Cowherd rips Wilson pick…again

This was from Reddit 4 years ago...who knows how much stupid crap he's said since then lol.  I haven't fact checked any of these, but if you hit the link below the author provides supporting links for each statement on the list

He shouldn't have a job. He says stupid, inflammatory, and offensive sh*t. And, yeah, I realize that's precisely why he has a job, but I don't have to like it.

Here's a list of positions that Cowherd has held on his show...

Tony Romo isn't a leader because he wears his baseball cap backwards

John Wall can't be a leader because he didn't grow up with a father (his father, by the way, died of cancer)

When someone broke into Sean Taylor's house and shot him, Taylor was merely reaping what he had previously sown

Kevin Durant will fail in the NBA because he was the only player at the combine who couldn't bench 185

Baseball isn't mentally challenging if Dominicans can be successful at it

New Orleans shouldn't host any big athletic events because it's the most unsafe city in the United States, and is difficult to travel to

Hockey writers are unskilled nobodies who can't get a real job in sports

Black players claim they get harsher sentences from the NFL than white players, because most of them grew up fatherless and they aren't used to being disciplined

When Kevin Ward was struck and killed by Tony Stewart during a sprint car race, it was because Southern culture demands an eye for an eye

No one goes to Pacers games anymore because white people don't want to root for black thugs like Ron Artest and are afraid that violence will spill over into the stands because of that one time in Detroit when it did

If you willingly live in Indiana or Ohio, you are asking to be unemployed and you deserve what you get

Rajon Rondo is a Hall Of Fame point guard

America is a bunch of pussies for suggesting that maybe the rules of sportsmanship were broken by a high school girls basketball team who beat another team 161-2 *

Oregon is great, primarily because the population is "mostly white people."

He would rather have two or three severe concussions than a severe knee injury, because concern over head trauma is overblown, and even though guys like Dave Duerson killed themselves due primarily to depression caused by CTE, there are people in all walks of life who commit suicide, too, so it's really not an issue.

Women are bad as business because they hold grudges and don't know how to compartmentalize.

Having to watch E-sports competition is like having someone put a gun in your mouth.**

• Post of the Week 4

17 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Easy.  You evaluate Wilson over the course of a year and if the conclusion is that he isn't good.  You take another shot.  They weren't both Top 3 picks, but Arizona did it.  No reason we can't if we end up that position.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that.  But, you are always looking for a QB until you absolutely know you have one.

The entire AZ coaching staff was fired after 1 year.  The new QB was drafted with his hand picked college coach.  

AZ didn’t just draft a QB twice they replaced a first year HC and staff.  

if Zach fails and we follow the AZ model we might be looking at a new coaching staff.  

It’s my opinion that if AZ doesn’t make the playoffs this year They probably have a new HC next year.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GangGreened said:

It depends on what my eyes tell me but with those numbers If there was another QB prospect I really liked sitting there for me and I know I could get at least something back for Wilson in a trade, yes I would.

Those were Elways numbers.  Doesnt mean that Zach will turn into a HOF QB like Elway but is a solid example how starting off struggling means you will always struggle.

5 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

This was from Reddit 4 years ago...who knows how much stupid crap he's said since then lol.  I haven't fact checked any of these, but if you hit the link below the author provides supporting links for each statement on the list

He shouldn't have a job. He says stupid, inflammatory, and offensive sh*t. And, yeah, I realize that's precisely why he has a job, but I don't have to like it.

Here's a list of positions that Cowherd has held on his show...

Tony Romo isn't a leader because he wears his baseball cap backwards

John Wall can't be a leader because he didn't grow up with a father (his father, by the way, died of cancer)

When someone broke into Sean Taylor's house and shot him, Taylor was merely reaping what he had previously sown

Kevin Durant will fail in the NBA because he was the only player at the combine who couldn't bench 185

Baseball isn't mentally challenging if Dominicans can be successful at it

New Orleans shouldn't host any big athletic events because it's the most unsafe city in the United States, and is difficult to travel to

Hockey writers are unskilled nobodies who can't get a real job in sports

Black players claim they get harsher sentences from the NFL than white players, because most of them grew up fatherless and they aren't used to being disciplined

When Kevin Ward was struck and killed by Tony Stewart during a sprint car race, it was because Southern culture demands an eye for an eye

No one goes to Pacers games anymore because white people don't want to root for black thugs like Ron Artest and are afraid that violence will spill over into the stands because of that one time in Detroit when it did

If you willingly live in Indiana or Ohio, you are asking to be unemployed and you deserve what you get

Rajon Rondo is a Hall Of Fame point guard

America is a bunch of pussies for suggesting that maybe the rules of sportsmanship were broken by a high school girls basketball team who beat another team 161-2 *

Oregon is great, primarily because the population is "mostly white people."

