapple inside. At times in pass protection, his feet stop churning, which stretches his balance to the limit. Moore is a textbook, under control combo blocker in the run game who plays with plenty of power. The only hurdle standing in the way is sixth-round pick Deonte Brown, who joins the Panthers with an Alabama pedigree. And he's even bigger and wider than Moore at 6-3 and 344 pounds. 

• Upvote 4

Yet he wasn’t drafted. I recognize cheap depth can be mined every few hundred moons with UDFA rookies, but extremely rare. This is the Maccaggnan method. why I’m surprised by the cheering for a guy who most probably won’t make final cuts. 

Jets could have drafted him if they really valued him, yet they traded away their last pick w/KC in a weird trade down. 
He has been cut by a team that has OLine depth issues just like us and it’s only the 2nd week of TC. 

in auditing we refer to this as a Redflag. This guy has quite a few in a short amount of time. 

To each his own …….

What is the risk? Talk about negative takes.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

23 hours ago, static14 said:

Gotta wonder why Carolina waived him. Isn't their line a mess? 

"Gotta' wonder why the Jets let him walk.  Don't their receivers suck"

Panthers fans last season re Robby Anderson.