Training Camp - 8/12 (the pads are back on!)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So we are all happy with the practice in pads now?  I fear injuries much more than whether the players are hitting each other enough in practice.  We just can't have nice things.  I guess it's a good idea that they didn't cut Mims yet

Would you rather him get hurt in week 1 after no exposure to hitting 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Would you rather him get hurt in week 1 after no exposure to hitting 

Is there data to suggest that players that get hit more in August are less likely to get hurt in October? Do you honestly think the more a player gets hit in practice the less likely he is to tear his ACL 2 months later? 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Unvaccinated players are tested every day under the new protocols.  Could be that they got his results and pulled him.

That would seem to make sense.  I guess we will hear from Coach after practice and know more.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

All things being equal you take the big leg...Says, to me, touchback every time and no worry of kick returns, no injuries on kick return etc.

The onnnnly concern I have with Ammendola is that he, supposedly, kicks low.  You’ll have to see how he does in a real game because those may carry less hang time and put you at risk of tipped FG attempts.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The onnnnly concern I have with Ammendola is that he, supposedly, kicks low.  You’ll have to see how he does in a real game because those may carry less hang time and put you at risk of tipped FG attempts.

I wasn't aware of that, but a huge concern.  Especially on long FG's when you have to go lower.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

All things being equal you take the big leg...Says, to me, touchback every time and no worry of kick returns, no injuries on kick return etc.

Not sure how you evaluate it in camp, but I want the guy who is more reliable in "game on the line" situations. 

I want a kicker who can make the 40 yarder down 2 with no time on the clock more than they guy who can hit the occasional 60-yarder.   Not sure if either of these guys have a track record as a clutch kicker in college.

Either way, finding a kicker should not be as hard as we have made it the last few years.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1