I (already) want Joe Douglas to pull a 2021 and utilize our first 4 picks (all) on OFFENSE back to back to back to back x4 (come 2022's NFL draft).

I created this same type of thread heading into 2021's draft. Begging for QB/RB/WR/O-Line with our first 4 picks. And I was pretty much laughed off the forum by fans telling me there was 0.00% chance that Joe Douglas would go offense 4x in a row. Well. He did. QB/LG/WR/RB (different order, same dream/same vision). 

NYJ: Zach Wilson. 

BUF: Josh Allen. 

MIA: Tua Tagovailoa. 

N.E: Mac Jones. 

I have a strong feeling (even though they've all got to first prove it to me) that our AFC East Division is going to feature absolute ballers @ QB over the next 10+ years.

And if all 4 live up to potential? Watch out. 

Joe Douglas must do everything in his powers to not only protect Zach Wilson but develop him into our first long-term and true Franchise QB since dating back to Joe Namath (of the 1960's).

1st Round: Jalen Wydermyer (TE). Texas A&M. 

• 2× Second team All-SEC TE behind only Kyle Pitts x2 (2019, 2020). 

@ 6'5/265 lbs he's a dual threat monster who can feast at both pass catching and run blocking. An animal. 

1st Round: Tyler Linderbaum (Center). Iowa.

• First-team All-Big Ten (2020). 

Not only is he the best interior O-lineman in all of college football (@ a position of need) but he's the best overall Offensive Lineman in all of NCAA Football. 

Being born in 1985 awesome Jets Center play is all I know. In 1998 I was only 13 years old while watching Kevin Mawae dominate for #28 Curtis my favorite Martin. In 2006 I was only 21 while watching Nick Mangold destroy the NFL from day one. And I'm sorry but watching Connor McGovern @ Center doesn't even feel like I'm watching my Jets anymore.

and a JD built LT/LG/C trio of Mekhi Becton/Alijah Vera-Tucker/Tyler Linderbaum while Zach Wilson is under an NFL Rookie contract is A+; and turning just a Safety Jamal Adams into two blue chip O-linemen (Alijah Vera-Tucker/Tyler Linderbaum) is also A++. 

2nd Round: Wide Receiver. 

• They're already saying 2022's WR prospects are as fully loaded as both of 2020 and 2021's WR draft class. 

Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson.

Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State. 

John Metchie III, WR, Alabama. 

George Pickens*, WR, Georgia. 

Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State.

Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State. 

I don't care which one. Just give Zach Wilson one of them. 

And everyone telling me how Corey Davis isn't a true #1 WR and/or Denzel Mims is nothing more than an unathletic Rookie/Training Camp bust makes me want these 2022 WRs that much more; because with Jamison Crowder leaving for Free Agency Zach Wilson can not be surrounded by a lack of WRs (Davis/Elijah just isn't enough). 

2nd round: Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State. 

• Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (2020). 

I absolutely love Michael Carter and I'm excited about La'Mical Perine come year #2 but Breece Hall is 6'1/215 lbs of absolute ?

Last year = 279 rushing attempts for 1,572 rushing yards (5.6 ypc), 21 rushing TDs and 23 receptions for 180 receiving yards and 2 TDs. 

Mocks have him going within the 2nd round and if he's not available well then I'd also absolutely love Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M (6'1/225 lbs). 

These two are the Najee Harris/Travis Etienne of 2022 and I'm hopeful at least one will be available come round two. 

And from there Joe Douglas can use all of our NFL's top 5 Free Agency $$$ on Defense and then afterwards provide Robert Saleh with one 3rd round pick, two 4th round picks, two 5th round picks and three 6th round picks all dedicated to Defense (for all I care). 

QB: Zach Wilson. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker. 

C; Tyler Linderbaum. 

RG: Upgrade through FA. 

RT: Morgan Moses (pay him).  

WR: Elijah Moore. 

WR: Corey Davis. 

TE: Jalen Wydermyer. 

WR: Denzel Mims. 

WR: 2022 2nd round draft pick (replacing Jamison Crowder). 

Dynamic RB duo: Breece Hall and Michael Carter. 

Lets make sure Zach Wilson never struggles in Training Camp again. 

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Did someone say John Metchie?

Yup. I love him. Tough as nails. Can obviously lay the lumber. 

But I love his receiving ability even more. 

