Elijah Moore to get MRI on Quad

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Professional Wrestlers and UFC fighters are drugged up and psychopaths. A normal basketball/football/baseball player will not keep playing through a complete tear of a quad. These guys pull up lame and limp off after minor strains. We see UFC fighters continue on with broken legs. 

Adrenaline is amazing. You can't fight on drugs in the UFC. 

• Haha 2

I hated my last job so much that I actually looked forward to getting an MRI.  I knew that I could lay down, close my eyes and know that I at least had an hour where they couldn't reach me.
Being serious I had a 80 minute MRI ... fell asleep to sounds of the ocean ... they blow a fan down the tube ... thought I was on the beach.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Does anyone follow him on social media to see if he has posted anything about this?

Only update I have seen is from some unverified account saying the MRI is scheduled for Saturday,  No idea if that is true or not, but it does not appear any news has been released either from Moore or the team.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Only update I have seen is from some unverified account saying the MRI is scheduled for Saturday,  No idea if that is true or not, but it does not appear any news has been released either from Moore or the team.

Thanks Lith!

Not sure what to make of them waiting a day and a half to have it done (bad sign/good sign?)

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You're assuming Triple H was on Toradol. He couldn't have possibly known he was going to tear his quad. Let's not grasp at straws. Walking off an injury means little. 

What I'm saying is most guys in contact sports are always battling nagging injuries.  These guys line up pregame to get their shots its quite common.  Its why sometimes you don't hear about injuries until a day later , guys just don't feel the effects until the pain meds wear off. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

That seems kind on odd that they would perform the MRI Saturday and lose two days of rehab.  

I hate to be 'that guy' and be the most unpopular guy in a thread but I am going to be 'that guy' anyway.

One of the justifications you always here about pro athletes getting buckets of money is the injury risk and problems getting hurt.  As a pro athlete you have trainers, doctors and access to the finest medical equipment all the time.  You get hurt and it is looked at diagnosed and often treated right away with money being no object.

Joe blow amateur athlete does not get this nor does joe blow worker in many tough jobs.

I've know guys with torn acls that did not find out it was torn until a week or more after the fact because the knee was still sort.

Guys with separated shoulders.

A buddy had a badly torn hamstring, undiagnosed for like a week.

Myself, I broke the cartilage in my nose via a hockey stick and did not know the significance of the damage until years later.

I had to wait like a month to get an mri on my shoulder.

(This is not shot at the jets or moore etc just an observation on diagnosis and treatment for pro athletes vs joe blow.)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That seems kind on odd that they would perform the MRI Saturday and lose two days of rehab.  

@Dunnie said it above the MRI results are better with less swelling. I don't know if they are doing any kind of rehab beforehand but if there's a question of a fracture or more than a moderate sprain/strain to the soft tissue then massage or PT could make the injury worse if they don't know what they are dealing with. I would guess they have been giving him anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers to help reduce swelling and pain without risking aggravating an injury ahead of the MRI. I'd guess they performed xrays and maybe a CT earlier but those lack the resolution to see some fractures and connective tissue injuries.

Comparably if you were in a car wreck your doctor likely would not refer you for an MRI until more than a month after the wreck, similar pharmaceutical regime and some degree of PT/chiro/massage first. Part of that is seeing if you heal without needing advanced imaging but part of it is also to reduce swelling enough to clearly see what is going on. 

Don't believe him..

That WALMART IMAGES picture of Elijah Moore's card (that he download from Google) has not fallen from $39.99 to "$29.99".

He's lying to you.

(and as an Elijah Moore A1 since before day 1 fan - I won't Ignore it). 

Screenshot_20210813-143548.thumb.png.65c6b3ec09c3c045f69e2f91e2ce7aa9.png

THERE ARE ONLY 5 LEFT AND THEY'RE STILL SELLING FOR $39.99 AS OF 8/13/2021 @ 2:43 P.M...

