Cimini: Should Jets Be Concerned By Wison's Early Hiccups?

flgreen

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

JD said after trading him that he liked Darnold and would have kept him if he couldn't have drafted Wilson. So despite Sam's experience (and that should not be discounted---he went through his training period, had a good number of starts etc.) Jets management obviously thinks Wilson will be the better player. Lets hope they are correct on this because we don't want to go through another 3 year training period with only fair results and losses. 

It’s going to be another 3 year training period but, I believe, we’re going to see far more growth and far more flashes of greatness.  

• Upvote 1

• Trevor Lawrence is Struggling in Jacksonville Jaguars Camp (5 days ago).

• Mac Jones Has A Very Rough Day In Patriots' First Padded Practice.

• Joe Burrow struggles highlight the importance of solid pass protection (today).

I believe Cincinnati passing on Penei Sewell was an epic disaster.

But yeah it looks like Zach Wilson isn't the only young QB having off days in training camp before even preseason game #1...

Last year for the Rookie who put up the greatest Rookie season of All-Time (below). 

"Chargers QB Justin Herbert faces struggles against first-team defense".

"The only way for a rookie to get acclimated to the speed to the NFL is to experience what it will be like come game day. That’s how it was for quarterback Justin Herbert, who was tasked with going up against the Chargers’ first-team defense on Friday. Last couple days, he’s struggled a little bit,” coach Anthony Lynn said before the workout. There’s a lot going on with protections and when you start doing more third downs. There’s more volume in the offense right now. I think this is going to help him take the next step. It’s good for him to be uncomfortable. As long as he’s uncomfortable and we don’t break his spirit, I think that’s an opportunity for great growth.”

Why are so many fans making a big deal about Zach Wilson struggles before even watching him play his first preseason game? Is it because beat writer hacks are writing about it? 

and is it only Rookies who struggle in training camp or do seasoned veterans also struggle throughout training camp at times? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Brees and Tannehill were not terrible.  They were both .500 in their first season and did not just win a single game and neither one broke the rookie INT record.  Terrible comparisons.  Not even close at all and no, there are not many other examples, hence why Manning is the only one repeated over and over again.  

And I didnt make a single statement about Zach Wilson sucking, I said it seems that he's not ready to start week 1 based on the reports we are hearing and the fact that he's a huge project taking an insane jump from a talent perspective.   You being an over sensitive fanboy who comes running to his defense at any criticism has you reading things I never typed.  I simply pointed out that the Manning comparison is stupid and the reps limitation for signing a vet narrative is also, stupid.  They're both so dumb it's mind numbing.  Therefor, I simply stated what many of us were concerned about, he's not ready for week 1 and we dont have a fall back option.  Which is fine but I think you're playing with fire.  

Fine, but it's so premature  to make any conclusion on Zach. If he stinks up 3 preseason  games and doesn't stack good practices maybe you think about when he's ready but after 10 practices?

Why ?  It’s like my opinion man    

he had cushy pockets at BYU   He had what, 2 surgeries?   

so how is he going to hold up against an NFL pass rush?
Like I said I hope I’m wrong but it’s not trending that way. 

None of these QB prospects were under duress in college like they will be in the NFL. And what does his surgeries have to do with ending plays with a tap on his shoulder? The Jets CS have to develop these kids, right now that is their number 1 job.

The most success we've had in recent times with a rookie Qb was with Mark Sanchez. And that's because they gave him a basic playbook and had a very good team to augment it. So imo if the team wants to win and he's our starter he gets color coding like Mark had. 

10 hours ago, flgreen said:

Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer4h

Should New York Jets be concerned by Zach Wilson's early hiccups?

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Clearly, New York Jets coach Robert Saleh had done his research, an indication he anticipated a question about the early struggles of rookie quarterback Zach Wilson.

"There was a Hall of Famer [Sunday] that was inducted that had a 71 quarterback rating his rookie year," Saleh said Monday.

It was a reference, of course, to Peyton Manning, who threw 28 interceptions and finished with an unsightly 71.2 passer rating in 1998 for the Indianapolis Colts. Saleh wasn't predicting a HOF gold jacket for Wilson; he was simply emphasizing growing pains are the norm at quarterback.

Wilson is experiencing them right now, and there's nowhere to hide. He's the QB1 and, unlike the other four teams that drafted quarterbacks in the first round this year, he doesn't have an experienced backup to push him or be a safety net.

