OT: New JN post rep emoji ideas

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  

I do kind of like the idea of a facepalm though.  

I think it’ll ultimately be just one swap in the end. As a positive rep vote, the heart barely gets any play since there are 2 others that people typically use.

Sad can unintentionally be a bit inappropriate sometimes; I like heart for that (personally).

That leaves an opening for a double-impact thumbs down. WTF, bag-on-head, facepalm, etc. are good candidates so far. It can be a combo of those two (e.g. :bag: or a facepalm, and it “means” WTF, not a combo of facepalming a bag-on-face lol).

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We’ve all been searching for a more appropriate one, from time to time, where none of the choices really captured our feelings about a post. 

There are, in effect, three different thumbs-up rep emojis. Before outright removing any, @Maxman or some other computer nerd behind the scenes would have to consolidate so past rep-replies don’t effectively get deleted.

My initial thoughts, but admittedly this is just one haploid’s opinion here:

• I think just two up-vote emojis are fine, and can eliminate one: 1 “regular” (green up-arrow or a thumbs-up) and 1 for particularly great posts like my own (the purple POTW one). 
  • The “sad” emoji is meh. If showing sympathy, I kind of think the heart conveys that better, so maybe that’d just be re-imaging sad with a heart and migrating heart rep into up-arrow.
  • The thumbs-down is fine. We need this for DWC and Kevin to use like it’s oxygen, but more importantly, to be used upon them. :D 
  • “Ha ha” also should stay as-is. 
  • “Confused” I think the same (that’s twice in one post I’m agreeing with @Integrity28, so everyone make a note of it). If a post is unclear we quote the person and ask for clarification rather than reply with an emoji. I think rather it’s that it was designed for a different sentiment but it doesn’t have enough bite to convey WTF. One that captures WTF would be better.

We could add to the number of choices, but I’d prefer to swap in/out.

I’m not making this a vote thread because there are no nominations yet; it’s an idea thread thus far. Just post ideas at this point.

What do you think should they be? Which to eliminate/swap out, plus post an emoji image and then text for what the new emoji means.

How about a "can of worms" emoji? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A.) I don't like how you mentioned my name in this thread and used it within a negative form (without even @Sperm Edwards tagging me in it; as if I wouldn't see it). 

B.) I gave you a thumbs down because of it too. ?

And since I love myself some "STATS" i thought I'd leave you with this...

DWC's JN Statistics: 

1.) Reactions Given

• 876 POTWs ?

• 712 laughter's ?

• 491 blue hearts ?.

• 455 green Arrows ⬆️

• 391 thumbs down ?.

• 53 tears ?

• 46 rolling my eyes ?

(I don't know what laughter really means ala laughing at me ? or laughing with me ? so....)

• Positive reactions given = 1,822.

(Distributed evenly to everyone here on JN). 

• Negative reactions given = 490

(mostly to one specific poster who I'm not allowed to quote anymore). 

2.) Reactions Received =

• 3,042 green arrows ⬆️

• 1,000 thumbs down ?

• 876 POTW's ?

• 664 laughters ?

• 593 blue hearts ?

• 167 rolling their eyes ? 

• 61 tears ?

Positive Reactions Received = 4,511.

(From hundreds of different posters). 

Negative Reactions Received = 1,228

(All from only a handful of 5-7 posters who I consider DWC fans who negative rep my every thought). 

Sperm Edwards last won the day on February 25th of 2019 for the most liked content

vs. 

Defense Wins Championships last won the day on July 23rd of 2021 for the most liked content!

(step your game ⬆️ son).

I'm way more positive than what guys like you on JN give me credit for ?

PS: I remember back in 2007 (when I was 22 years old) you neg repped me into red status despite the fact that I worked hard for positive feedback back then; and I'm like an elephant with a brain that's never since forgotten...

? ?  ?

Barack_Obama_drops_the_mic.gif

im-schmart-and-i-want-reschpect.jpg

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Make that 1,001, bitch.

Thnx you kindly sir but I like you and consider you a stand up gentlemen for what you did for Max, his wife and their family so therefore I won't personal attack you in return.

But if anyone else called me a "bitch" I'd be getting sent home on another vacation right now. 

image.png.a3b95331ab33199a82ec2f4d24fd9a4d.png

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’m going to regret this, I’m sure, but tl;dr - with an icon for a document or something - would probably get a lot of use.

Naturally anyone using it on me, no matter how apt the reason, will be banned.

I actually look forward to your longer posts especially in regards to the salary cap because I've never ran into a sports fan who has an understanding of salary cap formula quite like you do and would appreciate you creating a post about Buffalo's cap space for the one's who tell me I'm wrong by claiming they're in salary cap hell (to see who's correct and/or incorrect).

• Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Personally I’m not a fan. I mean, it’s true we root for what’s predominantly been a turd of a team, but I know a lot of people find this emoji gross. It doesn’t have the objectively non vulgar appeal that my username has, for example. 

You’re gross.  We could use your avatar instead. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A.) I don't like how you mentioned my name in this thread and used it within a negative form (without even @Sperm Edwards tagging me in it; as if I wouldn't see it). 

B.) I gave you a thumbs down because of it too. ?

And since I love myself some "STATS" i thought I'd leave you with this...

DWC's JN Statistics: 

1.) Reactions Given

• 876 POTWs ?

• 712 laughter's ?

• 491 blue hearts ?.

• 455 green Arrows ⬆️

• 391 thumbs down ?.

• 53 tears ?

• 46 rolling my eyes ?

(I don't know what laughter really means ala laughing at me ? or laughing with me ? so....)

• Positive reactions given = 1,822.

(Distributed evenly to everyone here on JN). 

• Negative reactions given = 490

(mostly to one specific poster who I'm not allowed to quote anymore). 

2.) Reactions Received =

• 3,042 green arrows ⬆️

• 1,000 thumbs down ?

• 876 POTW's ?

• 664 laughters ?

• 593 blue hearts ?

• 167 rolling their eyes ? 

• 61 tears ?

Positive Reactions Received = 4,511.

(From hundreds of different posters). 

Negative Reactions Received = 1,228

(All from only a handful of 5-7 posters who I consider DWC fans who negative rep my every thought). 

Sperm Edwards last won the day on February 25th of 2019 for the most liked content

vs. 

Defense Wins Championships last won the day on July 23rd of 2021 for the most liked content!

(step your game ⬆️ son).

I'm way more positive than what guys like you on JN give me credit for ?

PS: I remember back in 2007 (when I was 22 years old) you neg repped me into red status despite the fact that I worked hard for positive feedback back then; and I'm like an elephant with a brain that's never since forgotten...

? ?  ?

Barack_Obama_drops_the_mic.gif

Gun to head emoji

• Haha 4