59 Receptions for 939 Receiving yards (15.9 ypc) and 6 TD Receptions as a Sophomore? 

Despite playing alongside of both DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle @ WR along with RB Najee Harris getting 30+ carries per game? 

This kid @ 6'0/195 lbs has 2K receiving yards potential if I've ever seen it and Elijah Moore and John Metchie III on the same field together? Forget about it. 

That's too much SEC Electricity right there

(and our BYU QB would appreciate it). 

Too early to think about mock drafts yet, but we may actually be in a position next season where we do not have major holes that we are desperate to fill.   If we add a couple of pieces in free agency (interior OL and TE), we could go into the draft in a position to take the best guy on the board, regadless of position. 

Regardless of how he plays, I think our biggest need could be a young edge to play opposite Lawson.  In the past I have pounded the table for offense early and offense often.  Don't think we will be in the same position next season.  Hopefully an edge will be there for us with one of the two 1s.  Beyond that it all remains to be seen.

I kind of think, depending on where the Jets’ picks land of course, edge and C or RT will be  positions we’re really talking about in the first round of next draft. Think TE is possible as well. I honestly can’t tell how the staff is going to prioritize corner but it seems like something they’re okay punting.

Lets see how a healthy Mims develops over the course of the year and what kind of formations the Jets are primarily lining up in before adding another receiver. And I can’t see drafting a RB in the second round for this scheme and as a committee.

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

This would be insanely stupid considering the strength of this first round is going to be EGDE and CB.   

This is correct. Too much talent at positions of potential need to ignore the defense. Shepherd, Foley, and JFM are all coming up with expiring contracts. At least 2 of those guys need to be re-signed to maintain depth and performance. If JFM explodes then he’ll probably not return because he’ll be too expensive. Foley will likely get us in a bidding war. If Saleh is as serious about our front 4 as he seems then there’s no way he’d be okay with those guys walking. 

Strengths become weaknesses quickly in this league and we can’t let that happen because we wanted to spend 7 top 60 draft picks of offense.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, kdels62 said:

This is correct. Too much talent at positions of potential need to ignore the defense. Shepherd, Foley, and JFM are all coming up with expiring contracts. At least 2 of those guys need to be re-signed to maintain depth and performance. If JFM explodes then he’ll probably not return because he’ll be too expensive. Foley will likely get us in a bidding war. If Saleh is as serious about our front 4 as he seems then there’s no way he’d be okay with those guys walking. 

Strengths become weaknesses quickly in this league and we can’t let that happen because we wanted to spend 7 top 60 draft picks of offense.

Exactly.  Saleh has been pretty clear about how he plays defense.  I would expect a lot of resources to be used on the D line.   I wouldn’t be surprised to see a DT taken in the first 4 rounds either.   It’s a decent IDL class as well.  

10 hours ago, Wit said:

I just want to continue drafting OL in round one then I don’t care as much. Or a can’t miss pass rusher. Protect the kid. Strong running game. 

I wouldn't mind offense 4x in a row (again) in order to protect Zach Wilson on offense A+ etc. 

But I'm with you as long as we draft Tyler Linderbaum if he's available in the 1st it's automatically an A+ draft (for me) because this kid is the next Kevin Mawae/Nick Mangold Vol. 3. 

It’s way to early to see if we will need another edge rusher. Let’s give the young guys we drafted like Huff and Nas a year and see how they play. Edge might not be a necessity if these guys perform well. 
I do agree that center position should be improved so McGovern can play guard which he may well be better suited for 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

QB? There are a few on this board who already have that song queued up for the minute Zach throws an INT

Yup.  And there are others who have him in Canton already.  I am jaded by our history, I need to see him play well in regular season games in order to beleive he can play well in regular season games.  But I am not too concerned that it sounds like he has looked like a rookie with some highs and lows.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  And there are others who have him in Canton already.  I am jaded by our history, I need to see him play well in regular season games in order to beleive he can play well in regular season games.  But I am not too concerned that it sounds like he has looked like a rookie with some highs and lows.

Give us more credit, we’ll wait till at least October before we start the deep dive into the 2022 QB class.  

• 2 weeks later...

EDGE must be addressed, and assuming we're picking pretty high we may be able to land a good one.  Sticking with offense the next 3 picks is acceptable to me.  Saleh did draft Fred Warner in the 3rd, so it's not like he has no history of hitting big in the middle rounds on defense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...