Training Camp 8/11

Lith

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Backup swing tackle.  He'll probably be first man in at LT as well. 

I might have thought that AVT could slide over and they could plug Feeney in at LG, but AVT hasn't practiced in a week and has seen no time at LT that we've heard of so I'm gonna assume that's out for now at least.

Id think Fant would move to LT and Moses at RT in that scenario.  Hopefully we wont have to worry about it.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Mims situation is such a head scratcher. When he was on the field for Jets he was clearly a threat the defense had to account for. I simply don't get why he's not getting more reps with 1s.

It is a head scratcher, but I think the addition of Davis (who is a similar player in the Lafleur system) and the emergence of Moore kind of gets in the way of Mims running with the 1s on a consistent basis. 

It's a long way before the season starts and even after the season starts there is time for players to emerge (better reps in practice/injuries). 

22 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Reminds me of a souped up Cotchery. He catches everything.

100% - everybody gets so caught up on side and speed that the ability to just find your way open and come down with the football gets overlooked. Davis isn't flashy but he will produce in a big way here

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It is a head scratcher, but I think the addition of Davis (who is a similar player in the Lafleur system) and the emergence of Moore kind of gets in the way of Mims running with the 1s on a consistent basis. 

It's a long way before the season starts and even after the season starts there is time for players to emerge (better reps in practice/injuries). 

I've also read a couple of time now (not today) where Mims doesn't know where to line up.  You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't know the plays, you won't be getting playing time.

Hopefully this all passes.  No matter what offensive system you run, there is always room for a guy with the physical traits like Mims.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Autophagy has many anti-aging benefits because it helps destroy and reuse damaged components occurring in vacuoles (spaces) within cells. In other words, the autophagy process basically works by using waste produced inside cells to create new "building materials" that aid in repair and regeneration.

Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think mims is in a better situation with davis and Cole and crowder there, rather than having to the #1 guy right away. Plus he had that food poisoning which probably set him back at the beginning of camp.   What things look like on august 11 is not how the season will play out.

I didn't recall hearing about that until I watched 1 Jets Drive last night

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think mims is in a better situation with davis and Cole and crowder there, rather than having to the #1 guy right away. Plus he had that food poisoning which probably set him back at the beginning of camp.   What things look like on august 11 is not how the season will play out.

Food poisoning is the new Mono?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Zach clearly doesn't understand the significance of  his completion percentage in training camp practices. Has  QB ever made the HOF after going 10-17 in early August Practices???

No, but if I’m not wrong Peyton Manning really sucked the entire first season. I could be mistaken, has anyone else read the same thing? 

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you are a non stop debbie downer and consistently complain about the jets organization.

you live close to the Bucs?  why not just root for them.   it would be better for you and better for the rest of us.

thank you. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Mims situation is such a head scratcher. When he was on the field for Jets he was clearly a threat the defense had to account for. I simply don't get why he's not getting more reps with 1s.

he'll be inching his way up the ladder.  Coming off some serious weight loss/illness issues I read.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

im not sure why this is surprising.  Fant is going to be our RT this year.  Moses was signed for depth as you can tell by his salary.  Fant is much more athletic then moses and is a much better fit in this system then moses.  Fant would have to outright tank in camp for Moses to get that job.

Also, Fant does not play Guard and never has.. so everyone calling for him to be moved to guard...  it's not happening.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'm not prepared to make a judgement on how practice went until I hear Colin Cowherd's insightful analysis

You obviously need the literary talent of one DJ Bien-Aime to tutor you in spelling.  His English language ability has no bounce.

• Haha 3