Screenshot_20210813-144352.thumb.png.ddf9953786e26b1c2965ce0a864acaf3.png

"29.99" my ass. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

@Dunnie said it above the MRI results are better with less swelling. I don't know if they are doing any kind of rehab beforehand but if there's a question of a fracture or more than a moderate sprain/strain to the soft tissue then massage or PT could make the injury worse if they don't know what they are dealing with. I would guess they have been giving him anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers to help reduce swelling and pain without risking aggravating an injury ahead of the MRI. I'd guess they performed xrays and maybe a CT earlier but those lack the resolution to see some fractures and connective tissue injuries.

Comparably if you were in a car wreck your doctor likely would not refer you for an MRI until more than a month after the wreck, similar pharmaceutical regime and some degree of PT/chiro/massage first. Part of that is seeing if you heal without needing advanced imaging but part of it is also to reduce swelling enough to clearly see what is going on. 

I've heard of waiting for the swelling going down with an ACL type injury but not for an injury like this.  I've had muscle tears to my hammy and had bleeding but no swelling.   But I dont know?

Add in Saleh said he might be able to play on Saturday I would think that he would have to have a clean MRI before Saturday.  If hes so swollen that he cant have an legible MRI, it doesnt sound like he has a simple small tear

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

One of the justifications you always here about pro athletes getting buckets of money is the injury risk and problems getting hurt. 

I get what you’re saying, but that’s a bad justification. Pro athletes get buckets of money because they make other people 10 buckets of money. That’s really the long and short of it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Good heavens, that sound worse than massaging DeShaun Watson, 

I probably takes a lot less time to finish the massage on DW than to undergo an MRI.

I actually want to get one so I have a baseline for upcoming ailment treatment. Eighty minutes of clanging will just remind me of my old commute on the A Express from 207th Street to 59th, before switching to the D to Rock Center. What a treat that was. Speak louder, I can't hear you ... 

On my budget, though, my late in life medical treatment will probably consist of me taking a quick bath with my toaster oven.  

• Haha 2

I mostly know about physics/chemistry of MRI (NMR from Bloch and Purcell, Imaging from Lauterbur later renamed MRI because of an unreasoning fear of the word nuclear).   I don't know so much about the medicine, but it seems to me that an MRI does not have to be a one time event.  If I were being paid big bucks as a team physician, I would say, let's get a first MRI immediately and again after any swelling goes down a bit if we feel that clearer images are needed.  Why would that be unreasonable?  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I hate to be 'that guy' and be the most unpopular guy in a thread but I am going to be 'that guy' anyway.

One of the justifications you always here about pro athletes getting buckets of money is the injury risk and problems getting hurt.  As a pro athlete you have trainers, doctors and access to the finest medical equipment all the time.  You get hurt and it is looked at diagnosed and often treated right away with money being no object.

Joe blow amateur athlete does not get this nor does joe blow worker in many tough jobs.

I've know guys with torn acls that did not find out it was torn until a week or more after the fact because the knee was still sort.

Guys with separated shoulders.

A buddy had a badly torn hamstring, undiagnosed for like a week.

Myself, I broke the cartilage in my nose via a hockey stick and did not know the significance of the damage until years later.

(This is not shot at the jets or moore etc just an observation on diagnosis and treatment for pro athletes vs joe blow.)

do you live in canada?

20 minutes ago, greengeek said:

I mostly know about physics/chemistry of MRI (NMR from Bloch and Purcell, Imaging from Lauterbur later renamed MRI because of an unreasoning fear of the word nuclear).   I don't know so much about the medicine, but it seems to me that an MRI does not have to be a one time event.  If I were being paid big bucks as a team physician, I would say, let's get a first MRI immediately and again after any swelling goes down a bit if we feel that clearer images are needed.  Why would that be unreasonable?  

In normal situations, the only issue would be the cost of the scan. But, in this scenario, that shouldn't apply, so I agree with you. 

source: I'm a medical physicist who analyzes MRI data for a living

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1