The Jets set it up this way, going all-in with their prized rookie. The advantage is that Wilson -- the No. 2 overall draft pick -- gets all the first-team reps and invaluable on-the-job training. It allows him to establish his leadership from the outset; it's a chance to make it his team.

The downside is the tremendous pressure that comes with the position, knowing the entire organization is counting on him to overcome the rookie hiccups and be ready for the Sept. 12 opener against the Carolina Panthers (1 p.m. ET, CBS) as well as his predecessor, Sam Darnold, the Jets' 2018 first-round draft pick.

Every team has its own philosophy when it comes to grooming quarterbacks. The Jets, in a rebuilding year, are taking a long-term view. They're prepared for the bumps, confident there's a smooth road ahead.

It shows how much they believe in Wilson. They considered him a no-brainer type of pick over Trey Lance (San Francisco), Justin Fields (Chicago) and Mac Jones (New England), who were drafted Nos. 3, 11 and 15, respectively. The Jets didn't bring in a veteran until last week, with the signing of journeyman Josh Johnson, but he's more of a mentor than a viable backup.

"It is going to get worse before it gets better," said Saleh, perhaps trying to tamp down expectations for Wilson. "But he's at that point now where he's going to be able to stack up [good] days, and we have all the most utmost confidence in him and his ability, his ability to figure out the mistakes and correct him and get to a better place."

Wilson hasn't been awful, but he's had a handful of mediocre practices. Under the lights, in an instrasquad scrimmage Saturday night at MetLife Stadium, he threw two interceptions and led the offense to three points in seven possessions. On Monday, it was a mixture of good and bad. In a red zone period, he lofted a perfect fade route to Corey Davis for a 9-yard touchdown. He followed with another scoring pass to Davis, delivering the ball with nice velocity.

And then he ended the practice with seven straight incomplete passes, four of which came in a third-down period.

The Jets expect Wilson to make strides, and one of the reasons is because the offense just finished its installation -- meaning the players now have the entire playbook at their disposal. The hope is Wilson can shift into review mode, drilling down on everything that has been taught by offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur.

But that doesn't mean instant improvement. As Saleh noted, it usually gets worse before it gets better for most rookies.

"Really the biggest thing is, he's sharp," the coach said. "He'll talk through it all, he knows exactly where people are supposed to line up. He's very fluid in a huddle, he's got great command, he can correct people on the field. Now it's just a matter of getting reps and getting him opportunities to absorb all of the different things that he can see from the other side of the ball, and also just getting good timing with his receivers.

"So, he's fine. He's going to be just fine and ... there's a process that he's got to go through."

Wilson will play at least one quarter in the first preseason game, Saturday night against the New York Giants (7:30 p.m. ET). No matter how he plays, it's important to remember the learning curve. Even Hall of Famers can relate to that.

YARN | This man has a bad case of hiccups. | The Muppet Show (1976) -  S01E10 Harvey Korman | Video gifs by quotes | ec3eac14 | 紗

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Fine, but it's so premature  to make any conclusion on Zach. If he stinks up 3 preseason  games and doesn't stack good practices maybe you think about when he's ready but after 10 practices?

Agreed and I haven’t made any conclusions.  I’m just sharing my concerns and opinions based on the info we have now.  None of which ultimately have any impact on Zach Wilson, so it should be cool to discuss this stuff.  

9 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Brees and Tannehill were not terrible.  They were both .500 in their first season and did not just win a single game and neither one broke the rookie INT record.  Terrible comparisons.  Not even close at all and no, there are not many other examples, hence why Manning is the only one repeated over and over again.  

And I didnt make a single statement about Zach Wilson sucking, I said it seems that he's not ready to start week 1 based on the reports we are hearing and the fact that he's a huge project taking an insane jump from a talent perspective.   You being an over sensitive fanboy who comes running to his defense at any criticism has you reading things I never typed.  I simply pointed out that the Manning comparison is stupid and the reps limitation for signing a vet narrative is also, stupid.  They're both so dumb it's mind numbing.  Therefor, I simply stated what many of us were concerned about, he's not ready for week 1 and we dont have a fall back option.  Which is fine but I think you're playing with fire.  

Let's be honest.  Brees didn't go 8-8.  The Chargers went 8-8.  Brees threw 28 TD's to 31 INT's and completed 59% of his passes through is first two full seasons and that was after sitting for a year to learn.  There was a reason why SD drafted his replacement while he was still on the team.