He would rather have two or three severe concussions than a severe knee injury, because concern over head trauma is overblown, and even though guys like Dave Duerson killed themselves due primarily to depression caused by CTE, there are people in all walks of life who commit suicide, too, so it's really not an issue.

Women are bad as business because they hold grudges and don't know how to compartmentalize.

Having to watch E-sports competition is like having someone put a gun in your mouth.**

Wow he is much worse then originally thought

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Those were Elways numbers.  Doesnt mean that Zach will turn into a HOF QB like Elway but is a solid example how starting off struggling means you will always struggle.

The hysteria is unreal. Guys like Josh Allen are lucky they didn't end up here. First incomplete pass in practice and he be written off. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, TeddEY said:

As you say, the D, offensive line, run game, and likely coaching is improved.  Add the WRs too.  If we're 2-14, it's hard to think of ways in which it's not because of the QB.  There are a lot of pieces in place now.

On the D side our secondary will be the biggest question mark this season. We could end up 2-14 where we score 25+ every week but ship out 30+ ... not saying it's all that likely, but it could happen. In that case you don't look at the QB as the issue.

• Upvote 2

Thing with all these media takes is, you have to be on an extreme to get views.

It's either "wow, could this guy be a future HOFer?" or "wow, did this team make a big mistake?". When did you last see a video "wow, did this team pick a decent prospect who might turn out to be a pretty good QB in a couple of years, but also might not?".

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, jamesr said:

On the D side our secondary will be the biggest question mark this season. We could end up 2-14 where we score 25+ every week but ship out 30+ ... not saying it's all that likely, but it could happen. In that case you don't look at the QB as the issue.

I’ll take it. That would be huge progress. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Biggs said:

if Zach fails and we follow the AZ model we might be looking at a new coaching staff.  

Zach and the (current) new coaching staff have yet to play a preseason game. HAVE YET TO PLAY A PRESEASON GAME.

Is it too much to ask to not speculate about Saleh getting fired?

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

I’ll take it. That would be huge progress. 

Agreed - easier to fix a secondary than to find a QB. Especially with our HC coming from that side of the ball, they should be able to improve there significantly in one offseason if needed. 

But if your offense is stuck in reverse that's a lot harder to turn around in a short timespan.

16 hours ago, Dcat said:

this place is Chicken Little country since practices started.  It's only going to get worse.  Most threads are unreadable now.  Either because of the incredible whining of the chicken littles and, on the other side, DWC posts.  Serioulsy. 

This is legitimately the least fun I’ve had on a Jets forum since 2005.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Zach and the (current) new coaching staff have yet to play a preseason game. HAVE YET TO PLAY A PRESEASON GAME.

It’s not Saleh’s fault that Zach is a bust. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Imagine how this manic place would be if Zach destroyed our defense.

I would go on an NFL rampage.

I would begin to lose my mind if some inexperienced Rookie QB (with not even preseason experience) began to punk my username. 

image.png.94a56aea6f8363508f8d1cb089fbe981.png

I'd probably quit on the season before it even started. 

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

Rick kid... ?  What does that mean anyway? If your family has money you what? Don't have motivation to work hard? Wilson worked plenty hard at BYU.  People are individuals and you should judge them individually.

Small ... ? He is 6'2".

Cocky... ? I've not seen that from Wilson. Perhaps I am not paying close enough attention. But, so what if he is. Great athletes are often cocky. 

And the Manzel comparison is stupid. Did Johnny Manzel fail because his family had money? No. He failed because he no longer was throwing to Mike Evans being covered by college CBs. He failed because he NEVER worked hard at his craft. He didn't in college and he didn't in the NFL. 

