Jump to content

A.J. Brown is willing to gamble and bet all of his 2021 game checks on Elijah Moore winning the Offensive Rookie of the Year award.


Recommended Posts

And I don't blame him either. Because Elijah Moore did something magical last year within a historic SEC Conference.

He broke the All-Time Ole' Mississippi single season record for most receptions during a single season. 

And what's nuts is that he broke the record during only 8 games. 

This kid is special man. I wanted him months before the draft ever happened. Created a thread about him back in December of 2020. And I still can't believe that we drafted him. Because I still can't believe how Jacksonville already screwed over Trevor Lawrence by passing on Elijah Moore (and for an NCAA injury prone CB at that).  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's awesome the way Brown and Metcalf talk this kid up. Even if it's just talk and Moore flashing at practice every single day, I expect he'll be backing up all the hype on game day. I can't wait for Saturday. 

It's great to read, but I kinda doubt Brown will be making that bet lol. At least not with a year's salary. Someone made a great point last time OROY was discussed - QBs always have the edge. If Moore is a legit candidate than it would likely mean that Wilson would win. 

But if you're a gambling man, now would be the time to make that bet. Take advantage of the odds while the rest of the country still doesn't know who this kid is. 

Screenshot_20210812-030309_Chrome.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And I don't blame him either. Because Elijah Moore did something magical last year within a historic SEC Conference.

He broke the All-Time Ole' Mississippi single season record for most receptions during a single season. 

And what's nuts is that he broke the record during only 8 games. 

This kid is special man. I wanted him months before the draft ever happened. Created a thread about him back in December of 2020. And I still can't believe that we drafted him. Because I still can't believe how Jacksonville already screwed over Trevor Lawrence by passing on Elijah Moore (and for an NCAA injury prone CB at that).  

Are you going to put all of your money where your mouth is? Take a picture of that betting slip for us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

It's awesome the way Brown and Metcalf talk this kid up. Even if it's just talk and Moore flashing at practice every single day, I expect he'll be backing up all the hype on game day. I can't wait for Saturday. 

It's great to read, but I kinda doubt Brown will be making that bet lol. At least not with a year's salary. Someone made a great point last time OROY was discussed - QBs always have the edge. If Moore is a legit candidate than it would likely mean that Wilson would win. 

But if you're a gambling man, now would be the time to make that bet. Take advantage of the odds while the rest of the country still doesn't know who this kid is. 

Screenshot_20210812-030309_Chrome.jpg

where did you find that future? (DK has him at 2500; MGM +1800)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So we think that a phenomenal number of yards receiving gives the OROY to Moore and not Wilson? Isn’t it true that the WR position is frequently slighted on awards since so many of their stats are also credited to the QB?

Link to post
Share on other sites

DraftKings Sportsbook

@DKSportsbook

·

14h

BIG BET: One bettor put $2,751.03 on the New York Jets to be AFC Champions... Potential Payout: $209,078.28

 

Sounds like Wilson's Mom broke her piggy bank.  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love enthusiasm and to even have these convos, is a good sign. 

But chances are slllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmm

  • He'd have to outshine TL & QB co. (and Wilson would have to feed him the ball, making Wilson a candidate)
  • Harris is going to get 900 carries
  • Good chance PHI force feeds D. Smith, and Moore looks to be better than I gave him credit for, but Smith is a better receiver. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you are putting a couple of bucks down on someone, do any fans really care about ROY awards.  I hope Moore, Wilson and others play well enough that they are in the disucssion, but I am more intereted in the team's W-L record than any individual accolades.

Sheldon Richardson was defensive ROY in 2013.  What did that get us?

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Someone mentioned this before...

But if he's good enough to win ROY, it means ZW will likely win it instead...They'll give it to the QB.

My money is in Captain James Morgan 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lith said:

Unless you are putting a couple of bucks down on someone, do any fans really care about ROY awards.  I hope Moore, Wilson and others play well enough that they are in the disucssion, but I am more intereted in the team's W-L record than any individual accolades.

Sheldon Richardson was defensive ROY in 2013.  What did that get us?

The ammo for Sam!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He'd have to outshine TL & QB co. (and Wilson would have to feed him the ball, making Wilson a candidate) 

It's just mostly this. QB's are just judged by a different standard, and there's going to be about 3-4 who'll play a lot. I suspect one of Fields, Lance and Jones will come in earlier than expected if not flat out start. 

