Training Camp 8/11

Lith

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why would our coaching staff force him to play out of position? 

He's played 96 consecutive starts @ RT and is an NFL top 3 RT and already the best one we've had since Damien Woody. 

He'll never in a million years play RG. Because he's a beast RT..

Maybe George Fant can get a tryout @ RG - but it won't be Morgan Moses. 

What do you think these meaningless videos do for your arguments? 

And players highlight video makes them look like HOFs

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

did you guys knwo that our GM, the great and awesome Joe Douglas was the Turk from Hard Knocks Season 1? Holy crap I cant believe that was him. 

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1138528599613595648?s=20

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good thing here for young people to watch -- &quot;The Turk&quot; from the 2001 Ravens, shown during Hard Knocks, was just introduced as GM of the New York Jets.<br><br>Having to take all the steps up the ladder isn&#39;t a bad thing. <a href="https://t.co/FAFHeriWKP">pic.twitter.com/FAFHeriWKP</a></p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1138528599613595648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I am sorry you feel that way. 

Just based on your posts, At some point you have to accept that you’re no longer a Jets fan. The constant losing and sh*t show we’ve been can do that to a fan. So not judging you in a negative way.

I stopped watching the Mets and Knicks for the same reason. I just stopped being a fan of those teams and moved on. Now I just watch local basketball and baseball teams including high school. I’m much happier. I obviously am not a diehard fan of the teams I follow now but it is what it is.

The Jets are really the only team I’m a fan of at this point. Only explanation is the optimism of the draft year and the fact nfl teams can turnover the roster quickly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

did you guys knwo that our GM, the great and awesome Joe Douglas was the Turk from Hard Knocks Season 1? Holy crap I cant believe that was him. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good thing here for young people to watch -- &quot;The Turk&quot; from the 2001 Ravens, shown during Hard Knocks, was just introduced as GM of the New York Jets.<br><br>Having to take all the steps up the ladder isn&#39;t a bad thing. <a href="https://t.co/FAFHeriWKP">pic.twitter.com/FAFHeriWKP</a></p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1138528599613595648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

omg why cant this just work with copy and paste?

2 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

You an expat down there? Always thought about doing that when I retire.

Yes. I moved down January ‘20. I absolutely love it. My advice to anyone thinking about moving down is that if you think you’ll like it, you probably will. My cost of living is a third of what it was in NY, for year round summer weather, delicious, plentiful fresh food and, really, lovely people. I could not be happier. Feel free to pm me if you wanna talk about it. Not a single regret. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

im not sure why this is surprising.  Fant is going to be our RT this year.  Moses was signed for depth as you can tell by his salary.  Fant is much more athletic then moses and is a much better fit in this system then moses.  Fant would have to outright tank in camp for Moses to get that job.

Listen, you might be right, but then it would not make sense if Moses was offered a multi-year deal from JD, but only agreed to a 1 year (prove it) deal.  If Moses knew he was going to be a backup, he would not have agreed to that.  He needs to prove himself to achieve a better deal after this year.  The only way he can do that is if he has the ability to start football games.  We will see, but the way you are talking is like you know something that the rest of us don't.  And why would Fant have to tank for Moses to get that job?  That statement indicates that Moses is on the tail end of his career.  

If you turn out to be right, then I will be the first one to give you credit.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What do you think these meaningless videos do for your arguments? 

And players highlight video makes them look like HOFs

Well to be fair.

I posted more than just "highlights" within some of my other Morgan Moses posts.

I posted a video consisting of each and every drop back of Morgan vs T.J. Watt in pass protection.

And those weren't "highlights" it's called film. Real NFL film. Not make believe but real NFL (recorded by a camera man) film.

And Morgan kicked his ass. 

Those aren't "meaningless highlights".

That is actual football footage of Morgan Moses going up against one of the very best pass rushing edge players in the NFL (T.J. Watt) and winning more times than not too. 