Not too worry though Cowherd's first Manzel Comp was Mayfield, and he's doing just fine. I could never figure out Cowherd's gripe with Mayfield. Baker earned everything he got. He won Division I starting QB jobs at two colleges as a walk on. Maybe the height thing is where he compares to Manzel, but in no other way is he like Manzel. Mayfield should be a working man's hero, but for some reason Cowherd was obsessed with painting him as some entitled a-hole.

Cowherd's weak ass inclination to stereotype athletes just shows that he is not a thought provoking analyst. He is merely a shock jock who talks sports.

19 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Hard for fans coming off 6 straight losing seasons, in which the last was a complete tank fest for a QB to not be a little concerned. 

I think everyone familiar with this forum knew there was some Wilson concerns. The only thing I think makes a little sense in this clip is it did always seem like it was ALWAYS Zach and that kind of made me scratch my head. I also pointed out like in the clip he didnt play anyone in a covid season.

However, now that he is here im rooting like hell for him. But dont get mad at Jet fans for being a little concerned. Very interested in this Giants game performance. 

Very interested to see if he gets any protection. 

1 hour ago, sackdance said:

I think Zach is going to be great.  If he sucks I think Joe D and Saleh are short timers.  They’re all in.  I’m all in.  No different than Sam, Chad, Ken…

50 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Rick kid... ?  What does that mean anyway? If your family has money you what? Don't have motivation to work hard? Wilson worked plenty hard at BYU.  People are individuals and you should judge them individually.

Small ... ? He is 6'2".

Cocky... ? I've not seen that from Wilson. Perhaps I am not paying close enough attention. But, so what if he is. Great athletes are often cocky. 

And the Manzel comparison is stupid. Did Johnny Manzel fail because his family had money? No. He failed because he no longer was throwing to Mike Evans being covered by college CBs. He failed because he NEVER worked hard at his craft. He didn't in college and he didn't in the NFL. 

Not too worry though Cowherd's first Manzel Comp was Mayfield, and he's doing just fine. I could never figure out Cowherd's gripe with Mayfield. Baker earned everything he got. He won Division I starting QB jobs at two colleges as a walk on. Maybe the height thing is where he compares to Manzel, but in no other way is he like Manzel. Mayfield should be a working man's hero, but for some reason Cowherd was obsessed with painting him as some entitled a-hole.

Cowherd's weak ass inclination to stereotype athletes just shows that he is not a thought provoking analyst. He is merely a shock jock who talks sports.

Cowerd is an idiot. An unabashed moron who impulsively says things and never admits when he is wrong.  Manziel's and Wilson's personalities are nothing alike.  He bases this on correlations between both coming from wealthy families, both are white.   Other than that, he has nothing.  He's just trying to get clicks and viewers.  

Suckers.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Rick kid... ?  What does that mean anyway? If your family has money you what? Don't have motivation to work hard?

I don't agree with this but Cowherd's observation is that in today's NFL the QB's that are successful weren't highly lauded in high school, come from small colleges, come from nothing, weren't drafted at the top of the first round, are afraid to fail, have a chip on their shoulder, and outwork everyone else.  Therefore Wilson isn't going to succeed because he's been coddled as a nurtured QB prodigy his whole life, was drafted at #2, has never known struggle, has never known hardship, and could quit tomorrow and get a comfy vice presidency at a major airline.

SAR I

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Sure, in the instance where our offense greatly improves and our defense with the addition of Mosely and Lawson gets much worse, we wouldn't draft a new QB.

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Cowerd is an idiot. An unabashed moron who impulsively says things and never admits when he is wrong.  Manziel's and Wilson's personalities are nothing alike.  He bases this on correlations between both coming from wealthy families, both are white.   Other than that, he has nothing.  He's just trying to get clicks and viewers.  

Suckers.

The sad reality is if you come from a successful family you are much more likely to be successful than if you come from an unsuccessful family.  Work ethic is learned by example.

Cowerd has this ass backwards.  

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes yes we know. And for all the Elways, Mannings, etc there’s tons more QBs that don’t get better. This is a tired old argument.

52 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Ignore the media when it comes to Wilson . Unless he’s great they are going to try and bring him down quick . ESPN is already doing hit pieces on the kid , and it has nothing to do with football. 

Everyone including Zach can go from King Kong to Zippy the Chimp in a matter of minutes.  He can also become King Kong again.  

The media couldn't destroy Roy Hobbs.