Jump to content

Cowherd rips Wilson pick…again


kevinc855
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Easy.  You evaluate Wilson over the course of a year and if the conclusion is that he isn't good.  You take another shot.  They weren't both Top 3 picks, but Arizona did it.  No reason we can't if we end up that position.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that.  But, you are always looking for a QB until you absolutely know you have one.

Yep, Hackenburgh taught us that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Well admittedly Wilson did himself no favors to the Wilson doubters at the Green and White.

But I keep reading all the camp tweets and it’s starting to concern me. I mean please god, don’t do this to us again

 

Cowherd is a qb guru. With some of the best qb analysis I've heard or seen on a sports show. 

"Jets fans are clueless, They're dopes they don't anything. Adam Gase is a really good hire, He's Sean Mcvay before Sean Mcvay" 

 

"Sam Darnold is the next Andrew Luck, He's a thick, Trunky kid with a Midwest ethos" This is brilliant stuff. Next level evaluation, JaMarcus Russell was a "Thick" qb as well and we know he's a first ballot hall of famer. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I disagree with this because smart people acknowledge when they were wrong. Cowherd never acknowledges that he was wrong, and like all sports opinion guys, he gets it wrong a fair share of the time. 

Ummm… he has a segment that does just that…

“Where Colin was right”

“Where Colin was wrong.”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Cowherd is a qb guru. With some of the best qb analysis I've heard or seen on a sports show. 

"Jets fans are clueless, They're dopes they don't anything. Adam Gase is a really good hire, He's Sean Mcvay before Sean Mcvay" 

 

"Sam Darnold is the next Andrew Luck, He's a thick, Trunky kid with a Midwest ethos" This is brilliant stuff. Next level evaluation, JaMarcus Russell was a "Thick" qb as well and we know he's a first ballot hall of famer. 

5 minutes of this media hack crushing on Sammy. 

At least us Jets fans are forced to believe in our QBs out of desperation and longtime suffering and wanting to just dream big. 

But what's Cowherds excuse? Isn't he a professional sports talking head who's paid to be accurate?.

When I read the thread title at first I thought it was Bill Cowher talking bad about Zach Wilson as a QB. Made me sad. Then I realized it was a media hack. And I then felt better. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Cowherd has regressed into the same useless dickbag as the rest of sports media commentators.

Literally everyone involved with ESPN and FS1 are unbearable.

Either they  have  little dicks or just looking to do nothing other than stir the pot, fancy themselves a standup comedian, or a combination of the two. They are neutered and emancipated geezers with low testosterone. 

They all suck

Edited

 

81chMvPtvrL.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bronx said:

I'll boycott Chris Simms if this guy is right! 

Image

 

Kellen Mond will make a solid pro.  I'm not projecting All-Pro or even a starter on a playoff team but I like the work he did at TAMU and that Chris Simms put him in the conversation.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Tyreek Hill on Mahomes after camp/being drafted by the Chiefs

“I thought he was trash, I ain’t gonna cap. I ain’t even going to cap. I was like, ‘This is who y’all drafted? This is who you all drafted right here?’ Hey, but look, he proved me into a whole, complete, I don’t know. It’s just that second year like his quarterback mechanics were different. It was like he was spending more time with his quarterback coach, spending more time with Coach Reid, like learning the offense. It was just like, dude was like different.”

BREATHE.

Soooo Tyreke Hill is an idiot.  What does that have to do with Wilson?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This media hack had the nerve to tell a soon to be rookie Baker Mayfield to his face that he doesn't believe Baker was going to play much during his rookie season (and Pre-Draft called him un-draftable).

Come to find out? Rookie season?

13 starts, 3,725 passing yards, 27 TD's/14 INTs, completion percentage of 63.8% and an awesome QB Rating of 93.7.

 

Baker Mayfield is a good kid. For being so young? I would've flipped out on Cowherd multiple times. Guy is a scumbag. Kept telling the kid he's "not going to be Russell Wilson". 