Since you went out of your way in order to quote me I'd like to question you too. Is that ok? 

1.) • What did George Fant do for our O-Line last year, other than ranking 64th/64th and dead last amongst all OT's while starting @ RT?

2.) • Why did our entire fan base hate running right but instead only wanted to see us run left behind Highway 77? 

3.) •do you have any quotes of yourself or us Jets fans begging to run right behind "Fant"?

Nope. You don't. Do you? 

?

4.) • If highlights make players look like "HOF players" can you please share with me videos (highlight videos) of Vernon Gholston making plays as a Jets pass rushing monster and/or George Fant "doing his thing @ RT" for our Jets last year, as he ranked 64th/64th amongst all OT's?

(but no, not just one play either. I'm asking for multiple minutes of "HOF highlights"). 

• No. You can't, now can you? 

Robert Saleh: “Morgan is a fantastic player. He’s played at a very high level,” Saleh said, according to SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano. “We’re not going to shy away from adding good football players.”

Those were the own words of our own head coach (weeks before signing Morgan Moses).

So I guess it looks like both Joe Douglas and ROBERT SALEH wanted to add a good RT?

And that they did.

They landed a fantastic RT @ that (Morgan Moses). 

(Coach Robert Saleh's words, not mine).

Please wake me up when you can provide me with highlight videos of you making George Fant look like a HOF RT for us last year...

(because I'll be waiting. For you to prove to me just how "meaningless" my Morgan Moses videos were).

There's another one. 

Shaq Barrett has 27.5 sacks over the previous two years but yet had 0 sacks vs. Morgan Moses during the playoffs last year vs. Washington and only 2 tackles.

(our RT completely shut him down and completely eliminated Shaq Barrett during the playoffs). 

Your turn @Jet Nut

Show me a couple of your George Fant 2020 highlight videos while up against the likes of a T.J. Watt or a Shaq Barrett (type of) pass rusher @ RT while also kicking their ass at the same time and looking like a "HOF" RT. 

You can't, now can you

T.J. Watt has recorded 42.5 sacks over the previous 3 years but yet Morgan Moses kicked his ass just like he did Shaq Barrett's during the playoffs (and plenty of others too). 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Just based on your posts, At some point you have to accept that you’re no longer a Jets fan. The constant losing and sh*t show we’ve been can do that to a fan. So not judging you in a negative way.

I stopped watching the Mets and Knicks for the same reason. I just stopped being a fan of those teams and moved on. Now I just watch local basketball and baseball teams including high school. I’m much happier. I obviously am not a diehard fan of the teams I follow now but it is what it is.

The Jets are really the only team I’m a fan of at this point. Only explanation is the optimism of the draft year and the fact nfl teams can turnover the roster quickly.

Fair point. At the same time if my opinions agitate you just throw me on ignore. No hard feelings. I find it hard to believe there are fans here that still stan the Johsons after 20 years of losing. If the Jets ever start winning it will be in total spite of the business side. 

• Upvote 1

This is (literally) the only "highlights" that I could find of George Fant as a Jet last year...

Kind of hard to put up good video footage when you ranked 64/64th and dead last amongst all OTs. 

Training Camp was fun today and can't wait for tomorrow. 

Thnx you JN for all of the tweets and Training Camp information. Much appreciated. Thank you. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, slats said:

I’m on the Riviera Maya, about a half hour south of the Cancun airport. 

We go on vacation in that area.  Barcelo Maya resorts.  Beautiful area and beaches. It's about an hour south of airport. Are you near Playa Del Carmen ?

Whoa ... gave me flashbacks ... My junior year (earlier date unspecified ...) came back to my apartment on a Friday afternoon, where one of  three roommates was celebrating birthday with Jack Daniels. Did shots on an empty stomach. Drank other stuff after that which I don't remember, topping it all off with a few bongs. Proceeded to curl around toilet and hurl for a few long hours. Our bathroom was notable, because it was painted gloss fire engine red by the previous tenant, as looking like the kind of bathroom one would die in from an overdose of something. I thought that was the night. Never drank JD again.
But I must say the Yoo-Hoo and the can of tuna really would make its mark, so to speak.

