Practice Updates 8/16.

Lith

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Agree.  The only thing I'll suggest is that if you play him that long you need to play the first team OL that long as well.  We can't leave Wilson out there with the 2's like Rex did to Sanchez and ended up getting him hurt.

There should be a smart way to manage this.  I don't want Becton playing a whole first half, but if we keep have Moses and Fant out there at OT then maybe you play Zach most of that first half.  I don't know but I'd like to see the risk managed well in the preseason while also getting these guys some reps.

Beat me to it! :-)

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Agree.  The only thing I'll suggest is that if you play him that long you need to play the first team OL that long as well.  We can't leave Wilson out there with the 2's like Rex did to Sanchez and ended up getting him hurt.

There should be a smart way to manage this.  I don't want Becton playing a whole first half, but if we keep have Moses and Fant out there at OT then maybe you play Zach most of that first half.  I don't know but I'd like to see the risk managed well in the preseason while also getting these guys some reps.

I think he will play a half and one series in one of the games. Seems like the Jets are being traditional and doing the old approach for first 3 games so my guess is it happens in the third game. Maybe he plays halfway into the 2nd qtr this week

16 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Dear DWC,

Please don't represent us on Twitter. Thanks.

Signed,

All of JetNation

Seriously, does the administration need to be made aware that he's doing this?  That sh*t could cause serious long term reputational damage to the brand.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

Key points here on the DL - "We usually activate 8."  That's 4 DEs, 4 DTs.  He also mentioned Shepherd by name.  I had thought with the depth we have here on the inside (QW, Foley, Rankins, rookie Marshall, etc.) Shepherd might be an odd man out.  We'll see.  I'm fearful of trying to put Marshall on the PS.  He could get picked up by another team.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair didn't you post a Trevor wank-a-thon thread when you thought we were going to draft him? Thought that was you. 

I cant remember but was he the same poster who trolled me for an entire season for being critical of Lawrence and complimentary of Fields and then apologized with his tail behind his legs when Fields whipped the floor with him in the playoffs?  Or was that another poster?  Cant remember.  When you battle so many posters and always get it right, it's hard to keep track.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

The ego in this thread is too much for a Monday. 

You all matter, okay.
You’re all important. 
We all care about your thoughts and what you have to say. 

That said, feel free to keep some of those thoughts to yourself. 

-the Board

Thanks Gsexy, if only we could all be as sexy as you.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

So far I almost think he learns from his mistakes. That's a good thing. 

I agree, I did think the same of Sam for a while.

I was super pro Sam and it took me 2.5 years to realize he was just not good.

I am trying to be more impartial with Zach but failing. To my eyes he looks like 3X the prospect of Sam

11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Lmao…people were talking about Elijah Moore back in September and October of last year.  You’re hardly some visionary.  

@Chrebetfan80 was probably the first to talk him up.   Well before you did your box score scouting report.  Try again Philly. 

The funny part is we can all use the search feature, and see that DWC was a later comer/commenter on Moore.

There were a number of people here (not me, to be clear) talking him up before DWC.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Its so weird. Maybe its just because our QBs have been poor protecting the football since Chad (or atleast since the advent of our practices being covered on Twitter), but don't people throw pics in practice all the time when they are trying new stuff? 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/brady-you-gotta-make-mistakes

Sound familiar?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The funny part is we can all use the search feature, and see that DWC was a later comer/commenter on Moore.

There were a number of people here (not me, to be clear) talking him up before DWC.

Agreed.   That’s because all he does is look at stat lines.  Every post is about stats, stats, stats.   When Moore finally accumulated all of those stats, garnered all of that attention as the leading receiver in the SEC, he finally comes around and declares greatness..Lol.   I’m not sure why JD hasn’t  come calling for him yet.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Okay...it's just too easy to go back and fact check.  These are all quotes of yours from the draft period.

"• And I'm also taking Terrace Marshall Jr./Rondale Moore over Trey Lance in the 2nd. "

"I love Terrance Marshall Jr too but Rondale Moore reminds me of a Tyreek Hill type of playmaker @ WR. His speed is unreal. "

"I'll get behind and be excited for either one of Wilson/Fields but I'll become A+ electric if we draft Najee Harris/Travis Etienne with our Seattle pick (Jamal Adams) followed by either one of Terrace Marshall Jr/Rondale Moore with our 2nd round pick. "

What you seem to do is post so many threads taking so many positions that you can always claim you called it.  But the reality here is you wanted Rondale Moore (or Mashall) more than Elijah Moore.  There was no begging for Elijah Moore.  Trust me there are many more posts to this effect.  You want to be taken seriously by the community here?  Slow your roll.  Stop trying to show everyone how smart you were in the past (especially when the evidence goes a different way).  Talk about today and tomorrow instead.  It will go over far better.  

Oh sh*t!!!  This makes me A+ excited because I'm crazed nycdan fan and have been begging him to post more lately and I'm glad he finally listened to me with my super duper persuasive posting techniques and writing styles that I developed in my English class in in 2001 that the A+ teacher Mr. Sullivan taught!  He wasnt just a teacher, he tough me life lessons and is the reason I have the job I have now and can afford to put food on the table and house over my families head with a few bets on the side for straight cash.  And now, because of me, he is posting more because he has some crazy amazing awesome talent and as a die hard passionate ultimate Jets fan who crazed lover of NYC and Dan's, this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sorry.

I won't post any more of my Twitter love here in Training Camp anymore.

I was just trying to act like Cimini and DJ (Jr). with my "Twitter posts". 

Nah, you wanted Harris and Marshall.  

I love mock drafts and read every thread about them and you were always vocal about and took Marshall over Moore.  

