Training Camp Practice - 8/10

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:
But have there been many batted balls or deflections? I recall 1 at the Green and white but the deflection was on a pressure.

I read that there were a couple of throws that seemd to die on Wilson which were actually partially defelcted at the line during the scrimmage.  Forgot who mentioned it -- but they said it happened 2 or 3 times on Saturday night.

Just now, kdels62 said:

Perine taking the opportunity to reimagine himself as a power back is good news.

Saleh has repeatedly referred to him as a power back in his pressers, which confused the sh*t out of me, but I guess he does have some “pop” in him.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Saleh has repeatedly referred to him as a power back in his pressers, which confused the sh*t out of me, but I guess he does have some “pop” in him.

Been a while since we have had a guy who can pick up 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 on the ground consistently.  Perine could be a valuable piece if he carves out a role as short yardage back.

• Upvote 4

Just now, kdels62 said:

Feels like narrative but still Becton has to be marginally better than last year and he’d be an upper echelon LT. 

I’d say narrative if Sabo didn’t put out such great content.  Dude knows his stuff so I trust his viewpoints.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

So is Wilson rolling out or scrambling to avoid pressure?  If not, why not? Is it because the CS wants him to stay in the pocket and learn his reads and the offense?  Many of these "sacks" can be avoided if the QB moves. Plus Wilson was highly regarded for his ability to extend plays. If he is not moving or running, these  plays are not replicating a game situation and Wilson is not truly Wilson and these "sacks" are not sacks.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’d say narrative if Sabo didn’t put out such great content.  Dude knows his stuff so I trust his viewpoints.

Yeah but Sabo is wrong just as much as anyone else. And Sabo gets homerific at times. And Sabo hasn’t attended enough training camps of different teams with elite pass rushers to actually know this. So while I like Sabo, it’s definitely narrative. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, kdels62 said:

Yeah but Sabo is wrong just as much as anyone else. And Sabo gets homerific at times. And Sabo hasn’t attended enough training camps of different teams with elite pass rushers to actually know this. So while I like Sabo, it’s definitely narrative. 

Can definitely agree there.  We’ll get our first look Saturday.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Why are we not actually  helping becton as well?  And are we running at lawson as well? 

Much easier for a pass rusher when you are not in game conditions and can just go full bore every single play.

Well that’s the rub isn’t it. It is more important that the offense learn the play and go through the motions than for them to try and trick the defense. It’s also more important for Becton to line up 1v1 and learn to deal with Lawson than it is to make line adjustments and draw up misdirections.

It’s practice. Let’s not be ridiculous. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1