Sam Darnold sits 1st preseason game

doitny

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think a lot of people are underestimating what guys like Quinnen Williams, Carl Lawson and CJ Mosley can do in Robert Saleh’s defense. It’s not a stretch to say all 3 are legit Pro Bowl caliber talents in the Jets front 7. And, the supporting cast of guys like JFM, Jarrad Davis, Foley, Hamsah, Rankins, etc  ain’t bad either.

People are sleeping on the upside this D has.

Im not sleeping.  This is a top 10 D easily.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why do you care?

Mods, please move thread to PantherNation.com, thanks.

why are you here? you must care too?

sorry if you dont think the 43rd rank QB last year being one of only a handful of QBs who sat this weekend is something to talk about. same guy we play for real in 3 weeks.

Giants sat Jones too. another guy who needs work. Brady.. Mahomes.. both played.

and Jones and Darnold are by far the worst of the QBs who sat. 

are Judge and Rhule on to something? or are they making a mistake cause they think there smarter than everybody else.

• Upvote 1

some of you people deserve for Wilson to suck ass because of the kind of sh*tty fans you are. lets see who has the last laugh week 1.

moving on....please go back to the 19 million posts from DWC about how every player we have is a HOF, until of course its time to cut them by week 3.

jets fans, rinse, repeat.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

sorry if you dont think the 43rd rank QB last year being one of only a handful of QBs who sat this weekend is something to talk about. same guy we play for real in 3 weeks.

Does he play for us, does his sitting hurt us?  No?  Then so what? 

Some of you really should get over being obsessed with our ex-players every minute detail.  We don't need a "this is what Sam Darnold did today" thread every Sunday all season.

JMO.

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

are Judge and Rhule on to something? or are they making a mistake cause they think there smarter than everybody else.

Probably the later.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

got this from panthers.com

"For me personally, I just have to be quicker with my eyes, make better decisions," he said. "I think that's just it. Being clearer with my reads, and if something's not there, check it down. That's me personally.

"Just too many mental errors (Thursday), and I think we learned from that today."

Still too early to know how good Zach will become or if he will bust, but Sam’s statement indicates to me that Wilson will be better than Darnold. Darnold is on his fourth year and he’s still struggling with his reads and becoming quicker with them? Both are learning new systems but only one is new to the speed of the NFL and got the ball out quickly last night. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Can u imagine what Saleh and this defense is going to do to Darnold week 1?  Hahahaha.  Its going to be a blood bath.  Sacks, fumbles, inteceptions, bad throws, happy feet etc. Darnold will have the worst game of any starting qb in the league.

And then Sam Darnold lovers will disappear forever on this site.  Only 4 weeks to go.

History says Darnold will have his best game against us. The Jets’ historical recipe is there:

1. First game for new regime

2. inexperienced defensive backfield 

3. QB determined to prove his old employer wrong.

4. QB’s new team has a running game capable of imposing its will.

5. Jets implementing new defensive scheme.

Just now, Ian Fleming said:

History says Darnold will have his best game against us. Some of the Jets’ historical recipe is there:

3 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

History says Darnold will have his best game against us. The Jets’ historical recipe is there:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, doitny said:

Darnold's practices against the Colts were a decent summation of his time with the Panthers so far. During Thursday's practice, things looked rather loose, and head coach Matt Rhule said a bad day by the receivers made it look worse than it was. They're trying to keep everything from being about Darnold, making it easier for him to meet expectations.

"I thought Sam was the least of our problems," Rhule said Thursday. "The main thing with Sam, don't turn it over, protect the ball, and I thought we did that. Just a play or two away from a couple of deep balls. So we've just got to connect on those."

Friday was better. There was an interception, but also a number of good throws. Darnold's work has been mostly solid. Fine. Not always great. But never disastrous. OK, not outstanding, and he keeps coming back to the things he has to improve.

"For me personally, I just have to be quicker with my eyes, make better decisions," he said. "I think that's just it. Being clearer with my reads, and if something's not there, check it down. That's me personally.

