Every Snap from Zach Wilson vs NY Giants

There's nothing I can say about Zach Wilson's performance that hasn't already been mentioned; I loved everything about his game and can't wait to see how he looks with both of Alijah Vera-Tucker and Elijah Moore @ LG and WR. 

@bla bla bla thank you man because watching this video I was able to rewind after every play and there are three observations that I'd like to share with JN. 

1.) Mekhi Becton is already the most dominant Jets player I've ever seen since dating back to #24 Darrelle Revis of his prime because just how Revis shut down his side of the field? Mekhi Becton absolutely dominates the entire left side of the football field; it's unreal. 

2.) Morgan Moses. Why isn't anyone talking about him? He dominated the right side of the field and because of him we were also able to run right. In pass protection he was a ? wall and in run blocking he was a ? wall of an animal. Going from an awful Fant to Moses is A++. 

3.) Did anyone see Zack Wilson's jersey? It was clean. He wasn't touched. And his pocket to throw the football was the size of Becton/Moses combined. I've never before witnessed a Jets QB enjoy a pocket the size of Wilson's last night. Ever. Becton @ LT and Moses @ RT? Zach Wilson will never feel pressure from the outside (ever). 

Unfortunately Trevor Lawrence can not say the same because A.) He doesn't have Mekhi Becton @ LT, B.) He doesn't have Morgan Moses @ RT and C.) He's going to struggle (bad) as a rookie because of it. 

(link below is Trevor Lawrence getting sacked 2x and making a couple of really bad throws). 

This Jets offense is soon to be forreal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

So encouraging to see an offense running from under centre most of the time and a QB looking so comfortable doing it….some motions in there too, it feels like we might actually have something exciting to watch on offense for the first time what feels like about 25 years 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

thanks for posting this - I wasn't able to watch yesterday. Nice to see Wilson looking comfortable out there and not wetting the bed in his first pro action. I know it's easier on the o-line in preseason facing more vanilla fronts but one thing that stood out to me watching this was how clean the pockets looked in general for Wilson - seems much improved. We have really nice bookend tackles for the first time since Ferguson/Woody.

• Upvote 2

One thing jumped out at me was how conservative he played. Looked like the plan was to go out there, keep it super simple and get a feel for the NFL game. We didn't see him create extra time and make plays, throw from awkward angles with pin point accuracy, scramble, we didn't even see him go deep. I know the offense revolves around the run, quick passes and PA but it should also be super creative. I wonder if they open up the playbook a little before the regular season so Zach can get a better feel for some of the more difficult to execute stuff.  

Oh, and Becton looked like a monster. Had to re-watch that just to see. 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

One thing jumped out at me was how conservative he played. Looked like the plan was to go out there, keep it super simple and get a feel for the NFL game. We didn't see him create extra time and make plays, throw from awkward angles with pin point accuracy, scramble, we didn't even see him go deep. I know the offense revolves around the run, quick passes and PA but it should also be super creative. I wonder if they open up the playbook a little before the regular season so Zach can get a better feel for some of the more difficult to execute stuff.  

Then you watch fields, scrambling every other play, he fumbled once and scored on another run.  That’s who fields is.  The jets don’t want wilson ad libbing and getting nailed.  They have enough weapons, Wilson’s job early is to make good decisions, protect the ball and move the chains.  Keep it simple.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Then you watch fields, scrambling every other play, he fumbled once and scored on another run.  That’s who fields is.  The jets don’t want wilson ad libbing and getting nailed.  They have enough weapons, Wilson’s job early is to make good decisions, protect the ball and move the chains.  Keep it simple.

the best case scenario for this season probably looks a lot like last night. Lean on the run game, don't ask him to do a ton and be efficient with what he has to do. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

They gave him a bunch of scripted predetermined reads which he executed ok.   Pretty much what I expected to see, hopefully they build on this because once there is more tape on him, this could be problematic.  

Yeah 1 read, get it out, dink and dunk vs D playing blanket coverage vs back ups.  Typical preseason crap.  That said, he looked to have real good command of the offense and a nice rhythm going with a seemingly growing connection with Davis so I was encouraged by that alone.  

Going to be very interesting to see this offense in a real game.  They seem to want to get a lot of players involved.  Nice change from Frank Gore up the gut over and over again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

the best case scenario for this season probably looks a lot like last night. Lean on the run game, don't ask him to do a ton and be efficient with what he has to do. 

Probably but if you put moore in there, the jets suddenly have legit speed to stretch the field.  Plus they have a powerful OL to push in the run game so that should create some intriguing one on one matchups downfield.  I think the jets are going to take their shots downfield as they develop the younger wrs, wilson and allow the rbs to operate in space.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah 1 read, get it out, dink and dunk vs D playing blanket coverage vs back ups.  Typical preseason crap.  That said, he looked to have real good command of the offense and a nice rhythm going with a seemingly growing connection with Davis so I was encouraged by that alone.  

Going to be very interesting to see this offense in a real game.  They seem to want to get a lot of players involved.  Nice change from Frank Gore up the gut over and over again. 

He didn't look overwhelmed. That's a win. Lance and Fields both looked poor. So win for the Jets scouts for now.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Whatever you say Justin.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

These plays were scripted as well, as we saw at the green white scrimmage, when Zach was running the scripted plays he looked much better than when they went “live”.   The real test will come when he plays more than two drives and LaFleur is making adjustments based on what the defense is doing.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Whatever you say Justin.

Did you see the TD pass? Hellen Keller could of thrown it. 

absolutely no disrespect towards Fields but my god the TE back peddles into the end zone, it was blown coverage from 3rd string Miami defenders.

Wait until he has to face the NFC’s best. I wouldn’t of enjoyed hearing my QB say that in the post game presser.

• Sympathy 1