Never heard of raw tuna in a can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This is (literally) the only "highlights" that I could find of George Fant as a Jet last year...

Kind of hard to put up good video footage when you ranked 64/64th and dead last amongst all OTs. 

Training Camp was fun today and can't wait for tomorrow. 

Thnx you JN for all of the tweets and Training Camp information. Much appreciated. Thank you. 

Not sure how many RTs have highlight videos. 

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:
Not sure how many RTs have highlight videos. 

Morgan Moses does. 

Well these (below) aren't really "highlights" but they're actual film footage of Morgan Moses during every single Passing drop back vs. two of the greatest outside pass rushing phenoms within the game today from the edge in both T.J. Watt and Shaq Barrett (Playoffs). 

And he absolutely dominated both of these Pro Bowl and All-Pro BEAST PASS RUSHERS. 

? ? ?

(Zach Wilson is now blessed both @ LT and @ RT and will now be well protected by both of Mekhi Becton and Morgan Moses and the only pressure he'll face (and see) will be in front of him. From interior; but he'll at least have a clean pocket with elite outside pass rushers becoming completely eliminated as non factors).

Morgan Moses is even more dominant in run blocking, than he is in pass protection (and Michael Carter will run wild because of it). 

2 hours ago, ncjets said:

We go on vacation in that area.  Barcelo Maya resorts.  Beautiful area and beaches. It's about an hour south of airport. Are you near Playa Del Carmen ?

North of there in Puerto Morelos. Highly recommend if/when you’re up for leaving the resorts. Great food, beaches, and inexpensive accommodations. As I said, just a half hour south of the Cancun airport. 

1 hour ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

I'm about 4 hours away in Merida Yucatan. How do you watch the games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple links. If I can make the NFL Game Pass work this year, that’s the way I’d rather do it. We’ll see. 

6 hours ago, Jethead said:

Saw him in his rookie training camp in Ft. Lauderdale. Was able to sit in the stands with the scouts and listen to them talk about "the kid". Talk about all gas!

Have never forgotten.

Nine shutouts in '78.  When a guy goes beyond the 5th inning nowadays they throw a parade.

11 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Mims situation is such a head scratcher. When he was on the field for Jets he was clearly a threat the defense had to account for. I simply don't get why he's not getting more reps with 1s.

Because he doesn't know WTF he's doing.  He lined up incorrectly and they had to stop the rep and put him in position the other day.  LaFluer keeps saying he's got to "get on his stuff and he'll get more reps" meaning the kid doesn't know the playbook.  I'm suspicious about last year now, TBH.  He may have gotten half a season redshirt to learn the offense.  Now, this year there's a new offense and the kid is with the 3's.  Tells me he needs to study better/more effectively.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well to be fair.

I posted more than just "highlights" within some of my other Morgan Moses posts.

I posted a video consisting of each and every drop back of Morgan vs T.J. Watt in pass protection.

And those weren't "highlights" it's called film. Real NFL film. Not make believe but real NFL (recorded by a camera man) film.

And Morgan kicked his ass. 

Those aren't "meaningless highlights".

That is actual football footage of Morgan Moses going up against one of the very best pass rushing edge players in the NFL (T.J. Watt) and winning more times than not too. 

Since you went out of your way in order to quote me I'd like to question you too. Is that ok? 

1.) • What did George Fant do for our O-Line last year, other than ranking 64th/64th and dead last amongst all OT's while starting @ RT?

2.) • Why did our entire fan base hate running right but instead only wanted to see us run left behind Highway 77? 

3.) •do you have any quotes of yourself or us Jets fans begging to run right behind "Fant"?

Nope. You don't. Do you? 