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Oh sh*t!!!  This makes me A+ excited because I'm crazed nycdan fan and have been begging him to post more lately and I'm glad he finally listened to me with my super duper persuasive posting techniques and writing styles that I developed in my English class in in 2001 that the A+ teacher Mr. Sullivan taught!  He wasnt just a teacher, he tough me life lessons and is the reason I have the job I have now and can afford to put food on the table and house over my families head with a few bets on the side for straight cash.  And now, because of me, he is posting more because he has some crazy amazing awesome talent and as a die hard passionate ultimate Jets fan who crazed lover of NYC and Dan's, this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this just an attempt at humor I'm not getting?  Or are you going out of your way to mock me in a thread that had nothing to do with you?  

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Key points here on the DL - "We usually activate 8."  That's 4 DEs, 4 DTs.  He also mentioned Shepherd by name.  I had thought with the depth we have here on the inside (QW, Foley, Rankins, rookie Marshall, etc.) Shepherd might be an odd man out.  We'll see.  I'm fearful of trying to put Marshall on the PS.  He could get picked up by another team.

I still have Shepherd/Marshall on the bubble, but I am hoping Marshall takes the spot from him.  He staked a nice claim to it on Saturday night, but that was against Giants 2s/3s.  I guess if you want to play with the big boys, you should dominate back-ups which Marshall did.

I hope he gets some reps against 1s and 2s between the joint practices this week and the game on Saturday.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Beautiful play.  Davis has pretty good coverage, Wilson put it where only Carter could make a play and a real nice adjustment to the ball in the air.  

If you get a defense in the look you want then a wheel route to a guy like Carter can be absolutely lethal.

I was in the stadium at Super Bowl XLIX, sitting in the upper deck endzone where Wilson threw the INT to Malcolm Butler.  The play that partially set that whole situation up was a great wheel route to Marshawn Lynch.  I had one of those eye-in-the-sky All-22 type views as that play developed.  It showed just how vulnerable a very good Patriots D could be if they don't execute a pickup and coverage perfectly (and Marshawn wasn't known as a speed demon).  If you can get LBs to bite with play-action and clear out part of the field by running your WRs towards the opposite side it can be a home run.

2:05 mark....

47 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The reality is that you're wrong. 

I wanted Elijah Moore more than any WR.

I was the first Jets fan to EVER create a thread about him too. 

Yes. I liked Chase (LSU), TE Pitts (Florida), Waddle (Alabama), Smith (Alabama), Marshall Jr. (LSU), Batemam (Minnesota), Moore (Purdue) and Wallace (Oklahoma State) too etc but I loved Elijah Moore over all of them. 

I created that post in December of 2020. 

And at the time Elijah Moore was being slept on and wasn't even being mocked first two rounds. 

I've always loved Elijah Moore more then any other 2020 WR prospect and my thread (above) clearly goes to show that.

(funny how you left that thread out too).

I sincerely hope this really is Shane doing an epic troll job, because it saddens me to think this is a real person.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Alfred Hitchcock Art GIF by hoppip

Notifications

1. Defense Wins Championships
  2. Defense Wins Championships
  3. Defense Wins Championships
  4. Defense Wins Championships
  5. Defense Wins Championships
  6. Defense Wins Championships
  7. Defense Wins Championships
  8. Defense Wins Championships
  9. Defense Wins Championships
  10. Defense Wins Championships
  11. Defense Wins Championships
  12. Defense Wins Championships
  13. Defense Wins Championships
  14. Defense Wins Championships
  15. Defense Wins Championships
  16. Defense Wins Championships
  17. Defense Wins Championships
  18. Defense Wins Championships
  19. Defense Wins Championships
  20. Defense Wins Championships
  21. Defense Wins Championships
  22. Defense Wins Championships
  23. Defense Wins Championships
  24. Defense Wins Championships
  25. Defense Wins Championships
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I agree, I did think the same of Sam for a while.

I was super pro Sam and it took me 2.5 years to realize he was just not good.

I am trying to be more impartial with Zach but failing. To my eyes he looks like 3X the prospect of Sam

I'm similar.  But what I'll say is this.... it's not just us who might think Zach is a significantly better prospect than Sam.  The guys who have careers on the line made the decision (not just a message board post) that Zach is better.  Joe Douglas, Saleh, the QB scouts, etc. have much more on the line being correct than we do about the decision to pivot from Sam to Zach.

In other words, as fans our confidence isn't just that we can armchair scout Zach as better than Sam, we're saying we have confidence in the front office that they can do it.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

drag race lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm similar.  But what I'll say is this.... it's not just us who might think Zach is a significantly better prospect than Sam.  The guys who have careers on the line made the decision (not just message board post) that Zach is better.  Joe Douglas, Saleh, the QB scouts, etc. have much more on the line being correct than we do about the decision to pivot from Sam to Zach.

In other words, as fans our confidence isn't just that we can armchair scout Zach as better than Sam, we're saying we have confidence in the front office that they can do it.

Yes, and our CS is like 1.000% all in, which is great. On the eye test Zach is just leaps and bounds above Sam. I saw it, especially his min pause before each throw but I thought he would learn. He didn't. NE in game 2 is a huge barometer. Having a really bad day does not mean that Zach will fail, but if he has a good game it would be another indicator that maybe he is the guy. I said it in December and still believe Zach is the best college QB I have ever seen

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Your bestest QB ever Trevor Lawrence looked like dog crap on Saturday night and so does his awful wind up (it's ugly). 

Zach Wilson looked 10x better than your "bestest" QB ever (Trevor Lawrence). 

Admit it. Just admit it. Your Clemson squad is going to destroy my FSU and ACC Conference this year and you guys will not miss a single (Trevor Lawrence) beat. 

I'm an idiot for falling for the ESPN media driven Lawrence hype. Your favorite QB looked like ass. 

Pretty childish.

• Upvote 1