17 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

OK...  so 22 years of crappy QB play does have something in common. The Johnsons.  They have hired incompetent management that seems clueless with QB's. Even when they try, they fukk it up. aka Gase.  You can't suck this long without a clear reason.  You defend them ad nauseum but they are terrible businessmen. Terrible. 

Thats actually pretty ridiculous.  The Johnsons drafted a QB, not the CS & GM?  It takes a competent owner to draft Brady in the 6th round and then luck out?  The Hunts owned the Chiefs since day one, they went from Len Dawson in the 1960s and were, what, incompetent until the finally got it right with Mahomes.  Being good at hiring a CS is the product of being a good businessman?  Now thats pretty funny.  Jerry Jones was a good business man with one hire and not so good with the 10 or so other hires?  

You have a hatred of the Johnsons, people with money I imagine.  You sound silly at best that theyre terrible businessmen.  OK, another bitch another blaming of the Johnsons.  Yet your biggest bitch is of Hess, who was less successful as a Jet owner but by all accounts was a great oil businessman.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Let's be honest.  Brees didn't go 8-8.  The Chargers went 8-8.  Brees threw 28 TD's to 31 INT's and completed 59% of his passes through is first two full seasons and that was after sitting for a year to learn.  There was a reason why SD drafted his replacement while he was still on the team.

Ok, lets be honest.  The Chargers sat Brees his rookie season and let him sit learn behind Doug Flutie because wait for it,.....he wasnt ready!  ;-) 

13 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

This defence has top 5 potential, if Zach WAS lighting it up every practice I’d be concerned.

Top 5 potential with our secondary? Are you high? And you didn’t share any of that good stuff?

But I do agree that Zach shouldn’t be expected to be lighting up any 1st stringers yet.

11 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Agreed and I haven’t made any conclusions.  I’m just sharing my concerns and opinions based on the info we have now.  None of which ultimately have any impact on Zach Wilson, so it should be cool to discuss this stuff.  

At the end of the day no matter what accolades  he got he still comes from a small school played lesser comp, his line protected  him better than anyone could expect  at the next level, he’s got a rookie head coach and offensive coordinator. His struggles are 100% expected and may just be part of the process. Yet, whoever knew all this and decided,” Plan B, a vet QB, why would we need one of those?” Is an absolute idiot and is the one at fault.

I think Zach could be a good to even  great QB if he has the time to get there. But, this plan? To send him in no matter what for the first game? Seems based on a decision that I struggle to believe is best for him. Seems to be Woody and Chris may be still calling shots behind the curtain of the wizard Joe Douglas. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Ok, lets be honest.  The Chargers sat Brees his rookie season and let him sit learn behind Doug Flutie because wait for it,.....he wasnt ready!  ;-) 

The only time you should throw the rookie into the fire is when the o-line is already stout, and you're not going to get your kid shell-shocked. I dont think this line is at that point. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

At the end of the day no matter what accolades  he got he still comes from a small school played lesser comp, his line protected  him better than anyone could expect  at the next level, he’s got a rookie head coach and offensive coordinator. His struggles are 100% expected and may just be part of the process. Yet, whoever knew all this and decided,” Plan B, a vet QB, why would we need one of those?” Is an absolute idiot and is the one at fault.

I think Zach could be a good to even  great QB if he has the time to get there. But, this plan? To send him in no matter what for the first game? Seems based on a decision that I struggle to believe is best for him. Seems to be Woody and Chris may be still calling shots behind the curtain of the wizard Joe Douglas. 

We're on the same page here, MT.  I dont really understand the plan and that's fine, I'm not saying it cant work but I am concerned.  I just think you're playing with fire.  You dont want to ruin this kid by throwing him to the wolves to quickly and I think it could have irreputable damage on his future.   I hope not, but it could and that's my biggest fear.  And this isnt about Zach Wilson.  Basically any other QB other then Lawrence and I would have wanted the same type of support system.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Paradis said:

It’s moronically early to have this conversation, pretty sure Mahomes struggled early in camp too… 

that said, I really hope for y’all’s sake that this works out. Cause if Zach bombs and Justin Fields is a star - I will scorch JN and most of you with it. 

But why should we care. Wilson’s ours. Fields is theirs. End of story. I don’t care how Field’s does. It’s immaterial. Same with Darnold. Yesterday’s news. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

You know who else struggled during his 2nd NFL training camp before heading into his first year of starting?

image.png.e41304e4c408cee975e32387ebeb7203.png

"New Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes has seven INTs in six practices".