"Just too many mental errors (Thursday), and I think we learned from that today."

yeah that sounds like someone who doesnt need to play today lol

This is like deja bu

could have been s past jets article

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, doitny said:

Darnold's practices against the Colts were a decent summation of his time with the Panthers so far. During Thursday's practice, things looked rather loose, and head coach Matt Rhule said a bad day by the receivers made it look worse than it was. They're trying to keep everything from being about Darnold, making it easier for him to meet expectations.

"I thought Sam was the least of our problems," Rhule said Thursday. "The main thing with Sam, don't turn it over, protect the ball, ."

yeah that sounds like someone who doesnt need to play today lol

Blame it on the WRs!  Does this sound familiar?  Rhule must have read this message board for the last couple of years.  Of course that would include a guy named Anderson.  Oops... you wanted him, you got him.   

Save Robby!  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

It is beyond ridiculous to hear certain posters talk about the Darnold lovers, when almost all of the threads about him we're started by his detractors. And almost all of the posts are by people who for some strange reason feel compelled to bash him. He's not a Jet. He's a Panther. Maybe we should start threads about Kyler Murray and Mac Jones too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Does he play for us, does his sitting hurt us?  No?  Then so what? 

Some of you really should get over being obsessed with our ex-players every minute detail.  We don't need a "this is what Sam Darnold did today" thread every Sunday all season.

JMO.

Probably the later.

I have to admit that Sam's progress (or lack thereof) interests me.

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Why does it bother so many people that people are still interested in Darnold?

Im neither a Darnold lover or hater but a lot of my fandom was hitched to him, so yes I’m curious to how he is doing elsewhere as apparently are others. What’s the big deal 

There are two teams I’m tracking this year: Carolina and Seattle as they impact the Jet’s draft order. Next year, I don’t care how well they play unless we play them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I feel like we need to have an emergency intervention thread and all be forced to participate and discuss our feelings about our Sammy boy. 

The current obsession with Sam is unhealthy and counterproductive. If you want to obsess - make it Zach, not Sam. Darnold is spilt milk. 

7 hours ago, JRussSha said:

Daniel Jones didn’t start last night either. Giant’s head coach Joe Judge treated the like the old 4th preseason game to evaluate backups and back end players. Maybe Matt Ruhl is doing the same thing or maybe there is a problem the Panthers are revealing like an injury or COVID. I’d bet on the former.

I saw an article where both Sam and coaches said he is having trouble with his field vision and he needs more time in the film room.  It is the same junk that went on with the Jets.  He continues to be an excuse maker.  

"For Darnold, everything seems to come back to that notion of studying every snap he can. After wrapping up Friday's practice, he won't take the field again (other than some pregame warm-ups) until Tuesday when they're back in Spartanburg.

"You've just got to continue to get mental reps in the film room and go about it that way," he said. "Just continue to get better as a team mentally. Obviously stay with it physically, get in the weight room and do all the things to keep my body right.

"I think it's about getting right mentally and making sure I'm on my Ps and Qs in terms of my reads and seeing defenses."

11 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

There are two teams I’m tracking this year: Carolina and Seattle as they impact the Jet’s draft order. Next year, I don’t care how well they play unless we play them. 

Definitely watching Seattle record wanna see them lose. Also not gonna lie I will get some pleasure out of watching addams be on a losing team if that happens. But if they are winning addams being on that team won’t really bother me as much as the kick being lower 

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I feel like we need to have an emergency intervention thread and all be forced to participate and discuss our feelings about our Sammy boy. 

The current obsession with Sam is unhealthy and counterproductive. If you want to obsess - make it Zach, not Sam. Darnold is spilt milk. 

If only we all could have such busy and fulfilling lives pretending medical physicist is a real thing.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

All? 

Only some. 

Put me in the "who cares?" category.

Darnold has almost 40 career NFL starts. A couple of series in a preseason game is literally meaningless. He has two more preseason games and a few weeks of practices left to pick up the offense and get the timing down with his teammates.

I don't fault coaches like Rhule who make this type of decision one bit.

• Upvote 1