Camp Confidential-Training Camp All-Access Revealed Episode 1- Carolina Panthers

jetsons

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I've spent 3 years on this board posting about how bad he is, being called names, told I didn't know what I was talking about, and listening to every excuse in the book as to why he was performing at league worst levels.  Few people are likely as hopeful he busts in spectacular fashion in Carolina as I am.  And yet, even I wouldn't watch a 21 minute Panthers training camp video.

This post above (was gold). 

I watched the first 1 minute just to hear Matt Rhule speak to his team. 

And I wasn't impressed. He sounded like a rah rah cheerleader. Sounded fake and phony to me. 

Damn coach Saleh is truly a breath of fresh air man. 

• Upvote 4

Thank you for posting..

The Jets videos are 1000X better than this...

Energy level is amazingly different.......

I have no animus against Darnold that is for sure but Matt Rhule energy wise is Nooooooo Robert Saleh!!!

For me it isn't CLOSE!!!! 

Guys making up their own nutritional needs at random? Wow

It is simple the Jets have a more professional coaching staff and it is obvious....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you for posting..

The Jets videos are 1000X better than this...

Energy level is amazingly different.......

I have no animus against Darnold that is for sure but Matt Rhule energy wise is Nooooooo Robert Saleh!!!

For me it isn't CLOSE!!!! 

Guys making up their own nutritional needs at random? Wow

It is simple the Jets have a more professional coaching staff and it is obvious....

I didn't watch much. Just the first minutes of Matt Rhule speaking to his team.

You felt exactly like myself.

He seems like a rah rah cheerleader. Fake. Phony. Not real. 

Listening to Saleh speak to his team and then listening to Rhule speak to his team is like going from Vince Lombardi to Herm Edwards (it won't last long) 

Easiest way to explain it for me?

• Saleh speaks with his players like grown MEN. 

• Rhule talks at his NFL players as if they're still kids straight out High School. As if he's still giving fake rah rah speeches @ Albright, Buffalo, UCLA, Western Carolina, Temple and/or Baylor...

How the heck did this guy even BECOME an NFL Head Coach?!?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I didn't watch much. Just the first minutes of Matt Rhule speaking to his team.

You felt exactly like myself.

He seems like a rah rah cheerleader. Fake. Phony. Not real. 

Listening to Saleh speak to his team and then listening to Rhule speak to his team is like going from Vince Lombardi to Herm Edwards (it won't last long) 

Easiest way to explain it for me?

• Saleh speaks with his players like grown MEN. 

• Rhule talks at his NFL players as if they're still kids straight out High School. As if he's still giving fake rah rah speeches @ Albright, Buffalo, UCLA, Western Carolina, Temple and/or Baylor...

How the heck did this guy even BECOME an NFL Head Coach?!?

Hmmmmm I don't want to rip on Rhule but I have to agree with you.  To much of a college vibe here and not an in command one at that IMO....

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Christian McCaffrey staying healthy?

I don't know about that man. 

Christian McCaffrey was pretty damn healthy in...

2018 (7-9).

2019 (5-11).

2020 (0-3).

12-23 overall (.342%).

Awesome talent but unfortunately for Carolina 90% of their roster is pretty bad and their QB in Sam Darnold is atrocious; Christian McCaffrey can not change that...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SOJ said:

Sorry to disagree...he has been pretty dam accurate according to CP Forums. 

From two days ago ...

Not a great day for starting QB Sam Darnold, who gave up a pick to safety Jeremy Chinn on a throw to a wide-open Dan Arnold. He also had several overthrows on situational-type drills. His first big test comes on Thursday and Friday in joint practices against the Colts when he will have to react to new players and a different defense. How Darnold performs likely will determine how much he plays in Sunday's preseason opener. -- David Newton

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

From two days ago ...

Not a great day for starting QB Sam Darnold, who gave up a pick to safety Jeremy Chinn on a throw to a wide-open Dan Arnold. He also had several overthrows on situational-type drills. His first big test comes on Thursday and Friday in joint practices against the Colts when he will have to react to new players and a different defense. How Darnold performs likely will determine how much he plays in Sunday's preseason opener. -- David Newton

wait there having joint practices with the Colts on Thurs and Friday and playing a game with them on Sunday. lol

were not having Joint practices with the Giants today, are we? 

On 8/11/2021 at 10:28 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

This post above (was gold). 

I watched the first 1 minute just to hear Matt Rhule speak to his team. 

And I wasn't impressed. He sounded like a rah rah cheerleader. Sounded fake and phony to me. 

Damn coach Saleh is truly a breath of fresh air man. 

Agree completely.

If I were a player I'd be cringing listening to this HC and his CS.  

On 8/11/2021 at 6:45 PM, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Can we move on already?

JA was gone long before Darnold and people still post about him damn near every day; there are people here still pissed off with Revis and John Abraham.

For the last 50+ years some Jets fans have only drawn satisfaction from their angst. Hope moved away in the middle of the night and left no forwarding address and they’ve stopped putting her on milk cartons hoping to find her.

Matt Rhule not happy with Panthers receivers after practice with Colts (usatoday.com)

Matt Rhule not happy with Panthers receivers after first joint practice with Colts

1323733954.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
Tim Weaver 

August 13, 2021 10:42 am ET

Wide receiver is supposed to be the Carolina Panthers’ deepest position and greatest strength on offense. Things didn’t go well in their first experience with live competition this year, though. Yesterday the team held a joint practice with the Indianapolis Colts and coach Matt Rhule was unhappy with the way they performed.

Here’s what Rhule had to say after the practice, per Darin Gantt at the team website.

“Not real happy with our receivers today. Not a lot of discipline in terms of route running, wrong depths, a lot of missed assignments today. Put a lot of pressure on quarterbacks to adjust to guys not running routes at the right depth.”

To be fair, it’s only one practice. The Colts also have one of the toughest defensive units in the NFL, which caused problems for more than just Carolina’s receivers. The makeshift offensive line also had plenty of issues containing Indy’s pass rushers.

That said, it’s not a great look with only a couple days to go before the Panthers’ first preseason game. Hopefully today goes better so they have more momentum going in.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, doitny said:

wait there having joint practices with the Colts on Thurs and Friday and playing a game with them on Sunday. lol

were not having Joint practices with the Giants today, are we? 

No, but that’s what they’re doing the next two weeks with Green Bay and Philly. 

• Upvote 3