Sam Darnold sits 1st preseason game

doitny

10 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Can we start banning people from posting Darnold threads? This is getting ridiculous

If you're irritated right now about Darnald threads, just wait til the regular season starts. Your head is gonna explode.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, doitny said:

Friday was better. There was an interception, but also a number of good throws. Darnold's work has been mostly solid. Fine. Not always great. But never disastrous. OK, not outstanding, and he keeps coming back to the things he has to improve

Ringing enforcement 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:

History says Darnold will have his best game against us. The Jets’ historical recipe is there:

1. First game for new regime

2. inexperienced defensive backfield 

3. QB determined to prove his old employer wrong.

4. QB’s new team has a running game capable of imposing its will.

5. Jets implementing new defensive scheme.

Kind of reminds me of the, new staff, coming off of a 1 win season, doo and gloom predicted on opening day against Seattle, in Seattle, flying cross country to get destroyed and a final score 41-3. 

Only we won.  

10 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Why does it bother so many people that people are still interested in Darnold?

Im neither a Darnold lover or hater but a lot of my fandom was hitched to him, so yes I’m curious to how he is doing elsewhere as apparently are others. What’s the big deal 

It's not that people are interested in him, it's that some of us called him out early and the same people now posting these threads and dunking on Darnold were his most ardent defenders. They spent months and years calling everyone who pointed out he was bad "idiots" and "haters".

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2021 at 1:04 PM, doitny said:

are they kidding me? what is he Tom Brady. oh wait even he played yesterday.

i guess he doesnt need any practice..... LMFAO.. HAHAHAHAHA

I like Rhule and it’s a shame that Sam Darnold is gonna get him fired.

Oh well.  Maybe next time don’t trade a 2 and a 4 and hand a $20M 5th-year option to the worst QB in the league.  

• Upvote 2

On 8/15/2021 at 2:37 PM, Bronx said:

I like the approach of protecting your starters on a 17 game season.  Maybe there will be more starters in place on game 2, but games 1 & 3 are going to be vanilla for most part. I think it is a uniformly approach in the league.  Protect your assets for relevant games; if you can't have a good feel where your QB/starters with all the OTAs and practices, then you don't deserve to part of the coaching staff in the NFL. 

Good thoughts, except Darnold is a 4th year “project QB” and would not be a starter except for the resources spent on him.

Sitting him makes absolutely zero sense.  He needs reps as much as Zach Wilson does, and thats sad and pathetic.

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2021 at 3:44 PM, Warfish said:

Does he play for us, does his sitting hurt us?  No?  Then so what? 

Some of you really should get over being obsessed with our ex-players every minute detail.  We don't need a "this is what Sam Darnold did today" thread every Sunday all season.

JMO.

Probably the later.

see my above post.

On 8/15/2021 at 6:14 PM, genot said:

It is beyond ridiculous to hear certain posters talk about the Darnold lovers, when almost all of the threads about him we're started by his detractors. And almost all of the posts are by people who for some strange reason feel compelled to bash him. He's not a Jet. He's a Panther. Maybe we should start threads about Kyler Murray and Mac Jones too.

We own 2 of Carolinas picks.  Why is everyone forgetting this.

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2021 at 8:45 PM, slimjasi said:

I feel like we need to have an emergency intervention thread and all be forced to participate and discuss our feelings about our Sammy boy. 

The current obsession with Sam is unhealthy and counterproductive. If you want to obsess - make it Zach, not Sam. Darnold is spilt milk. 

It’s not obsession.  We own 2 of Carolina’s picks next year.

I officially feel like I’m taking crazy pills right now.  What alternate reality are the rest of you in?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s not obsession.  We own 2 of Carolina’s picks next year.

I officially feel like I’m taking crazy pills right now.  What alternate reality are the rest of you in?

I mean, we can pretend that people on here are tracking Sam's preseason progress because of a 2nd and 4th round draft pick, but we both know that we are pretending . . .