?

4.) • If highlights make players look like "HOF players" can you please share with me videos (highlight videos) of Vernon Gholston making plays as a Jets pass rushing monster and/or George Fant "doing his thing @ RT" for our Jets last year, as he ranked 64th/64th amongst all OT's?

(but no, not just one play either. I'm asking for multiple minutes of "HOF highlights"). 

• No. You can't, now can you? 

Robert Saleh: “Morgan is a fantastic player. He’s played at a very high level,” Saleh said, according to SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano. “We’re not going to shy away from adding good football players.”

Those were the own words of our own head coach (weeks before signing Morgan Moses).

So I guess it looks like both Joe Douglas and ROBERT SALEH wanted to add a good RT?

And that they did.

They landed a fantastic RT @ that (Morgan Moses). 

(Coach Robert Saleh's words, not mine).

Please wake me up when you can provide me with highlight videos of you making George Fant look like a HOF RT for us last year...

(because I'll be waiting. For you to prove to me just how "meaningless" my Morgan Moses videos were).

There's another one. 

Shaq Barrett has 27.5 sacks over the previous two years but yet had 0 sacks vs. Morgan Moses during the playoffs last year vs. Washington and only 2 tackles.

(our RT completely shut him down and completely eliminated Shaq Barrett during the playoffs). 

Your turn @Jet Nut

Show me a couple of your George Fant 2020 highlight videos while up against the likes of a T.J. Watt or a Shaq Barrett (type of) pass rusher @ RT while also kicking their ass at the same time and looking like a "HOF" RT. 

You can't, now can you

T.J. Watt has recorded 42.5 sacks over the previous 3 years but yet Morgan Moses kicked his ass just like he did Shaq Barrett's during the playoffs (and plenty of others too). 

Totally meaningless highlights.  I make a jag look like a HOF player by cherry-picking  highlights.  

Dont F with me asking for Fant highlights after I said theyre meaningless.  You're too predictable.  Right away arguing trying to convince me that Moses is HOF material when I didnt question how good he is, just using highlight video is useless.  Kind of useless like point to single game stats as career defining.  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Totally meaningless highlights.  I make a jag look like a HOF player by cherry-picking  highlights.  

Dont F with me asking for Fant highlights after I said theyre meaningless.  

You're too predictable.  Right away arguing trying to convince me that Moses is HOF material when I didnt question how good he is, just using highlight video is useless.  Kind of useless like point to single game stats as career defining.  

But those weren't highlights. 

Those were actual football footage (film tape). 

Featuring every single drop back while Morgan Moses lined up in pass protection vs. both of T.J. Watt and Shaq Barrett (playoffs). 

And it's fired me up as a longtime suffering Jets fan because he absolutely dominated both of those All-Pro and Pro Bowl (elite) pass rushers. 

What, I'm not allowed to be fired up over of it during training camp? I'm not allowed to show him off to my JetNation friends? 

? ? ?

Those aren't "highlights".

Those (above videos) are real Football footage of Morgan Moses absolutely dominating two of the NFL's very best outside/edge pass rushers.

And if that is considered as "meaningless" well then I guess both T.J Watt and Shaq Barrett must've had meaningless football games too because once up against Morgan Moses they did absolutely nothingness against him. 

I know you remember the Chargers game. Remember when after only 1 drive Joey Bosa quit on Mekhi Becton and switched over to George Fant in order to use and abuse George Fant @ RT?

@GreekJet called it before the game too. He said "hopefully he punks George Fant and destroys Flacco." And that's exactly what happened too. Because it was too predictable. 

Can you name and list me just 5 Pass Rushers who George Fant dominated and had success against last year?

You can't, can you? 

I'm A+ excited over the addition of Morgan Moses who imo is the best RT we've featured since dating back to Damien Woody. 

The right side of our O-Line was atrocious last year with George Fant starting @ RT and that's why you're not able to name 5 pass rushers who George Fant dominated @ RT against and that's why you're not able to show me any highlights of George Fant throughout all of 2020.