"Patrick Mahomes made a choice early in Wednesday's training camp practice that the Kansas City Chiefs' starting quarterback immediately regretted. With the offense close to the goal line, Mahomes dropped to pass but had a running lane so wide he could have scored the touchdown himself. Mahomes instead threw into the end zone, where the pass was intercepted by reserve defensive back Leon McQuay. That was on me," Mahomes said. "I easily could have run in it. We were in a live period and I kind of didn't want to hear the defense talking trash to me for running it in because they can't tackle me [during practice]. So I threw the ball. ... You just have to play the game how it's supposed to be played [and] don't try to force something in because they can't tackle you. It's just something I have to learn from, and hopefully in a game I just run it in. That's the first thing I said when I came to the sideline: I could have run it. [The coaches] said, 'Then just do it. Don't train bad habits.' ... That was the play that needed to be made on that one. New Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes had three interceptions during Wednesday's training camp practice, giving him seven in six sessions. "He had a few hiccups today," offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said. It was a teaching moment for Mahomes and a mistake he might not make again. But it's not the only mistake he has made in camp. He threw two other interceptions Wednesday and has seven in six camp practices. Six of the picks have come during the three practice sessions in pads, when play is most competitive. He had a few hiccups today, offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said. But that's a part of the process. When you're young you need those hiccups because they become valuable lessons. Would we like for him to be perfect? Yes. We'd like for him to have the highest quarterback rating ever. ... He just needs to be poised under pressure. "Mahomes -- who only played in one game last season as a rookie -- is also making his share of big plays at practice. On Wednesday he threw over the top to Tyreek Hill for a long touchdown pass. But dealing with interceptions is something new for the Chiefs, who had the conservative Alex Smith as their quarterback for the last five seasons. Smith threw just five picks last season in 505 pass attempts. Mahomes made another error Wednesday, once calling the wrong play in the huddle. As a result, his receivers were running routes he wasn't expecting and he threw an interception. That's another mistake Smith rarely made, if ever. Being able to get in and out of the huddle, calling the right plays and then not making a bad play worse is something I've got to keep getting better at," Mahomes said. I have to eliminate those mistakes. It's something that can be described as a learning process. Hopefully I make those mistakes now and don't make them in the game. Despite the six camp interceptions, Bieniemy said he's not seeing Mahomes repeat any of his mistakes. They're all the result, he said, of different factors. He also said he's convinced Mahomes won't throw another interception when such a big running lane is available. He even said, 'I could have run it,' Bieniemy said. "I said, 'Listen, they all count the same. Six points is six points. If you can run it, go get it."

Patrick Mahomes (2018)

Despite...

"Training Camp Struggles"

12-4 Record.

383/580 (66.0%).

5,097 Passing yards.

50 TD's/12 INTs.

272 rushing yards (4.5 ypc) & 2 rush TDs.

5,369 yards and 52 TDs (combined).

QB Rating of 113.8.

Looks like he learned from (all of) those "training camp mistakes" and became a better Quarterback because of it.

• Patrick Mahomes. 

• Justin Herbert. 

image.thumb.png.47a12d236a5fca392d9694deb3588855.png

Before Patrick Mahomes was Patrick Mahomes and before Justin Herbert put up the greatest rookie season of All-Time there were TRAINING CAMP STRUGGLES

image.png.ca65eb5701f492c2e01d1664ad733504.png

This Zach Wilson kid QB has yet to even take a single preseason snap...

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny that was what I was thinking, lol

Somthin' I gotta add here.  I one of the ones that blew a gasket when the Jets won the Rams game.  I was hyper hyped to be getting Trevor Lawrence UNTIL the Rams game.  I'm still suffering the aftershock even though I kept an open mind regarding Wilson.  There is a lot to like there on paper.  Totally dedicated to the sport, very athletic, arm talent, super fast delivery. sees the field and complete a progression, etc.  Only three negatives, one of witch is not much of a concern.  

1.  Comparatively low release point (no real big deal here for an athletic QB that can see the entire field and throw from a variety of arm angles.

2. Strength/quality of competition during the sample that was taken of his abilities. 

3. Length of time that the sample was taken. 

Point number 2 and 3 are fairly daunting.  

I'm worried it may not take me those three games to come up with a conclusion.  It may be sooner :( 

35 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

But why should we care. Wilson’s ours. Fields is theirs. End of story. I don’t care how Field’s does. It’s immaterial. Same with Darnold. Yesterday’s news. 

No, it’s not. I’m talking about it from that angle. 

