OT: New JN post rep emoji ideas

16 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

? ? ?? ?

image.thumb.png.a6fc4a75e6c6dc443f5bf39f4cd892f3.png

SmashMouth

Join date = 2009. 

Post Count = 23,894. 

Days that SmashMouth has Won the JN's Most Liked Post Award = 3

(and hasn't won one since dating back to 2016 of 5 years ago). 

Vs. 

DWC: 

Join Date = 2018. 

Post Count = 5,537. 

Days that DWC has Won the JN's Most Liked Post Award = 3

(and hasn't won one since dating back to only July of last month of 2021).

image.png.9c20207c80e555e3940896cb77afb9ec.png

Wow, just wow. 3 huh impressive!

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Close, you forgot humor, my slight tweaks:

? = agree, good, +1 rep

?= fun, hilarious, +1 rep

?= potw, +2 rep

? = disagree, bad, -1 rep

?= gross, not funny, -1 rep

?= awful, -2 rep

♥️= compassion, no rep

@Sperm Edwards

See, my real issue with the poop emojis posted is they’re too friendly to be twice as bad as a thumbs-down. It’d have to be without the happy face. 

Make us a green turd? Or greenish brown — something unappealing so it doesn’t look like St. Patty’s Day inspired soft serve ice cream. I could furnish you with some inspiration that my dog leaves behind after getting into the Greenies box. Or are you more of a poo purist, where it’s go brown or go home?

Poo is still not my favorite idea for double down-vote, but others seem to like it.

Also I still like a WTF or facepalm rather than, say, the “gross/not-funny” one. Also wtf - or any down-vote, really - could be used in those situations, too.

You’re the artist; if we did a wtf what would you make the icon?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz_FJ-3AfEdhSS_Q8DVGrimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwFZMQhN8T9rbVm-Nc5laimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_aPwet_ZuWUiM0YeAtO-12327856-small.pngimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMBgFI29Q_Y8bP2p11y7qimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_X31-HnU_DxGeCKtvuDy

Or is wtf just a turd icon lol?

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or is wtf just a turd icon lol?

You’re asking an ape if there’s something he likes throwing more than poop?

Joking aside, smiling poop is perfect - reps awful, but stays cordial. Remember how the buttfumble hurt feelings?

WTF to me is ?‍♂️ a shrug or ?‍♂️ a facepalm.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re asking an ape if there’s something he likes throwing more than poop?

Joking aside, smiling poop is perfect - reps awful, but stays cordial. Remember how the buttfumble hurt feelings?

WTF to me is ?‍♂️ a shrug or ?‍♂️ a facepalm.

sorry but poop is not cordial :) Next....

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

? ? ?? ?

image.thumb.png.a6fc4a75e6c6dc443f5bf39f4cd892f3.png

SmashMouth

Join date = 2009. 

Post Count = 23,894. 

Days that SmashMouth has Won the JN's Most Liked Post Award = 3

(and hasn't won one since dating back to 2016 of 5 years ago). 

Vs. 

DWC: 

Join Date = 2018. 

Post Count = 5,537. 

Days that DWC has Won the JN's Most Liked Post Award = 3

(and hasn't won one since dating back to only July of last month of 2021).

image.png.9c20207c80e555e3940896cb77afb9ec.png

As long as we’re whipping out our dicks over things we should actually be embarrassed by…

Days Won = 93

conor mcgregor world GIF

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

sorry but poop is not cordial :) Next....

I’d tend to agree. Plus I know it’ll eventually lead to some geniuses posting photos of the real thing.

The more I think about it, do we even need a 2x down vote? I can name a few posters here who used to obnoxiously jump right to the -10x buttfumble every time there was a post/poster they didn’t like, in post after post. I think the single thumbs down is uncordial enough, where one’s emoji-opinion is adequately communicated.

TBH I see more need for an emoji that merely says “I disagree” less strongly and disrespectfully than the thumbs-down; not an emoji to convey it more. There are plenty of posts I don’t agree with, but I almost never use the thumbs down because it feels even that’s too strong for a mild difference of opinion, despite the seemingly/comparatively tame graphic.

For a stronger “I don’t like or disagree with your post” sentiment than that…hey, there’s always the reply button. 

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.thumb.png.dcdb55b4471bbaa89bd39f4e9159a0f3.png

Like too many others, yet another thread has gotten DWC-derailed enough as it is. A couple replies? Fine. A page or more full of them? Not fine.

As a compromise, further replies to your post or person in this thread will be hidden, so I'm going to let you get the above last word/image in here. 

Please don't reply to this. Instead, and in keeping with the topic, if you'd like to convey how you think I'm handling it, use the emoji vote. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sperm Edwards: "The thumbs-down is fine. We need this for DWC and Kevin to use like it’s oxygen, but more importantly, to be used upon them".

Maybe you shouldn't have included my name in your original post and I wouldn't have never entered your "emoji" thread to begin with? 

Not cool. 

But you don't have to worry about me posting in your thread again because I come here to talk Football man not "emoji's' dude.

(I just don't appreciate how you mentioned my name when I'm way more positive than negative and hand out way more positive up votes than negative ones).

@Sperm Edwards

how about

???

lock, dump, banana

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Like too many others, yet another thread has gotten DWC-derailed enough as it is. A couple replies? Fine. A page or more full of them? Not fine.

As a compromise, further replies to your post or person in this thread will be hidden, so I'm going to let you get the above last word/image in here. 

Please don't reply to this. Instead, and in keeping with the topic, if you'd like to convey how you think I'm handling it, use the emoji vote. 

Ovation GIF

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

As long as we’re whipping out our dicks over things we should actually be embarrassed by…

Days Won = 93

conor mcgregor world GIF

Oh, yeah?

TeddEY:

5,318 days on JetNation ÷ 93 days won = 0.017 days won/day

SFWC:

2,191 days on JetNation ÷ 46 days won = 0.02 days won/day

Animated GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

TBH I see more need for an emoji that merely says “I disagree” less strongly and disrespectfully than the thumbs-down; not an emoji to convey it more. There are plenty of posts I don’t agree with, but I almost never use the thumbs down because it feels even that’s too strong for a mild difference of opinion, despite the seemingly/comparatively tame graphic.

I, myself, also just about never use the downvote for posts I simply disagree with, and almost exclusively reserve it for posters I don't like. Or just for the lulz.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1