Practice Updates 8/16.

Lith

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm curious how much Rodgers we'll actually see. He hardly needs the reps and GB seems very interested in getting Love reps. 

Love may be out with sore shoulder this week.  Rodgers will not play Saturday, but he should be out there with first team in the two joint practices.  Those ciold be more meaningful or the Jets D than the game when we likely go up against Kurt Benkert and a guy to be signed tomorrow.  

• Upvote 1

I wonder if they will use the 2nd preseason game like the old 4th preseason game and play mostly players fighting for the final roster spots?

Since there is now an off week after the 3rd and final preseason game, teams will likely play their starters more in the 3rd preseason game - like the "old" 3rd preseason game

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This is brutal.  Zach is the bestest QB ever, that better?  

Remember, half this board has already ordered tickets to Zach's HOF induction ceremony. The fact that he hasn't thrown a pass in an NFL game yet is only a minor detail.

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m here for it. I think this 2nd week is where Wilson takes a considerable jump in his progression with GB coming to down. It’s going to feel a bit like a preseason game for him to be going against corners he’s never seen before. I know it won’t be live action & unscripted drives but just getting out there & throwing against Jaire Alexander & others will be a test in itself.

I’m sure they’ll do a real scrimmage-like activity one the two days.  That’s what I wanna see the most.  Today felt like light day with a bunch of lower depth guys rotating in as a tuneup for the Packers.  I’m excited for Davis on Jaire, Becton on Smith, etc.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, viffer said:

Remember, half this board has already ordered tickets to Zach's HOF induction ceremony. The fact that he hasn't thrown a pass in an NFL game yet is only a minor detail.

It’s just funny how people feel the need to make silly excuses for simply a bad throw in practice.   It can’t just be he made a bad throw.   

Then the predictable “you didn’t want Zach to be drafted anyway” so obviously I’m just hating on him…Lol.  You can’t make it up.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, viffer said:

And 40% are still too hurt to love again. 

And 10% are whiners who probably took a class on nagging from your best friends xwife. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Absolutely no one, and I mean no one, said anything about the “HoF”.  Seems more like the group that wanted nothing to do with him and wanted the other guys still just can’t seem to handle the fact that he’s the QB. 

The draft ended months ago.  Get over it.

A bad throw can just be a bad throw.  Accept that and you’ll be fine. 

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s just funny how people feel the need to make silly excuses for simply a bad throw in practice.   It can’t just be he made a bad throw.   

Then the predictable “you didn’t want Zach to be drafted anyway” so obviously I’m just hating on him…Lol.  You can’t make it up.  

The person your speaking to compared Zach to Josh Rosen and wanted to keep Sam one more year so, yeah, not exactly making anything up over here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

A bad throw can just be a bad throw.  Accept that and you’ll be fine. 

I’ll say it for the second time.  I never said it wasn’t a bad throw.  Bad throws can have reasons as to why they were bad.  That’s all I was saying.

I am growing weary of the over analysis of every throw Zach makes. In the medias mind if Zach throws 6 dimes and 1 bad throw it will be an "up and done day". Especially since we have it double confirmed he will take risks in practice he wont in actual games.

ALL QBs make bad throws. ALL QBs have bad games. The great ones just do it less and have more higher end throws.

I expect Zach to make bad throws, bewildering WTF??? types of throws and INTs and get fooled from time to time. But after seeing his poise and calmness Saturday (which Darnold never ever showed) I am confident there will be way way more good than bad with Zach.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s obvious Wilson needs reps. Don’t see why he can’t play the first half Saturday. The babying of the QB in the preseason then throwing him into the fire week 1…don’t get that rationale.

Did anyone say he is not playing a full half Saturday.  I don't recall seeing any comments from Saleh around playing time for this weekend.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

These hacks are loving it. 

Zach Wilson went 3 consecutive practices without an INT + his preseason game without an INT. 

4 consecutive appearances without an INT and they were CRAVING him to finally make a practice mistake ?

DJ saying "that wasn't a trying to get away with it" hack report is disgusting.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

You don’t have a clue my friend.  

But he does. And he provides important information to the board.  What is the big deal?

I don't get these fights over these ridiculous practice play-by-play tweets. Single plays, or even single practices, are essentially meaningless.  Interpret them the way you want, but too many put waayyyy too much emphasis on a few words jotted on Twitter in a hurry by guys telling you what they think they saw.  These practice threads with these tweets by beat reporters trying to be relevant are becoming absurd.  NFL teams and players vary in their performance from week to week during the regular season.  Expecting consistently good outcomes on play-by-play or day-to-day basis in a training camp practice is just incredibly unreasonable.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m going off of his reps against the Giants. 

It’s tough to gauge which game they’ll use as the “tune up” between the Packers and Eagles weeks.  I’d venture to guess if LaFleur decides to use it as the tune-up week, we’ll follow suit as the joint weeks tend to be joint decisions as well, but who knows now that teams have one less game to evaluate the young bubble guys.  The Jets are also in a weird spot where the vast majority of the roster is young so guys like Echols, for example, are getting reps with the starters and the 2nd and 3rd team.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

But he does. And he provides important information to the board.  What is the big deal?

I don't get these fights over these ridiculous practice play-by-play practice tweets. Single plays, or even single practices, are essentially meaningless.  Interpret them the way you want, but too many put waayyyy too much emphasis on a few words jotted on Twitter in a hurry by guys telling you what they think they saw.  These practice threads with these tweets by beat reporters trying to be relevant are becoming absurd.  NFL teams and players vary in their performance from week to week during the regular season.  Expecting consistently good outcomes on play-by-play or day-to-day basis is just incredibly unreasonable.  

Yup.   Until real action starts, all we have are trends and possibilities.  Never forget Browning Nagel went 5-0 (yes, we played five) in preseason before "leading" the team to a 4-12 record.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am growing weary of the over analysis of every throw Zach makes. In the medias mind if Zach throws 6 dimes and 1 bad throw it will be an "up and done day". Especially since we have it double confirmed he will take risks in practice he wont in actual games.

ALL QBs make bad throws. ALL QBs have bad games. The great ones just do it less and have more higher end throws.

I expect Zach to make bad throws, bewildering WTF??? types of throws and INTs and get fooled from time to time. But after seeing his poise and calmness Saturday (which Darnold never ever showed) I am confident there will be way way more good than bad with Zach.

So far I almost think he learns from his mistakes. That's a good thing. 

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll say it for the second time.  I never said it wasn’t a bad throw.  Bad throws can have reasons as to why they were bad.  That’s all I was saying.

Guys, what are we debating here? a rookie qb can never have a bad throw now? It's like saying a pitcher stinks first time he throws a ball. It's getting ridiculous already, i'm done putting any significance on practice. Just show me in the freaking game who you are.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1