Look how great Justin Jefferson was last year. Once in a generation type year for a rookie. Most receiving yards since 1960. Then got beat out by a QB who was statistically not much, if at all better than his own. 

For Moore to put up Jefferson level stats then it's almost certain that Wilson is doing pretty well too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

• Jets to win SB (do it every year). 

• Jets to make the playoffs. 

• Zach ROY. 

• Elijah ROY. 

• Carter ROY (don't sleep on him). 

• C.J. Mosley Comeback Player of the Year. 

• COACH SALEH COACH OF THE YEAR @ +2,000 ODDS!

These will be my 7 prop bets for the season. Just waiting for TC and preseason to avoid player injuries before placing my bets. 

 

I have a strong feeling we're on the verge of a 2009 Rex/Sanchez/O-Line/Run game/Defense like run with Saleh/Wilson/Mekhi/AVT/Moses/Run Game/Defense here in 2021; I feel it in the air. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no doubt Moore will be a good player for us. His talent is obvious. Honestly, this is the first time the Jets front office has hit on a WR since drafting Jerricho Cotchery in 2004. My concern is not Moore. If Moore gets the ball he will succeed. I'm more concerned about Zach. He's been very up and down now for a while. Now, honestly that's to be expected, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned. It's normal for NFL QB prospects to fail and as much as I believe in Zach he's no different from a million others. My hope is Zach will turn things around. I definitely believe in Zach much more than I ever did Mark Sanchez. I thought Sanchez was garbage from day one. As Jets fans, we just need to hope he turns things around.....

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm more concerned about Zach. My hope is Zach will turn things around. I definitely believe in Zach much more than I ever did Mark Sanchez. I thought Sanchez was garbage from day one. As Jets fans, we just need to hope he turns things around.....

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Hope he turns it around?  He's already turned it around.

He's been without his starting LG throughout training camp and today was without Elijah Moore but yet he's now had 3 back to back to back consecutive practices of multiple TDs thrown and 0 Turnovers. 

Imo.

There is absolutely nothing to be concerned about in regards to Zach Wilson (who's yet to even take a single preseason snap just yet). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dcat said:

where did you find that future? (DK has him at 2500; MGM +1800)

I literally Googled 2021 NFL OROY odds and clicked the first link lol.. it was on oddsshark, It says updated daily 🤷🏼‍♂️ I apologize if I posted inaccurate information. I'm not really a gambler, I was just looking up for my own curiosity.

 

Screenshot_20210812-170708_Chrome.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Much better odds than DraftKings has now. Bet $25 to win $650 last week

 

11 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I hope he does, I put $25 down on him to win $1k haha

 

Screenshot_20210608-214142.jpg

I don't suppose anyone knows if a VPN will work around the needing to be in NJ to place a bet requirement? 😊 I'd love to get in on this, but not enough to take an hour+ drive and pay tolls to place the bet lol

BTW @bla bla bla, love how you hedged your Moore bet with Wilson 👍 Although, not to be negative because I have a ton of faith in him, but you might have gotten better odds on Wilson after the preseason 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said, it will be hard for Moore to win the award, but I bet him early and got good odds for a pizza money bet.

Here are all my Jets futures bets I've made this year....Lawson was the most recent:

9308C065-CF4C-424C-832D-6437F6EDD28C.jpeg

215D8A47-2E37-4DBB-AD33-7B8A1F7862D7.jpeg

14A6AB65-841E-4A43-A10D-16FA9C20F198.jpeg

906C12D4-D4B3-4729-B2CF-194B02C52437.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
My money is in Captain James Morgan 
Where can I place a bet on a player not taking a meaningful snap in his career?

Nvm probably have to bet $100 to pay $100.10 for the Cap'n
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

As others have said, it will be hard for Moore to win the award, but I bet him early and got good odds for a pizza money bet.

Here are all my Jets futures bets I've made this year....Lawson was the most recent:

9308C065-CF4C-424C-832D-6437F6EDD28C.jpeg

215D8A47-2E37-4DBB-AD33-7B8A1F7862D7.jpeg

14A6AB65-841E-4A43-A10D-16FA9C20F198.jpeg

906C12D4-D4B3-4729-B2CF-194B02C52437.jpeg

Love it! 

Only thing you're missing is Jets winning the SB (I do it every season because when we finally win it all as an underdog? It's going to PAY OUT! And the feelings I had heading into the 2009 and 2010 playoffs with a SB ticket still alive were amazing. 

