Elijah Moore to get MRI on Quad

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I'd sign for 3 weeks right now, no questions asked. 

When I logged in yesterday, I figured he'd be designated as out for the season by the end of today. 

Fair point. 3 weeks has him ready for the opener. I should be thankful if that's all it is

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I mean no disrespect to you, Mogglez, but who the **** is Ali Ashraf

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Whos this clown? and can we take him at his word? 

This way of talking, the word usage especially, is why I love having grown up in NY/NJ Metro Area.   I can hear myself, as well as relatives/friends from my youth saying the same thing.  I'm sitting here giggling running "Who the f*ck..." through my mind.  LOL. 

• Haha 3

Just now, munchmemory said:

This way of talking, the word usage especially, is why I love having grown up in NY/NJ Metro Area.   I can hear myself, as well as relatives/friends from my youth saying the same thing.  I'm sitting here giggling running "Who the f*ck..." through my mind.  LOL. 

Yup. "Who/what/why/where/how the f*&k ..."

When I get really animated, even after 38 years of not living there, I have to censor myself, all the da*n time. My daughter caught on when she was about four, razzing me with "it's not cawfee, daddy ..."

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I mean no disrespect to you, Mogglez, but who the **** is Ali Ashraf

Lmao, he runs a gigantic Jets Instagram page that many of the players and beat reporters follow.  He’s gotten some tidbits here and there.  I get being skeptical, but it wouldn’t shock me if a teammate, a beat guy, or even Moore himself, told him.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Bungaman said:

Yup. "Who/what/why/where/how the f*&k ..."

When I get really animated, even after 38 years of not living there, I have to censor myself, all the da*n time. My daughter caught on when she was about four, razzing me with "it's not cawfee, daddy ..."

You have no idea the guys I grew up with back in the 60s/70s.  Other than at home, in front of the nuns, or in church the curse barrage was just how we all talked.  There were a couple of older guys who could put "f**k" in between letters in a word.  lol

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Lmao, he runs a gigantic Jets Instagram page that many of the players and beat reporters follow.  He’s gotten some tidbits here and there.  I get being skeptical, but it wouldn’t shock me if a teammate, a beat guy, or even Moore himself, told him.

I follow him on IG. He's had press passes for a few things and has met tons of ex/current jets. I started following him a long time ago before he was this big and I don't think he's the type to trash that reputation he's built. I agree he could very well have some inside connects. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, yocousinvinny said:

I follow him on IG. He's had press passes for a few things and has met tons of ex/current jets. I started following him a long time ago before he was this big and I don't think he's the type to trash that reputation he's built. I agree he could very well have some inside connects. 

Yup.

CC: @dbatesman

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

No one held the goof better than Sasha Baron Cohen in character as Ali G.   Just world class ball busting right in the faces of folks who had no idea they were marks.

I went to see Borat with my Dad and my 78 year old Uncle Manny at the time, no longer with us., I had to walk Uncle Manny into the lobby and he almost dropped a nitro he was laughing so hard, I kid you not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I went to see Borat with my Dad and my 78 year old Uncle Manny at the time, no longer with us., I had to wake Uncle Manny into the lobby and he almost dropped a nitro he was laughing so hard, I kid you not. 

Wish I had been there to see that.  I was always one of those people who laughed like a lunatic at the movies. 

So many insane/hilarious moments in that flick.  Again, I worship guys like Cohen who just never let up on the joke/goof. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Wish I had been there to see that.  I was always one of those people who laughed like a lunatic at the movies. 

So many insane/hilarious moments in that flick.  Again, I worship guys like Cohen who just never let up on the joke/goof. 

It was that but also because this was well before thing like Unpractical Jokers  and Prank showed up they both had no idea what was going on. It was really unique and both of them were baffled. It was a great time. They thought it was a documentary in a way. Haha 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2021 at 2:50 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

4 weeks is 28 days. Opening day isn't for another 31 days. That'll give him an additional 3 days of game day preparation. 

Chances are it's nothing and he'll be back out there practicing by tomorrow. 

@Jet Nut

Told ya so man.

Quoted for TRUTH (ask Ali Ashraf).

My name is Phil and I'm no Doctor Phil but I knew enough to know that it wasn't anything serious because if you're able to walk off the field and on your own two quads while walking off the field without a limp? 

A ) You're not seriously hurt. 

B.) You'll be back sooner rather than later (much sooner too). 

image.thumb.png.79608f8420ccd26507f4476600b54230.png

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It was that but also because this was well before thing like Unpractical Jokers  and Prank showed up they both had no idea what was going on. It was really unique and both of them were baffled. It was a great time. They thought it was a documentary in a way. Haha 

They must have freaked at the wrestling scene.  One of the most graphic, yet hilarious, scenes ever filmed.  I lost it big time.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You have no idea the guys I grew up with back in the 60s/70s.  Other than at home, in front of the nuns, or in church the curse barrage was just how we all talked.  There were a couple of older guys who could put "f**k" in between letters in a word.  lol

Unf*ckingbelievable

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

They must have freaked at the wrestling scene.  One of the most graphic, yet hilarious, scenes ever filmed.  I lost it big time.

That and the chicken scene. I walked my Uncle out right after chicken scene, he spent his entire life traveling the city on the subway. Being  Italian he was also a cheek kisser. LOL, he just lost his shit dude. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@Jet Nut

Told ya so man.

Quoted for TRUTH (ask Ali Ashraf).

My name is Phil and I'm no Doctor Phil but I knew enough to know that it wasn't anything serious because if you're able to walk off the field and on your own two quads while walking off the field without a limp? 

A ) You're not seriously hurt. 

B.) You'll be back sooner rather than later (much sooner too). 

image.thumb.png.79608f8420ccd26507f4476600b54230.png

Instead of patting yourself on the back all I said was that if he's out 4-8 weeks he wont make opening day.  I didnt mention a thing about if hes severely injured or not.  All I said is he he is, the 4 week window wont work.  

In fact what I posted, copied and pasted:

I'm not diagnosing him off the way he walked off the field.  

But I did say if he has a 4-8 week injury, hes not playing on opening day.  

But keep tagging me on things I never talked about and send me "I told you so posts".  Especially when its based on nothing concrete at this time

• Upvote 1

I personally never heard of Mr. Ali but he seems very credible to me.

image.thumb.png.977efd59e39b1bf075f954b16b796fa6.png

You can

A.) Tell he's a passionate Jets fan

and

B.) Can see that he's got good taste (#33). 

image.png.485e9f1758e49ab76672665004917fbd.png

He seems really popular and in all seriousness I highly doubt he would lie to our fan base in order to get our hopes up just so Elijah Moore can end up missing "4-8 weeks".

@Mogglez thank you man I feel much better tonight and can now enjoy my Knicks Summer League game @ 8:00 vs. Cleveland.

• Upvote 1