Cowherd rips Wilson pick…again

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

I am not throwing in any towel. But I am more concerned than I thought I would be here heading into week one of the preseason.

Just once I would like the Jets to find the natural, a great quarterback right from the start, effortlessly transitioning into the NFL.

You know everything we are seeing right now from Elijah Moore?  Exactly that. All the sports writers and all the coaches just drooling over the guy because they can see it, they can see “special“ every day every play.   And we’re not getting that from Wilson.  Worse, the opposite.  

SAR I

Totally get that. Many fans have suffered longer than I have (going on 24 years or so) so I understand just wanting to know you finally have one in the bag.

Unfortunately, we all will have to live with the fact that nobody will know anything for sure for about a year and a half. Even if Zach was lighting up training camp, we'd still have to wait a year and half to say he's probably good.

I'm not saying he's going to be good or going to be bust. I genuinely won't know for a while. If you asked me after Josh Allen's rookie year, I would tell you he was going to be a bust and Sam would be a stud. Look how times changed.

I think you have to take some solace in the fact that we seemingly have a well respected front office and coaching staff. Like Allen in Buffalo, it'll be incumbent on them to nurture and build around Zach for the next couple years. Then, and only then, we can make an informed decision on Zach.

P.S. I LOVE that some of the beat writers are now pushing back against this hysteria. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

Anyone getting worked up now is an impatient idiot. 

There is no ability to answer "Did the Jets make a big mistake" today, and anyone claiming they can is full of sh*t, or should go directly to Vegas and start laying down bets with their third eye future vision.

Lets talk in a year or so, and see then (not now) if "Zack sucks", and what an analysis of that "sucking" looks like.

Cowher, and those worked up about Cowherd, are just whiners jumping to hyperbolic conclusions at this point.

Absolutely agree.  In the mildest defense of Zach's critics, the odds on any drafted QB can't be much better than 50-50.

But whatever any of us thought about drafting Wilson, we are all 100% on board with Zach now.  And there are many more positive indicators than negative.  So take a pill and chill.  Let's watch how he progresses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

Yes yes we know. And for all the Elways, Mannings, etc there’s tons more QBs that don’t get better. This is a tired old argument.

Can you list me 20 QB's (good or bad) who did not struggle during Training Camp before ever throwing a single preseason pass? 

Nope. You cant. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't agree with this but Cowherd's observation is that in today's NFL the QB's that are successful weren't highly lauded in high school, come from small colleges, come from nothing, weren't drafted at the top of the first round, are afraid to fail, have a chip on their shoulder, and outwork everyone else.  Therefore Wilson isn't going to succeed because he's been coddled as a nurtured QB prodigy his whole life, was drafted at #2, has never known struggle, has never known hardship, and could quit tomorrow and get a comfy vice presidency at a major airline.

SAR I

Yeah, like Peyton and Eli Manning!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Yes yes we know. And for all the Elways, Mannings, etc there’s tons more QBs that don’t get better. This is a tired old argument.

And that wasn’t close to the point.  One more time, the point is you need more than a few practices to decide what he is.  No shlt sucking as bad as Elway doesn’t mean you will turn into a HOF QB

As I said in my reply to YOU, do you read, this was to you. 

Doesn't mean that Zach will turn into a HOF QB like Elway but is a solid example how starting off struggling means you will always struggle.

Whats tiring is people thinking they’re breaking new by repeating what I already wrote.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And that wasn’t close to the point.  One more time, the point is you need more than a few practices to decide what he is.  No shlt sucking as bad as Elway doesn’t mean you will turn into a HOF QB

As I said in my reply to YOU, do you read, this was to you. 

Doesn't mean that Zach will turn into a HOF QB like Elway but is a solid example how starting off struggling means you will always struggle.

Whats tiring is people thinking they’re breaking new by repeating what I already wrote.

I never made a judgement on him after a few practices? Why are you making that your point? I thought we were were talking about regular season play?

I was simply giving you an answer to your hypothetical  in which case, yes, I would still replace him if we had a top 3 pick and there was a QB there I felt could be an upgrade. Guess we are just going to have to *gasp* disagree. 

8 hours ago, Biggs said:

The entire AZ coaching staff was fired after 1 year.  The new QB was drafted with his hand picked college coach.  

AZ didn’t just draft a QB twice they replaced a first year HC and staff.  

if Zach fails and we follow the AZ model we might be looking at a new coaching staff.  

