***The Official New York Jets @ New York Giants Game Thread (7:30pm)***

Ghost

I won't even be upset if Elijah Moore doesn't play because that kid is absolute fire (preseason game or not) and it'll give Denzel Mims an even bigger opportunity to shine. 

I'm fired up and can't wait to see Zach Wilson for a couple of series + how our soon to be top 1-3 NFL Defense looks under coach SALEH!

You know who I'm really A+ fired up for? James Morgan. If this kid lights it up 3x during the preseason? His trade value automatically becomes 2nd round status. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I won't even be upset if Elijah Moore doesn't play because that kid is absolute fire (preseason game or not) and it'll give Denzel Mims an even bigger opportunity to shine. 

I'm fired up and can't wait to see Zach Wilson for a couple of series + how our soon to be top 1-3 NFL Defense looks under coach SALEH!

You know who I'm really A+ fired up for? James Morgan. If this kid lights it up 3x during the preseason? His trade value automatically becomes 2nd round status. 

If you were on our Zoom call, you were checking in and out, I was screaming for Morgan to be the pick before he was taken.  I followed him a bit at Florida International and thought he was worth a flier for our backup, either long term or to turn into a higher pick down the road.  He's big and has a big arm.  I like that Im hearing hes been outplaying White this camp, especially since Morgan didnt have a camp as a rookie or got any real practice time since we had to carry so many QBs because of COVID a year ago.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you were on our Zoom call, you were checking in and out, I was screaming for Morgan to be the pick before he was taken.  I followed him a bit at Florida International and thought he was worth a flier for our backup, either long term or to turn into a higher pick down the road.  He's big and has a big arm.  I like that Im hearing hes been outplaying White this camp, especially since Morgan didnt have a camp as a rookie or got any real practice time since we had to carry so many QBs because of COVID a year ago.  

I was begging for Gabriel Davis speed burning WR from down here in Florida (UCF) and I've never heard the name Janes Morgan a day in my life because I don't think I've ever watched an FIU game (but that's why I'm just a fan and not an NFL scout).

I hated the James Morgan pick. And I trashed Joe Douglas for it on draft night. 

However. Joe Douglas was playing chess and not checkers because in 2020 he was preparing for 2021 and beyond. He drafted Becton round one and knew by drafting Janes Morgan in the 4th he'd become 2021's backup QB.

I love the move now because I'm so tired of career losing mediocre backups such as Fitzpatrick in our locker room and I want the next homegrown Jimmy G/Foles to develop into a future 2nd round pick (Janes Morgan).

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I like him just fine.

This is just a reflection of the cycle we, as fans, always follow. Also, it’s a wise crack.

Fair enough, I just want to give this kid a chance around here.  

Far too many people - not saying you - are just looking for a reason to pounce on him. 

They would rather be right than see him succeed. 

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I was begging for Gabriel Davis speed burning WR from down here in Florida (UCF) and I've never heard the name Janes Morgan a day in my life because I don't think I've ever watched an FIU game (but that's why I'm just a fan and not an NFL scout).

I hated the James Morgan pick. And I trashed Joe Douglas for it on draft night. 

However. Joe Douglas was playing chess and not checkers because in 2020 he was preparing for 2021 and beyond. He drafted Becton round one and knew by drafting Janes Morgan in the 4th he'd become 2021's backup QB.

I love the move now because I'm so tired of career losing mediocre backups such as Fitzpatrick in our locker room and I want the next homegrown Jimmy G/Foles to develop into a future 2nd round pick (Janes Morgan).

I agree. Something else to keep in mind about Morgan. Even though he's technically not a rookie, with the absolute lack of any significant work that he had last year, you could make the honest case that he was way beyond Zack coming into camp. Zack had a fiull season, plus the whole pre- draft process. I did watch Morgan play a bit his last two seasons in college. He can play.

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I had a deep sea fishing trip today in Ocean City. I canceled and lost my $160 deposit so I can watch these fools. If they cannot impress me, I’m sending Woody an email demanding my $160. 

that's why I go inshore............

FullSizeR1_3.thumb.jpg.f037ffe3800a74d2f47ecb9f64018633.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

If you’re going to be the one starting the *** Official *** thread, you better be able to support it by providing some commentary, thoughts and links to articles. Folks give @Defense Wins Championships grief, but he keeps the conversations going with good information and personal thoughts 

Where's that emoji poop when you need it?????

@Sperm Edwards

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I can’t seem to find a way to watch the game live so I expect those of you that do to do a nice job here letting a big brother know what’s going on. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. 

Just do a trial of Game Pass and watch on a computer, phone or app on your TV

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Just do a trial of Game Pass and watch on a computer, phone or app on your TV

Just be aware that you have to give a credit card number and you have to manually cancel it afterwards otherwise it automatically bills the season.

NFL are C******kers when it comes to cash.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

we’re only a few hours away from “just seeing what he can get away with” becoming the new “needs more weapons” and “haven’t drafted OL in 8 years” and “new OC every year”.

Who says this is preseason? You are already in regular season form, my man! lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Depends if you are going out with friends, family, girlfriend/wife? Also, how much do you value your life? ?

All of the above hahaha.  I could reverse the clock on my age though and act like a petulant child by screaming “it’s my birthday, we do what I WANT”.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Celebrating the big 2-8 today by going out to dinner at the one restaurant with no TVs.  Do I dare stream it at the table and ruin the night with football???

plotting season 12 GIF

Congrats.  Happy Birthday.  I have towels stained with my tears during/after Jet losses older than you.

• Haha 3