Jets Cut K Chris Naggar

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Ammendola *might* be the answer.  Naggar certainly wasn't.  No reason to have him continue taking snaps away.

I'm not sure why Ammendola didn't even get a look in that game. I figured they'd switch off in some way shape or form. At least the extended look at Naggar confirmed he wasn't the one, but does little to assess if Ammendola is.

2 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

I'm not sure why Ammendola didn't even get a look in that game. I figured they'd switch off in some way shape or form. At least the extended look at Naggar confirmed he wasn't the one, but does little to assess if Ammendola is.

This

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

Amendola wins the kicking job

Training camp isn't over yet... I'm sure they'll be bringing someone else in.

Yeah, merged it into this thread because I don’t think Amendola’s won anything yet. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Ammendola kicked the XP and kicked off after the Jets Touchdown and sent it to the back of the endzone for a TB

• Upvote 4

This problem goes back a very long way.  Back in the 60's when the Jets were good we had Jim Turner coming out off the set of a silent movie studio kicking 25 yard field goals while KC had a ski instructor named Jan knocking them through from 45.  

4 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Could be wrong but aren’t there still roster limits even for preseason games. Might have wanted too see more linemen. Ammendola gets his shot this week.

24 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Could be wrong but aren’t there still roster limits even for preseason games. Might have wanted too see more linemen. Ammendola gets his shot this week.

No limit on the number of players you can use in a preseason game.

Ammendola was active, he kicked an EP and had a very nice deep kickoff through the EZ.

He might have got a chance to kick a FG late if the Jets hadn't been knocked out of range when Perine was tackled for a big loss.