I'll say it now: Jets will be top 5 defense in the league in 2021 in yards per run, and top 15 defense overall.

Alka

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Yup. I could def. see this. And although our weakness is at the OLB and CB positions, the key to whether or not the secondary can hold their own is how well the safeties play. 

Nas came back after looking like a sure fire first round prospect in 2019 and just did not look the same in 2020. I think that scared a lot of GMs off considering his ACL injury. Hes been looking like the fire and explosiveness is back so I'm excited to see him in the NFL. I think we really got a steal and he will be key to defensive success.  

He only came back for our final 2 games and during the last game he was absolute ? ? ? with like 9 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 pass defended and an INT + a 25 yard INT return. 

The 1st game back he was shaking off rust but his 2nd and final game was absolutely FIRE. 

I told myself he's BACK!

• 3 months later...
Just now, jgb said:

Here's the difference between Alka and DWC. So Alka made a bad call, we've all been there, but few make them as loudly as DWC.

Alka probably had a few beers and just got laid.  He was feeling pumped about the Lawson camp reports and it got to his head.

This is a necro-fail. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Alka probably had a few beers and just got laid.  He was feeling pumped about the Lawson camp reports and it got to his head.

This is a necro-fail. 

Exactly correct!!!!  Thanks for rescuing me on this!

To be serious though, who in their right mind could have predicted that this Jets defense would be as awful as they have been this year?  

Is it bad coaching, bad execution, bad players, bad uncaring attitude of the players?

It must be all of the above.  More importantly, how the hell are the Jets going to fix this pathetic defense going forward?

Whoever's got the answer to that question is the genius, certainly not I.

• Upvote 1