Sam Darnold sits 1st preseason game

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A team is finally doing something that Jets couldn’t do, protect him.

Why does it bother so many people that people are still interested in Darnold? Im neither a Darnold lover or hater but a lot of my fandom was hitched to him, so yes I’m curious to how he is doing

I have vast powers but, unfortunately, this exceeds them. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

are they kidding me? what is he Tom Brady. oh wait even he played yesterday.

i guess he doesnt need any practice..... LMFAO.. HAHAHAHAHA

Lol I saw an article where they were basically saying Friday was his first good practice.

• Haha 4

Analyst on NFLN made a funny joke saying Darnold sitting out is like getting your friend a job and they call in sick the first day lmao. Said if Brady and Mahomes played then there is no excuse to sit out. But that's Sam for you. Sits the combine now this.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol I saw an article where they were basically saying Friday was his first good practice.

this only benefits us if he not ready. 

so its not only Joe Judge but now Matt Rhule who sits there QB who really could use some work. we will see how this works out in week 1. hopefully not too good

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

are they kidding me? what is he Tom Brady. oh wait even he played yesterday.

i guess he doesnt need any practice..... LMFAO.. HAHAHAHAHA

So are you saying it was Darnold’s decision to sit or was it Rhule’s? 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

got this from panthers.com

Darnold's practices against the Colts were a decent summation of his time with the Panthers so far. During Thursday's practice, things looked rather loose, and head coach Matt Rhule said a bad day by the receivers made it look worse than it was. They're trying to keep everything from being about Darnold, making it easier for him to meet expectations.

"I thought Sam was the least of our problems," Rhule said Thursday. "The main thing with Sam, don't turn it over, protect the ball, and I thought we did that. Just a play or two away from a couple of deep balls. So we've just got to connect on those."

Friday was better. There was an interception, but also a number of good throws. Darnold's work has been mostly solid. Fine. Not always great. But never disastrous. OK, not outstanding, and he keeps coming back to the things he has to improve.

"For me personally, I just have to be quicker with my eyes, make better decisions," he said. "I think that's just it. Being clearer with my reads, and if something's not there, check it down. That's me personally.

"Just too many mental errors (Thursday), and I think we learned from that today."

yeah that sounds like someone who doesnt need to play today lol

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So are you saying it was Darnold’s decision to sit or was it Rhule’s? 

im saying it was Rhule. he sat the whole 1st team like the Giants. im saying i think its a mistake to sit Sam. he obviously needs the work.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Analyst on NFLN made a funny joke saying Darnold sitting out is like getting your friend a job and they call in sick the first day lmao. Said if Brady and Mahomes played then there is no excuse to sit out. But that's Sam for you. Sits the combine now this.

This might surprise you, (and apparently that analyst) but the HC decides whether he plays or not.

• Post of the Week 1

Daniel Jones didn’t start last night either. Giant’s head coach Joe Judge treated the like the old 4th preseason game to evaluate backups and back end players. Maybe Matt Ruhl is doing the same thing or maybe there is a problem the Panthers are revealing like an injury or COVID. I’d bet on the former.

• Haha 2

Rhule is trying to artificially pump his confidence, superstar QBs sit, so Sam sits. 

lol at Sam cleaning up bad decisions. That goes back to USC

• Upvote 1

This just seems foolish. Darnold is not a proven player yet. In fact the only thing he's concretely proven is that he is unpolished.  Sam needs all the live practice he can get. Doing decent in camp is not enough to put stock into. He always did good in camp with us, but struggled on gameday. So the logical conclusion is to give Darnold gameday reps.

• Upvote 1

Darnold has played in camp like he did during the 2020 season for us...atrocious. Currently their team management and fans are rationalizing his bad play but deep down they realize that they got the player they watched on tape and his issues are not fixable. I'm sure they are panicking behind the scenes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

All I can say is wow!!!  With one fewer pre-season game how does sitting a
QB who has a ton to prove (Judge/Jones & Rhule/Darnold) help in any way???

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Can u imagine what Saleh and this defense is going to do to Darnold week 1?  Hahahaha.  Its going to be a blood bath.  Sacks, fumbles, inteceptions, bad throws, happy feet etc. Darnold will have the worst game of any starting qb in the league.

And then Sam Darnold lovers will disappear forever on this site.  Only 4 weeks to go.

I like when the former Sam Darnold lovers talk about Sam Darnold lovers disappearing from the site. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, doitny said:

"For me personally, I just have to be quicker with my eyes, make better decisions," he said. "I think that's just it. Being clearer with my reads, and if something's not there, check it down. That's me personally.

I'm so glad this guy is no longer a Jet.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, KRL said:

All I can say is wow!!!  With one fewer pre-season game how does sitting a
QB who has a ton to prove (Judge/Jones & Rhule/Darnold) help in any way???

I’m less impressed by the coaches than the QBs. That’s just plain fear. 

• Upvote 3

I like the approach of protecting your starters on a 17 game season.  Maybe there will be more starters in place on game 2, but games 1 & 3 are going to be vanilla for most part. I think it is a uniformly approach in the league.  Protect your assets for relevant games; if you can't have a good feel where your QB/starters with all the OTAs and practices, then you don't deserve to part of the coaching staff in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's getting the Daniel Jones treatment. Sitting him to protect him from the embarrassment of getting humiliated in a big game. The Giants were facing the Jets and the Panthers are the stand alone game on now. 

There is no other justification for either player not to get at least some work in this weekend. 

Both guys headed to backup QB territory and out of the NFL entirely in three years or less.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.thumb.png.9cca86fe0212c8697eb2faff433c070f.png

There are only 32 NFL starting QBs. 

Sam Darnold ranked 42nd in QB Rating last year (9 backups played better). 

Carolina isn't protecting a struggling QB by not playing him. He needs as much practice as he can get. They're just scared to expose him.

(because he's been atrocious throughout OTA's, Mini-Camp and Training Camp).

image.png.4c1ea39bb12b75f7c7ce25a11e4e1d8d.png

Dude looks like he's confused just trying to THROW a 🏈...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJ1nOGAyzU7S1OKiRhf67

Vs.  

image.thumb.png.8a4f50a83075b5db488185fc618327f0.png

Night and day difference in terms of both confidence and form.

And that's because Sam Darnold was a little league Linebacker practicing how to tackle while heading into High School.

image.thumb.png.7edb9131cec1d873f5302e25f7bf3398.png

One QB is broken both physically and mentally (Sam Darnold) and the other is learning (Zach Wilson).

image.png.3040522dd436f6aca484523d291f1304.png

Joe Douglas fleeced Carolina for a premium 2nd round pick. Sam Darnold is bad. He stinks. 

And not playing/practicing today within a new offense isn't "protecting him". 

I actually  never noticed Wilson grips the ball on the nose and not the back end. 

• Haha 1