Also? You're missing C.J Mosley Comeback Player of the Year because behind QUINNEN freaking WILLIAMS and Carl Lawson while @ MLB in a 4-3? And Robert Saleh as HC? Omg. He's going to feast and I'm talking 120+ dominant tackles from sideline to sideline and with multiple INTs too. 

My favorite bet of yours is Saleh COY because @ +2000 odds it gets no better than that. And 2-14 last year? 10 wins makes it a LOCK due to the improved  turnaround.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

 

I don't suppose anyone knows if a VPN will work around the needing to be in NJ to place a bet requirement? 😊 I'd love to get in on this, but not enough to take an hour+ drive and pay tolls to place the bet lol

BTW @bla bla bla, love how you hedged your Moore bet with Wilson 👍 Although, not to be negative because I have a ton of faith in him, but you might have gotten better odds on Wilson after the preseason 

yeaaaaa haha we'll see how he ends up playing but I figured jumping early won't really hurt either

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Love it! 

Only thing you're missing is Jets winning the SB (I do it every season because when we finally win it all as an underdog? It's going to PAY OUT! And the feelings I had heading into the 2009 and 2010 playoffs with a SB ticket still alive were amazing. 

Also? You're missing C.J Mosley Comeback Player of the Year because behind QUINNEN freaking WILLIAMS and Carl Lawson while @ MLB in a 4-3? And Robert Saleh as HC? Omg. He's going to feast and I'm talking 120+ dominant tackles from sideline to sideline and with multiple INTs too. 

My favorite bet of yours is Saleh COY because @ +2000 odds it gets no better than that. And 2-14 last year? 10 wins makes it a LOCK due to the improved  turnaround.

I looked a few weeks ago and couldn’t find CJ listed for comeback player....it’s the only bet I want to make that I haven’t seen yet.  I’ll have to look again tonight.  If I can find him +8000 or better I’ll probably throw $25 on it.  Another award that will be hard to win, especially with Dak coming back from a bad injury, but still worth a few scheckles with the right odds.  
 

Edit: Found him at +12500 on PointsBet.  A couple of other places had him at +10000. 
 

Another $25 donation.  Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I looked a few weeks ago and couldn’t find CJ listed for comeback player....it’s the only bet I want to make that I haven’t seen yet.  I’ll have to look again tonight.  If I can find him +8000 or better I’ll probably throw $25 on it.  Another award that will be hard to win, especially with Dak coming back from a bad injury, but still worth a few scheckles with the right odds.  

It's better than +8000 odds. 

(See for yourself, don't want to ruin the suspense on you). 

https://www.bettingpros.com/nfl/odds/player-futures/comeback-player-of-the-year/

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, isired said:

Where can I place a bet on a player not taking a meaningful snap in his career?

Nvm probably have to bet $100 to pay $100.10 for the Cap'n

Still waiting for my Vernon Gholston over 4.5 sacks to cash.  It has been several years, but I'm hoping.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

I looked a few weeks ago and couldn’t find CJ listed for comeback player....it’s the only bet I want to make that I haven’t seen yet.  I’ll have to look again tonight.  If I can find him +8000 or better I’ll probably throw $25 on it.  Another award that will be hard to win, especially with Dak coming back from a bad injury, but still worth a few scheckles with the right odds.  
 

Edit: Found him at +12500 on PointsBet.  A couple of other places had him at +10000. 
 

Another $25 donation.  Lol

If Mosley is the monster we seem to expect him to be, it's not a bad wager.  But consider that he is on sort of a double comeback...  his injury was 2019 and then he took covid year off.  But Dak coming off devastating injury much more proximate to 2021.  Come to think of it, forget it. The covid-19 opt-out is a deal killer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If Mosley is the monster we seem to expect him to be, it's not a bad wager.  But consider that he is on sort of a double comeback...  his injury was 2019 and then he took covid year off.  But Dak coming off devastating injury much more proximate to 2021.  Come to think of it, forget it. The covid-19 opt-out is a deal killer.  

I could understand if he was struggling throughout training camp, but he's not. 

They're saying he's moving faster than ever throughout training camp. He's 100% healthy and will become our greatest MLB of our generation and not even Marvin Jones, Jonathan Vilma, David Harris or Bart Scott come close to being as great as C.J. Mosley.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...