Cuts around the league...

Beerfish

22 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Chris Herndon played really good during our final 3 games man.

I'm not ready to quit on this kid until I see how he plays under Mike LaFleur because he was awesome under Bowles as a Rookie until Gase got here. 

That’s fair as Gase is a top 10 worst HC in the history of the NFL…it’s hard to tell

7 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Wow, you really think Herndon has trade value?  I'd love it if he did but even JD can't make bricks w/o straw.    

I think he can have value.   Not that he has it yet. In truth I don't think he does at the moment. 

If he does well in the preseason I think JD will snatch whatever value he can for him. And I'd like to see it as 2023 draft capital or a player. 

11 hours ago, football guy said:

Wide Receiver: projecting no new additions- 6-to-7 on active roster

Like CB and DL, the Jets are going to have trouble slimming this position down. Corey Davis, Jamison Crowder, Keelan Cole, Elijah Moore, and Denzel Mims (yes- despite his camp status) are virtual locks. Berrios has been impressive and the coaching staff has a very high opinion of him. Vyncint Smith, Jeff Smith, and Lawrence Cager have had strong camps. 

Very nice analysis.  I agree with most of it.

If the tight ends continue to struggle, I wonder if there is a chance theyd try to convert Cager to TE?   I remember the Jets making a large WR named Richard Caster into a tight end and it worked out well

• Upvote 2

Vikings are a team to look out for at TE cuts. They have irv smith and tyler conklin ahead of their draft pick zach davidson who a lot of us liked. Probably unlikely, but if they try and sneak him on the practice squad the Jets should pounce. They also have a couple other dudes competing in camp between Brandon Dillon and Shane zylstra, not sure if they are worth a look, though. 

Panthers just flipped former ‘19 2nd rounder OT GregLittle (Ol’Mess) to the Dolphins for a conditional ‘22 7th rounder. Carolina is quitting early on these young OL prospects despite their need at the position.

I DOUBT Herndon is trade-able for anything more than that with what he produced and where he was drafted. 

56 minutes ago, KRL said:

Josh Rosen gets cut again.  Four teams in four years (AZ, MIA, TB, SF)
who saw that coming???  Watching him in his final year at UCLA it
looked like he was "pro ready".  I was totally wrong 

A lot of us were wrong about him.

• Upvote 4

On 8/16/2021 at 10:50 PM, Beerfish said:

You are not looking for immediate impact starters but you are looking to upgrade the bottom of your roster and maybe the guy turns into something. 

Darren Waller was with Baltimore got waived at some point, the Raiders picked him up made him into a TE and the rest is history.

Darren Waller was on Baltimore practice squad who the Raiders signed to their 53 man roster after seeing him work out before their game with Baltimore .

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, KRL said:

Rosen was a rare one that I actually got right.

Really didn't like him at all. He just always seemed "off" to me, both personality wise and on the field. I thought he was really over-rated pre-draft. I just didn't see the special arm talent that he was supposed to possess.

I got Darnold completely wrong though. I was giddy when he "fell" to us which meant there was no risk of us taking Rosen (which I think we would have done had Darnold gone 2).

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, KRL said:

Shows why picking a QB is such a crapshoot. I was so excited when we got Sam, and am more excited about Zach. Maybe it’s finally our turn to be right. 

• Upvote 1

You are not the only one after watching his senior year. You, me, other fans, and TV Draft Analysts all missed on this one. Reports on interviews and his character are generally kept from us. Here is a prospect with all the physical tools who just can’t apply it to playing at the next level. “What a Waste of Potential “.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Rosen was a rare one that I actually got right.
Really didn't like him at all. He just always seemed "off" to me, both personality wise and on the field. I thought he was really over-rated pre-draft. I just didn't see the special arm talent that he was supposed to possess.
I got Darnold completely wrong though. I was giddy when he "fell" to us which meant there was no risk of us taking Rosen (which I think we would have done had Darnold gone 2).

I agree that Rosen probably was the Jet’s backup plan. His political views and mouth would have really clashed with Woody’s. And could have accelerated his demise.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

On 8/18/2021 at 2:21 AM, KRL said:

Couple of us saw it. I called Rosen undraftable.

On 8/18/2021 at 7:08 AM, ManCave Analyst said:

I agree that Rosen probably was the Jet’s backup plan. His political views and mouth would have really clashed with Woody’s. And could have accelerated his demise.

A faster demise than the one he already had?  Like, Woody would have pushed him off the podium and sent him to the hospital?