Every Snap from Zach Wilson vs NY Giants

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

These plays were scripted as well, as we saw at the green white scrimmage, when Zach was running the scripted plays he looked much better than when they went “live”.   The real test will come when he plays more than two drives and LaFleur is making adjustments based on what the defense is doing.  

I would think that having trouble with plays when he has less time to pre-process them will be the easiest thing to improve.  It's literally just becoming more comfortable with the playbook.  It's not even a "oh he's the first one in he's a film junky he has a photographic memory" nonsense that they say about everyone - it's not a lot for a professional QB to internalize the play book as they have more time with it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Did you see the TD pass? Hellen Keller could of thrown it. 

absolutely no disrespect towards Fields but my god the TE back peddles into the end zone, it was blown coverage from 3rd string Miami defenders.

Wait until he has to face the NFC’s best. I wouldn’t of enjoyed hearing my QB say that in the post game presser.

I love my quarterback cocky, but maybe not in the press. 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

One thing jumped out at me was how conservative he played. Looked like the plan was to go out there, keep it super simple and get a feel for the NFL game. We didn't see him create extra time and make plays, throw from awkward angles with pin point accuracy, scramble, we didn't even see him go deep. I know the offense revolves around the run, quick passes and PA but it should also be super creative. I wonder if they open up the playbook a little before the regular season so Zach can get a better feel for some of the more difficult to execute stuff.  

Oh, and Becton looked like a monster. Had to re-watch that just to see. 

Which is sensible…Rome wasn’t built in a day

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PepPep said:

Looked like the plan was to go out there, keep it super simple and get a feel for the NFL game.

That's a good plan. Baby steps. The thing to worry about is if they keep falling over, but he handled his first action well. This is exactly what I would do if I were a coach, just try and get the kid confident and then layer more and more stuff in as the weeks go by. 

As a Bills fan I obviously don't want him to be TOO good but I also don't do that thing of running down another team's QB just for the hell of it. I saw an interview with WIlson a few days ago and he talked about his struggles in camp and said he was just seeing what he can get away with now before the action gets real. It was a great answer and exactly what you'd like to hear from your rookie QB. It's stuff like that which makes me think the kid is going to succeed. Physical talent isn't enough at this level, you need it between the ears as well

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1