And that's because they don't even exist dude

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Vernon gholston was a bust.  Corey Davis might not of lived up to being a hall of fame potential player but hes a very good nfl receiver.

You cant be a good player and be a bust.  

Was Matt Ryan a bust because he wasnt peyton manning?

Matt Ryan has carried the load for his team and done things consistent with success.  Corey Davis has done squat in his career. Your analogy is absurd.  Look, I hope Davis pans out. But if he plays like he did in Tennessee, it will be a JD mistake.  

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

That “hos” remark was totally out of bounce. No need to call him that. ?

See how that works?

Speech to text… get used to it.

When he’s tweeting what he’s seen on every snap, it’s going to happen.

This is 2021, my friend, not 2001.

Ghost account. Using speech-to-text as an excuse for a professional journalist? LOL.  Right.  DJ is obviously a NYDN a-hole who has already done his NYDN routine of pissing on the Jets.  So what goes around comes around.  No sir.  He's a moron and out of bounce was most assuredly NOT talk to text.  If it was, then he is the only beat reporter out there suffering from this issue. Nice try.  But he's either South Florida dumb or South Florida lazy. Whichever it is, DJ has already proven himself to be an ass just like Manish and Cimini before him.  Only this one is just plain dumb to boot.  Just wait. You haven't seen anything yet. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Because he doesn't know WTF he's doing.  He lined up incorrectly and they had to stop the rep and put him in position the other day.  LaFluer keeps saying he's got to "get on his stuff and he'll get more reps" meaning the kid doesn't know the playbook.  I'm suspicious about last year now, TBH.  He may have gotten half a season redshirt to learn the offense.  Now, this year there's a new offense and the kid is with the 3's.  Tells me he needs to study better/more effectively.

He also had food poisoning the first 2 weeks of OTA's.  He was so violently ill that he lost 20 pounds and couldn't even read the play book.   He fell behind in reps, and the playbook,  plus he had to recover physically.   He's since gained back 10 pounds, but seems to be a bit behind in the play book.

I'm gonna give the guy some slack.  He's been making a few plays in camp with the 1s the last few days.  Think he'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He also had food poisoning the first 2 weeks of OTA's.  He was so violently ill that he lost 20 pounds and couldn't even read the play book.   He fell behind in reps, and the playbook,  plus he had to recover physically.   He's since gained back 10 pounds, but seems to be a bit behind in the play book.

I'm gonna give the guy some slack.  He's been making a few plays in camp with the 1s the last few days.  Think he'll be fine.

It's also Denzel Mims first ever NFL offseason and training camp too.

Because he didn't even have an opportunity to have one last year as a Rookie due to Covid 19. 

But that's something we'll never read Cimini admin. How the soon to be 2nd year player never once experienced an NFL training camp as a rookie last year.

It's disgusting. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's also Denzel Mims first ever NFL offseason and training camp too.

Because he didn't even have an opportunity to have one last year as a Rookie due to Covid 19. 

But that's something we'll never read Cimini admin. How the soon to be 2nd year player never once experienced an NFL training camp as a rookie last year.

It's disgusting. 

It's also Cager's second year under the same circumstances and he's also running 2's and 3's.  Cager wasn't a second round draft pick.  OTOH this year's second round draft pick, Elijah Moore, is on the verge of breaking the starting lineup.  And he's had a fraction of the time Mims has had to learn to be an NFL player.  Let's not get Gholston syndrome.  His draft status means nothing until he performs.  And he isn't performing.  Chris Herndon is going to be a breakout star every year, it seems, and the excuses roll in for him every damned season.  And he sh*ts the bed.  I'll believe in Mims when he shows me he can do more than win a jump ball.  Moore, without even a half camp under his belt, is far more polished and productive.  That's the bar Mims needs to reach or he's gone IMO.