The fact is that most people on this board are obsessed with being proven right about Sam (this applies to both people who think Darnold sucks as well as those who think he's still going to be awesome)

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I mean, we can pretend that people on here are tracking Sam's preseason progress because of a 2nd and 4th round draft pick, but we both know that we are pretending . . .

The fact is that most people on this board are obsessed with being proven right about Sam (this applies to both people who think Darnold sucks as well as those who think he's still going to be awesome)

I don’t know, am I supposed to feel bad that I want him to explode spectacularly in Carolina?

Sam Darnold ruined football for two years, at least.  I’ll enjoy him doing that elsewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I don’t know, am I supposed to feel bad that I want him to explode spectacularly in Carolina?

Sam Darnold ruined football for two years, at least.  I’ll enjoy him doing that elsewhere.

Fair. 

At least you admit it. 

My personal approach is just to forget that Sam ever existed. He was awful here, that's for sure. I admit that I do get annoyed by "the Jets ruined Sam" motif, but that has more to do with the Jets being a media punching bag than anything else. 

On 8/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, jetstream23 said:

A team is finally doing something that Jets couldn’t do, protect him.

There may be more truth in the joke than you realize. Carolina has serious O-line issues. The have only one stud in RT Moton who they are now trying at LT. 

I’m looking forward to our D-line against their O-line. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Fair. 

At least you admit it. 

My personal approach is just to forget that Sam ever existed. He was awful here, that's for sure. I admit that I do get annoyed by "the Jets ruined Sam" motif, but that has more to do with the Jets being a media punching bag than anything else. 

I just don’t get this position where we’re not supposed to have emotional leanings.  Football fandom is a purely irrational, wholly emotional pursuit.

Let it burn!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 8/16/2021 at 2:48 AM, jeremy2020 said:

It's not that people are interested in him, it's that some of us called him out early and the same people now posting these threads and dunking on Darnold were his most ardent defenders. They spent months and years calling everyone who pointed out he was bad "idiots" and "haters".

I was one of those. I noticed the bad but I thought he would just get it one day and never look back. It never happened. It was somewhere around the Rams game when I realized that Sam would never ever be good in most likelihood.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I was one of those. I noticed the bad but I thought he would just get it one day and never look back. It never happened. It was somewhere around the Rams game when I realized that Sam would never ever be good in most likelihood.

Not predicting he was never going to develop isn't an issue. It's the people who ardently attacked anyone who suggested it and now are dunking on how awful that Darnold are who should be ashamed of themselves. 

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Fair. 

At least you admit it. 

i will admit it too.

for me it was when all the media said Sam will be a good/great QB.

why you ask?

most said because its the jets they never do anything right.

then i checked the carolina board to see how they felt about there new QB.

again most thought he would be good, because were the Jets. 

im sick and tired of my team being a punch line of a joke. i want to see the media and those smug Carolina fans eat there words.

and im not sure if Sam does good and Wilson struggles like most rookies do that it wont bother him. you know those hacks in the media will run stories about maybe we made the wrong choice. i wouldnt be surprised if Cimini has the story sitting on his desk just waiting to see if it comes true to post it.

i dont want to sit here and say IM right, i want US to sit here and say we as a team were right. 

were not the same old Jets anymore. JD and Saleh know what there doing...i hope

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I just don’t get this position where we’re not supposed to have emotional leanings.  Football fandom is a purely irrational, wholly emotional pursuit.

Let it burn!

Oh definitely, but I think getting hung up on an ex is just going to lead to more emotional damage, not less. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Good thoughts, except Darnold is a 4th year “project QB” and would not be a starter except for the resources spent on him.

Sitting him makes absolutely zero sense.  He needs reps as much as Zach Wilson does, and thats sad and pathetic.

Right. That's the thing about Sam that is still really bizarre. People talk about him like he's a rookie, but he has almost 40 career starts. A preseason game shouldn't matter for someone with almost 40 career starts. 

I'm proud of this front office for having the balls to start over and pick a QB at #2 overall. A lot of media folks wanted year 4 of Darnold and front offices of the past would have caved to that pressure. 

• Upvote 2