***The Official New York Jets @ New York Giants Game Thread (7:30pm)***

Ghost

Late to the party here and haven’t seen anything other than a handful of plays I could find on Twitter.

That said, the long 3rd down play to Kroft are the plays that make me very hopeful for Wilson.  Darnold and Sanchez and lots of Young QBs don’t look that comfortable in clean pockets, let alone when the walls are closing in.  That’s the kind of stuff you can’t really teach and easily project.  That calmness and then delivery, that’s the good stuff.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Really? You don’t know why people keep trying to make sense of it? 

I guess you got it covered 

Clearly 

I thought taking Mims in the Top 25 last year was well within reason.

Nabbing him just inside the Top 60 I thought was an absolute steal.

But sometimes these things don’t work out.

All we have to really go by at this point are TC reports and the very game that we’re currently watching.

And anyone trying to pretend that the only reason Mims is constantly running with the 3rd team offense is due to a numbers game or a case of food poisoning is a jackass.

Davis, Cole, Moore, Crowder and arguably both of the Smith boys are performing at a more consistent level…nevermind Berrios who is essentially a lock thanks to his PR ability and as a decent backup option out of the slot.

As I said, Mims still probably makes the roster as the 5th/6th guy over a Vyncint or Jeff Smith. But I’m sure as hell not expecting much at this point and I absolutely expect him to be fighting for his life come next offseason.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Encouraging to say the least. 

the overall competence and fluidity in both the offense and defense was really refreshing and invigorating. We had solid drives and applied Defensive pressure. 

I didn’t see the infamous  “busted coverages” by a team that consists of young players - indicating we have competence in the CS that can teach and coach up raw talent to flourish In a scheme that suits their natural talents. 

this is almost mind-boggling: how much more competent of a team we have under JD and Saleh.

• Post of the Week 2

Here's what I had in the 1st half....probably missed some

OFFENSE (24)

• QB - WIlson, White
  • RB - Johnson, Carter
  • TE - Herndon, Kroft, Wesco (FB), Griffin
  • WR - Davis, Cole, Crowder, V Smith, J Smith, Malone, Mims
  • OL - Becton, Feeney, McGovern, Van Roten, Moses, McDermott, Murray, Levin, Fant

DEFENSE (28)

• DL - Lawson, Fatukasi, Shepherd, Franklin Myers, Huff,  Smart, Dwumfour, Zuniga, Rasheed, Marshall, Valoaga
  • LB -Mosley, Davis, Nasilrildeen, Cashman, Sherwood, Phillips
  • DB - Hall, Austin, Maye, Joyner, Echols, Jackson, Carter II, Neasman, Lewis, Hassell, Jackson,
  • Upvote 3

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Late to the party here and haven’t seen anything other than a handful of plays I could find on Twitter.

That said, the long 3rd down play to Kroft are the plays that make me very hopeful for Wilson.  Darnold and Sanchez and lots of Young QBs don’t look that comfortable in clean pockets, let alone when the walls are closing in.  That’s the kind of stuff you can’t really teach and easily project.  That calmness and then delivery, that’s the good stuff.

Exactly this. I saw that play and expected a fall back duck aka The Darnold Special. Instead he climbed and delivered a good pas with chaos around him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Here's what I had in the 1st half....probably missed some

OFFENSE (24)

• QB - WIlson, White
  • RB - Johnson, Carter
  • TE - Herndon, Kroft, Wesco (FB), Griffin
  • WR - Davis, Cole, Crowder, V Smith, J Smith, Malone, Mims
  • OL - Becton, Feeney, McGovern, Van Roten, Moses, McDermott, Murray, Levin, Fant

DEFENSE (28)

• DL - Lawson, Fatukasi, Shepherd, Franklin Myers, Huff,  Smart, Dwumfour, Zuniga, Rasheed, Marshall, Valoaga
  • LB -Mosley, Davis, Nasilrildeen, Cashman, Sherwood, Phillips
  • DB - Hall, Austin, Maye, Joyner, Echols, Jackson, Carter II, Neasman, Lewis, Hassell, Jackson,

Surprised we haven't seen Perine yet. Is he hurt?

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Tebow is big as hell and can’t block worth a sh1t. I only get the Jax and Fins game so I’m watching Jax and reading this. 

Same. But my wife is giving me stinkeye, so I think I'll be listening to the Jets game on my phone while she watches Dr. Pol perform cow removal or something. 

• Haha 3