• Haha 1

I would expect a pretty good performance from Zach on Saturday night.  I think this staff has been deliberate in what they are having Zach do right now.   They are trying to get him to be comfortable with being uncomfortable in the pocket.  I would expect to see Zach get outside the pocket a bit once they establish some runs on Saturday.  I would be surprised if he played as poorly as he did during the green white scrimmage.   

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2021 at 7:56 AM, Jet Nut said:

Thats actually pretty ridiculous.  The Johnsons drafted a QB, not the CS & GM?  It takes a competent owner to draft Brady in the 6th round and then luck out?  The Hunts owned the Chiefs since day one, they went from Len Dawson in the 1960s and were, what, incompetent until the finally got it right with Mahomes.  Being good at hiring a CS is the product of being a good businessman?  Now thats pretty funny.  Jerry Jones was a good business man with one hire and not so good with the 10 or so other hires?  

You have a hatred of the Johnsons, people with money I imagine.  You sound silly at best that theyre terrible businessmen.  OK, another bitch another blaming of the Johnsons.  Yet your biggest bitch is of Hess, who was less successful as a Jet owner but by all accounts was a great oil businessman.

My two cents.  Hess & Johnson were both inept "football" men.  Hess, obviously a stellar self made man and by all accounts a good man, but still out of his wheelhouse when it came to football.  When Sonny left, the Jets suffered as a football organization even though Mr. Hess paid all the bills on time.  Mr. Hess was pressured by disgusted fans and at last, he hired the Tuna and gave him a lot of control.   In short order, they Jets were an elite team.  Then, Mr. Hess went to the big refinery in the sky and Johnson took over.  Johnson was not only out of his wheelhouse as a football man, he was out of his wheelhouse in every other respect.  The usual narrative is accurate.  Trust fund beneficiary that didn't have a job until he turned 40.  He is not a dark or despicable person, but neither is he respected as a businessman or football man and correctly so.  When Belichick got a load of Johnson, he wrote his resignation on a snot rag and got the hell out of town on a rocket sled. 

That is how it went.   

It looks at LONG LAST that Woody came to the same conclusion that Mr. Hess did when Mr. Hess hired the Tuna. Woody seems to have realized that it was time to bring a real football man and let him run the show.   Hence, he hired Joe Douglas and *APPEARS* that he has given Douglas control.

At least I HOPE so... 

• Upvote 1

I was going to start a thread, but I'll make my comment here instead.

I have tempered my expectations for Zach Wilson's first season. There are going to be flashes and moments of bliss, but I am fully prepared for many passes thrown a fraction of a second too late that get intercepted or broken up. He is eventually going to "get there", but you will see a lot of "not quite there yet" this year. My hope is that the defense has games where they put the team on their back and overcome the games when Zach is not playing to his potential. 

Growing pains is going to be the theme of the 2021 season. 

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

My two cents.  Hess & Johnson were both inept "football" men.  Hess, obviously a stellar self made man and by all accounts a good man, but still out of his wheelhouse when it came to football.  When Sonny left, the Jets suffered as a football organization even though Mr. Hess paid all the bills on time.  Mr. Hess was pressured by disgusted fans and at last, he hired the Tuna and gave him a lot of control.   In short order, they Jets were an elite team.  Then, Mr. Hess went to the big refinery in the sky and Johnson took over.  Johnson was not only out of his wheelhouse as a football man, he was out of his wheelhouse in every other respect.  The usual narrative is accurate.  Trust fund beneficiary that didn't have a job until he turned 40.  He is not a dark or despicable person, but neither is he respected as a businessman or football man and correctly so.  When Belichick got a load of Johnson, he wrote is resignation on a snot rag and got the hell out of town on a rocket sled. 

That is how it went.   

It looks at LONG LAST that Woody came to the same conclusion that Mr. Hess did when Mr. Hess hired the Tuna. Woody seems to have realized that it was time to bring a real football man and let him run the show.   Hence, he hired Joe Douglas and *APPEARS* that he has given Douglas control.

At least I HOPE so... 

woody had nothing to do with hiring JD or Saleh

They went out and paid two highly thought of, HOF GMs and it didn’t work either

Thankfully it seems as if it has now

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

woody had nothing to do with hiring JD or Saleh

They went out and paid two highly thought of, HOF GMs and it didn’t work either

Thankfully it seems as if it has now

Saleh was hired by JD and JD was suggested to CJ by ... COUGH... Gase.   BUT... Johnson(s) have not gotten in JD's way since he came on. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Saleh was hired by JD and JD was suggested to CJ by ... COUGH... Gase.   BUT... Johnson(s) have not gotten in JD's way since he came on. 

