OT: Field of Dreams

Dcat

Go White Sox whoop that billion dollar payroll Yankees ass. 

If baseball had a salary cap? My Rays would win the world series every other year due to an A+ front office and an A+ farm system. Last year two of LAD's highest paid players = more than Rays entire team combined. 

MLB having a salary cap would be great for baseball because without one imo it's a tainted league. I still love it though.

If baseball had a salary cap? My Rays would win the world series every other year due to an A+ front office and an A+ farm system. Last year two of LAD's highest paid players = more than Rays entire team combined. 
MLB having a salary cap would be great for baseball because without one imo it's a tainted league. I still love it though.

How bout keeping YOUR players for a change. I got one. How bout having more of YOUR fans in your own stadium when the Yanks come to town

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The Dodgers had nearly twice as many homegrown players on their WS roster last year then Tampa did.  No one cares about that though.  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

How bout keeping YOUR players for a change. I got one. How bout having more of YOUR fans in your own stadium when the Yanks come to town

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We don't need to keep our players when we keep replacing them with A+ prospects. 

And we're still a young franchise and now building 2nd generation fans (like my daughter who's 10 and loves her Rays). Our stadium attendance struggles but our radio and TV ratings are through the roof. 

Only a 23 year old fan base in a Football state. Yankees? Over 100+ years of building a fan base; big difference there. 

I still believe MLB baseball would become a better league with a salary cap like all 3 of NFL/NBA/NHL but you don't have to agree with me it's just my personal opinion as a sports fan. 

1st place never felt better (best team in Devil Rays history here in 2021 too @ 70-45 overall) and now 5.0 ahead of Boston and  soon to 7.0 games ahead of the $Yankee$ (running away with the A.L. East). 

Great to see Iowa fans enjoying professional sports tonight. 

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gimmicky like when they play hockey outside.  I watched it for 3 minutes and quickly realized, this is still the same awful sport.  Cornfields make no difference.

i guess to each his own.

And hockey outdoors might be the the greatest move that the NHL has ever made to promote their game

So theres that

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Great, entertaining game last night.  In an incredible setting.  Only thing that disappointed me is that I was not able to get tix.  I live about 3 hours east of Dyersville.  My son is about 3 hours west.  Would have been a great spot to meet, and I looked into it, but just couldn't justify spending more for a regular season game between two teams that I do not root for than I spent on World Series tickets in 2015.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Pffft. Baseball. And I played it for almost 25 years. So boring can hardly stand it. Post season? Fairly entertaining, regular season?? Just way too long and such a slow game.

I'm a Yankee fan from around 1962-63.  Baseball was the first sport I followed.  But they lost me the last few years.  I have not watched one game this year.  Thinking back on all the times we went to at the old Yankee stadium and throughout the years, this shocks me.  I hate how the game is played now so don't follow it at all.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I'm a Yankee fan from around 1962-63.  Baseball was the first sport I followed.  But they lost me the last few years.  I have not watched one game this year.  Thinking back on all the times we went to at the old Yankee stadium and throughout the years, this shocks me.  I hate how the game is played now so don't follow it at all.

Yeah, not quite as old- born in 71. I played many years growing up and played a few years in the APBL- and two years in the Cape Cod league - three MLB tryouts but didn’t quite make it. 

Use to love to watch as a fan too. Time was I use to religiously watch all 162. Went from that to barely being able to track it online. ?

• Upvote 1