That was an awesome video because Baker Mayfield was mentally strong and didn't let no grown man break the kid. He's better than me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Soooo Tyreke Hill is an idiot.  What does that have to do with Wilson?

Mahomes sucked in his first training camp, this quote provides context for that. Wilson and Mahomes have a lot of similarities and are often compared. Jets fans worrying too much about Wilson should take this into consideration and step off the ledge. Did this really require an explanation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Mahomes sucked in his first training camp, this quote provides context for that. Wilson and Mahomes have a lot of similarities and are often compared. Jets fans worrying too much about Wilson should take this into consideration and step off the ledge. Did this really require an explanation?

Mahomes sucked his first training camp. What did the Chiefs do. Sat him the first year and played Alex Smith. Smart move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, genot said:

Mahomes sucked his first training camp. What did the Chiefs do. Sat him the first year and played Alex Smith. Smart move.

Do we have Alex smith and an already established offense with chemistry ready to go? No. Does that mean Wilson is doomed to fail? Also no. There will be growing pains but I promise if there are any Jet fans on the ledge, it’s okay to step off for now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Well admittedly Wilson did himself no favors to the Wilson doubters at the Green and White.

But I keep reading all the camp tweets and it’s starting to concern me. I mean please god, don’t do this to us again

 

100% correct it should have been Darnold or Fields.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Hard for fans coming off 6 straight losing seasons, in which the last was a complete tank fest for a QB to not be a little concerned. 

I think everyone familiar with this forum knew there was some Wilson concerns. The only thing I think makes a little sense in this clip is it did always seem like it was ALWAYS Zach and that kind of made me scratch my head. I also pointed out like in the clip he didnt play anyone in a covid season.

However, now that he is here im rooting like hell for him. But dont get mad at Jet fans for being a little concerned. Very interested in this Giants game performance. 

THIS^^^^^^ Exponentially.  I want nothing more than for Zach to be at least as good as an above average QB.   THats it.  But after 50 years…. Well, you get it.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Do we have Alex smith and an already established offense with chemistry ready to go? No. Does that mean Wilson is doomed to fail? Also no. There will be growing pains but I promise if there are any Jet fans on the ledge, it’s okay to step off for now. 

We need a.backup QB we can win games with. None of the backups here have proven they can win when called on. No, it doesn't mean Wilson is doomed to fail. If the Jet's are force feeding Wilson because they don't have anyone to go too. It could be a fatal error. And it wouldn't be Wilson''s fault. It would be on the Jet's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Bull sh*t.

A highly intelligent response. You have to be a moron not to commend the Chiefs for sitting a QB they viewed as thier future, so he can learn from the sidelines and understand the difference in the NFL game. There's nothing to argue about. It worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy crap with this hysteria.

Guys, its camp. I repeat. It's camp.

It's zach first camp playing the hardest position in sports. Can we please allow him to make mistakes?

I get everyone is fed up and impatient. I get the Jets don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. I certainly won't try to convince you all is well and zach will be great, he may just stink. But even if that's the case, you have to afford the kid the opportunity to prove he stinks. That won't happen tomorrow in camp, or pre-season game 1, or by week 10 of the regular season. It'll probably be midway through the second season where you'll have something of a decent picture. 

Again, I get everyone is impatient and needs to know now. But sorry, you have to wait. And no matter how grand your proclamation is on this forum, nobody will know for certain if he's good or stinks for a year and a half. So suck it up and wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Tyreek Hill on Mahomes after camp/being drafted by the Chiefs

“I thought he was trash, I ain’t gonna cap. I ain’t even going to cap. I was like, ‘This is who y’all drafted? This is who you all drafted right here?’ Hey, but look, he proved me into a whole, complete, I don’t know. It’s just that second year like his quarterback mechanics were different. It was like he was spending more time with his quarterback coach, spending more time with Coach Reid, like learning the offense. It was just like, dude was like different.”