People keep saying that Gase hired or was suggested by Gase.  Suggested is fine, Gase could have, should have said he worked with him an was impressed or that they get along and that would make it easier.

But ultimately, you're the one who signs big checks, you made the hire.

Agree, they're letting JD run just about every aspect of the team and thats a good thing

9 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Its 2021 not 2001.  The game of football and the way its played, the easier move to the NFL by college QBs because of the way offenses are run in college has changed everything for QBs taken 20 years later.  QBs starting as rookies weren't commonplace.  QBs sitting for a year today is

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Its 2021 not 2001.  The game of football and the way its played, the easier move to the NFL by college QBs because of the way offenses are run in college has changed everything for QBs taken 20 years later.  QBs starting as rookies weren't commonplace.  QBs sitting for a year today is

The whole year in uncommon in 2021 but that's not what I was asking for.  I was looking for insurance incase he's not ready for week 1.  We've seen numerous times over the past years where teams took that approach and every team who took a QB this year has a veteran back up and/or are competing for the starting job and losing in most cases other than Lawrence lol. 

Goff, Mahomes, Mayfield, Jackson, Herbert, Watson, Tua, Trubisky, Haskins, Jones, Love are all 1st round picks that did not start week 1.  While the others have started week 1, I'm just saying that it's not uncommon for teams to take that approach. 

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

My two cents.  Hess & Johnson were both inept "football" men.  Hess, obviously a stellar self made man and by all accounts a good man, but still out of his wheelhouse when it came to football.  When Sonny left, the Jets suffered as a football organization even though Mr. Hess paid all the bills on time.  Mr. Hess was pressured by disgusted fans and at last, he hired the Tuna and gave him a lot of control.   In short order, they Jets were an elite team.  Then, Mr. Hess went to the big refinery in the sky and Johnson took over.  Johnson was not only out of his wheelhouse as a football man, he was out of his wheelhouse in every other respect.  The usual narrative is accurate.  Trust fund beneficiary that didn't have a job until he turned 40.  He is not a dark or despicable person, but neither is he respected as a businessman or football man and correctly so.  When Belichick got a load of Johnson, he wrote is resignation on a snot rag and got the hell out of town on a rocket sled. 

That is how it went.   

At least I HOPE so... 

Chris J hired Douglas though. When Woody took the ambassador role he had a shot to hand over the team to someone with experience outside of the family. He gave it to the other trustafarian instead.

• Upvote 1

August 8th, 7:45 A.M. 

Rich Cimini:

"Zach Wilson struggles in simulated game at MetLife Stadium". 

"We’re five weeks away from seeing how Jets rookie quarterback Zach Wilson will perform in a real NFL game. On Saturday night, he struggled in his first simulated NFL game at MetLife Stadium. Via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, Wilson threw two interceptions and led the starting offense to only three points in seven possessions against the starting defense.

He completed 11 of 24 passes for 112 yards. 

A crowd of nearly 20,000 at MetLife Stadium showed patience with Wilson. Via Cimini, there was no booing.

The Jets’ future franchise quarterback has five weeks to learn what he can before the Jets player their first game that counts, against former Jets’ future franchise quarterback, Sam Darnold.

Wilson won’t have to worry about the home crowd booing him then, either; he makes his NFL debut on the road at Carolina". 

These are the types of articles that bother me. 

• Why did he have to mention our fan base not booing Zach Wilson?  

Maybe it's because we understand he's a Rookie QB who's yet to play a single preseason game? 

• Why did he mention Zach Wilson not being booed @ Carolina? 

Is he predicting Zach Wilson is going to have a bad game? 

• And Has Rich Cimini written any recent Zach Wilson articles (today) talking up the fact that Zach Wilson just had consecutive days of back to back x2 TRAINING CAMP PRACTICES consisting of Multiple (beautiful) TD passes with 0 INTs and throughout back to back days too? 

Or do media hacks not do that? 

No worries. I've finally created a Twitter account after all these years of not knowing how it even worked. I already tweeted on his main Twitter Page A.) Reminding him 2021 is Denzel Mims first ever offseason Training Camp and B.) To go and suck Denzel Mims horse D*** and if Zach Wilson lights up Carolina I'm going to spam and troll his Twitter page until he knows the username "DWC"  and/or until Twitter bans me. 

It's pretty fun. I like this thing. You guys should follow me on Twitter ?