Elijah Moore to get MRI on Quad

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-rookie-elijah-moore-to-get-mri-after-suffering-quad-injury-during-practice/

Why can't we have nice things? Hopefully not serious.

Now that No. 2 overall pick Zach Wilson has signed his rookie contract, the most intriguing story out of Jets camp is almost certainly the steadily-building hype around second-round pick Elijah Moore. Moore, a wide receiver out of Ole Miss, has apparently been one of the team's most dynamic players throughout the offseason, and has been pushing for a real regular-season role. 

All of which makes it at least mildly concerning that Moore suffered some sort of quadriceps injury during Thursday's practice. The injury is of unknown severity at the moment, but new Jets coach Robert Saleh told reporters that Moore will get an MRI and there is a chance he does not play in Saturday's preseason opener against the Giants.  

The Jets have a deeper crop of wide receivers than they did last season thanks to the additions of Moore and former Titans wideout Corey Davis, who signed with the team this offseason. Along with that duo, the Jets have holdovers Jamison Crowder, Braxton Berrios, and Denzel Mims

"Minor to moderate quad strains will usually heal on their own, given enough time. Recovery for minor to moderate quad strains is usually one to three weeks with limited activity. If the strained quad is severe, it may require four to eight weeks to achieve full recovery."

Even at it's worst he'll be out for 4-8 weeks at the most.

As long as he's healthy by week 1 @ Carolina I'm o.k.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Doesn't sound bad... But getting an MRI for it does... But he said he "may" miss Saturday that sounds good... But 

giphy.gif

MRI is precautionary to determine the severity of the injury. This is a good thing, means the doctors are getting an accurate picture of the injury to know the severity and put together the proper rehab program. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

MRI is precautionary to determine the severity of the injury. This is a good thing, means the doctors are getting an accurate picture of the injury to know the severity and put together the proper rehab program. 

Yeah, I think we are looking at something between day to day (if MRI is clean) or week to week (if they find a mild strain). Nothing from the reports suggest that this could be a serious strain.  

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If he has a 4-8 week recovery, hes not playing in the opener.  

Thankfully it doesnt sound like its that type of injury.

That 4-8 timeline is the longest it could ever take for recovery. 

I'm no doctor but if he was able to walk off the field on his own, I highly doubt it's as severe as it could be. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

That 4-8 timeline is the longest it could ever take for recovery. 

And if he walked off the field on his own two quads I highly doubt it's as severe as it could be. 

I'm not diagnosing him off the way he walked off the field.  

But I did say if he has a 4-8 week injury, hes not playing on opening day.  

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, I think we are looking at something between day to day (if MRI is clean) or week to week (if they find a mild strain). Nothing from the reports suggest that this could be a serious strain.  

agreed, the training staff is going to be overly cautious at this time of year shutting guys down fully so that they have proper time to rehabilitate before allowing them back on the field.  No games count right now, so no need to push the time table.