BREATHE.

That Tyreek Hill is pretty sharp like ya know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

At the end of the day it's extremely difficult for an organization to overcome poor ownership.

The problem looks like it’s the GM.

Everyone on this board did backflips when Joe Douglas was hired. If he sucks it’s on him, not ownership.

SAR I

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The fact that we are even having this conversation makes me sick. 

This.

The only reason the average Jets fan got behind Zach Wilson after blowing the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes is because how convinced Joe Douglas was that this kid was something special.   

Well, something special wouldn’t be having these types of crappy practices and miss very simple throws. Accuracy was not something that was supposed to be a struggle.  The other stuff? I can understand a learning curve. But overthrowing receivers? Underthrowing receivers? Throwing interceptions and no touchdowns?  That’s not acceptable even after only 11 practices.

While we are thick-skinned fans and can withstand the media onslaught that will happen on Sunday if Zach craps the bed on Saturday, he himself may not. And then we wind up in the same death spiral we’ve seen countless times before.  Ghosts and boilerplate excuses and mom on IG, the kid will face immense public scrutiny.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

The only reason the average Jets fan got behind Zach Wilson after blowing the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes is because how convinced Joe Douglas was that this kid was something special.   

Well, something special wouldn’t be having these types of crappy practices and miss very simple throws. Accuracy was not something that was supposed to be a struggle.  The other stuff? I can understand a learning curve. But overthrowing receivers? Underthrowing receivers? Throwing interceptions and no touchdowns?  That’s not acceptable even after only 11 practices.

While we are thick-skinned fans and can withstand the media onslaught that will happen on Sunday if Zach craps the bed on Saturday, he himself may not. And then we wind up in the same death spiral we’ve seen countless times before.  Ghosts and boilerplate excuses and mom on IG, the kid will face immense public scrutiny.

SAR I

 

72FC678E-C3F1-45CF-9C6E-37F856A1C867.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

The only reason the average Jets fan got behind Zach Wilson after blowing the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes is because how convinced Joe Douglas was that this kid was something special.   

Well, something special wouldn’t be having these types of crappy practices and miss very simple throws. Accuracy was not something that was supposed to be a struggle.  The other stuff? I can understand a learning curve. But overthrowing receivers? Underthrowing receivers? Throwing interceptions and no touchdowns?  That’s not acceptable even after only 11 practices.

While we are thick-skinned fans and can withstand the media onslaught that will happen on Sunday if Zach craps the bed on Saturday, he himself may not. And then we wind up in the same death spiral we’ve seen countless times before.  Ghosts and boilerplate excuses and mom on IG, the kid will face immense public scrutiny.

SAR I

so that's it? throw in the towel? 

Please read my post below again and chill

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Holy crap with this hysteria.

Guys, its camp. I repeat. It's camp.

It's zach first camp playing the hardest position in sports. Can we please allow him to make mistakes?

I get everyone is fed up and impatient. I get the Jets don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. I certainly won't try to convince you all is well and zach will be great, he may just stink. But even if that's the case, you have to afford the kid the opportunity to prove he stinks. That won't happen tomorrow in camp, or pre-season game 1, or by week 10 of the regular season. It'll probably be midway through the second season where you'll have something of a decent picture. 

Again, I get everyone is impatient and needs to know now. But sorry, you have to wait. And no matter how grand your proclamation is on this forum, nobody will know for certain if he's good or stinks for a year and a half. So suck it up and wait.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

so that's it? throw in the towel? 

I am not throwing in any towel. But I am more concerned than I thought I would be here heading into week one of the preseason.

Just once I would like the Jets to find the natural, a great quarterback right from the start, effortlessly transitioning into the NFL.

You know everything we are seeing right now from Elijah Moore?  Exactly that. All the sports writers and all the coaches just drooling over the guy because they can see it, they can see “special“ every day every play.   And we’re not getting that from Wilson.  Worse, the opposite.  

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...