It’s my opinion that if AZ doesn’t make the playoffs this year They probably have a new HC next year.  

oh my god wow GIF by X Factor Global

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't agree with this but Cowherd's observation is that in today's NFL the QB's that are successful weren't highly lauded in high school, come from small colleges, come from nothing, weren't drafted at the top of the first round, are afraid to fail, have a chip on their shoulder, and outwork everyone else.  Therefore Wilson isn't going to succeed because he's been coddled as a nurtured QB prodigy his whole life, was drafted at #2, has never known struggle, has never known hardship, and could quit tomorrow and get a comfy vice presidency at a major airline.

SAR I

The rich kid stuff is nuts. The implication is that a kid raised in wealth has no struggles. But then you have people saying money can't buy happiness. There are plenty of rich kids with chips on the shoulder because of a lack of things money can't buy. I know nothing about Wilson's background but for people to assume he won't have any drive because he grew up rich, what about all the guys who grew up poor and went off the rails as soon as they signed that first paycheck? 

For all anyone knows, Wilson could have heard stuff about having no balls because of his rich upbringing all his life, and that might be a motivation for him. He may feel like he's in the shadow of his family's wealth and is driven to go out and become something bigger than that. 

Plenty of rich kids succeed in life, in tough circumstances, and plenty of poor kids fail when it matters most, despite everyone around them thinking they should have every reason to prove something.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Cowerd is an idiot. An unabashed moron who impulsively says things and never admits when he is wrong.  Manziel's and Wilson's personalities are nothing alike.  He bases this on correlations between both coming from wealthy families, both are white.   Other than that, he has nothing.  He's just trying to get clicks and viewers.  

Suckers.

Other than both wearing the same number and looking similar in full uniform there's really no comparison between the two. Manziel was a serious drug abuser and was showing up drunk to practice.

I never made a judgement on him after a few practices? Why are you making that your point? I thought we were were talking about regular season play?

I was simply giving you an answer to your hypothetical  in which case, yes, I would still replace him if we had a top 3 pick and there was a QB there I felt could be an upgrade. Guess we are just going to have to *gasp* disagree. 

Comparison was made to someone who called him a bust after a few practices.   

Can you follow along instead of arguing with every post.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Comparison was made to someone who called him a bust after a few practices.   

Can you follow along instead of arguing with every post.

Really? This is going to be your stance? Your going to change the comparison?

I chimed in on someone else’s scenario in which he has a very poor rookie season and the opportunity to draft another QB arises. I never once even commented on his practices or called him a bust. 

• WTF? 1

Really? This is going to be your stance? Your going to change the comparison?

I chimed in on someone else’s scenario in which he has a very poor rookie season and the opportunity to draft another QB arises. I never once even commented on his practices or called him a bust. 

I’d save it, it isn’t happening after a rookie season.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Damn kid plays 3/4 as good as he answers questions we gonna have one here. 

I mentioned a couple of months ago how something about Zach Wilson during interviews reminds me so much of Tom Brady. His mannerisms. I have a feeling his dad had him watching a lot of pregame and postgame interviews of Brady over the years. 

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I mentioned a couple of months ago how something about Zach Wilson during interviews reminds me so much of Tom Brady. His mannerisms. I have a feeling his dad had him watching a lot of pregame and postgame interviews of Brady over the years. 

Gross 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Cowherd is nothing but a shock jock..  I can't listen to him.   He just tries to throw enough nasty mud at the wall and hope some sticks.  He bashes  ( In this case, your QB )  a teams QB , and he knows 31 other NFL teams hope your QB isn't good.  

He could care less if Wilson is good or bad.  He just wants listeners.  And we as fans, like conformation our team/ players are good. 

Go Panthers

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Cowherd is nothing but a shock jock..  I can't listen to him.   He just tries to throw enough nasty mud at the wall and hope some sticks.  He bashes  ( In this case, your QB )  a teams QB , and he knows 31 other NFL teams hope your QB isn't good.  
He could care less if Wilson is good or bad.  He just wants listeners.  And we as fans, like conformation our team/ players are good. 
Go Panthers
He does so while squashing his pee sized head into an oversized cabernet glass that has been turn upside down in order to capture his own farts and inhale deeply.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

Go Panthers

This!

Now he is starting the process of walking it back. 

Apparently he finally watched Wilson play and is throwing Aaron Rodgers name around more instead of Johnny Manziel. 

And he is still trying to stay close with his original garbage to not look like a flip flop but the film loop on the screen is opposite of what he's saying lol.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Now he is starting the process of walking it back. 

Apparently he finally watched Wilson play and is throwing Aaron Rodgers name around more instead of Johnny Manziel. 

And he is still trying to stay close with his original garbage to not look like a flip flop but the film loop on the screen is opposite of what he's saying lol.  

It's rather comical how quickly he's changed his tune.  

• Upvote 1