VERY Early Observations of Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He played with the 2nd string in the first and struggled big time

He got better and the D got deeper and deeper into the roster

Im sorry you love Fields or whatever this is about but that was the game.  I could care less how good or bad Fields is.  I liked Fields and Wilson and was adament that my pick would be Wilson but would be fine, would understand if the pick was Fields

And, yes Fields DID play into the 4th.  He was playing with 5 left in the 4th

Struggled “big time” is subjective.  What’s not subjective is what quarters he played in?  

3rd & 4 at CHI 8

(0:40 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Fields pass short right to A.Pierce to CHI 10 for 2 yards (J.Perry).

END QUARTER 3

4th & 2 at CHI 10

(14:59 - 4th) P.O'Donnell punts 61 yards to MIA 29, Center-P.Scales. M.Perry to CHI 49 for 22 yards (P.Scales).

FUMBLE1 PLAY, 14 YARDS, 0:10

MIA13CHI17

1st & 10 at CHI 49

(14:36 - 4th) (Shotgun) R.Sinnett pass short middle to C.Myarick to CHI 35 for 14 yards (M.Christian). FUMBLES (M.Christian), RECOVERED by CHI-D.Ruffin at CHI 27. D.Ruffin to CHI 25 for -2 yards (K.Locksley).

(14:36 - 4th) Timeout at 14:36.

PUNT3 PLAYS, 1 YARD, 1:02

MIA13CHI17

1st & 10 at CHI 25

(14:36 - 4th) #9 N. Foles in at QB A.Pierce left end to CHI 26 for 1 yard (C.LeBlanc).

10 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Struggled “big time” is subjective.  What’s not subjective is what quarters he played in?  

3rd & 4 at CHI 8

(0:40 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Fields pass short right to A.Pierce to CHI 10 for 2 yards (J.Perry).

END QUARTER 3

4th & 2 at CHI 10

(14:59 - 4th) P.O'Donnell punts 61 yards to MIA 29, Center-P.Scales. M.Perry to CHI 49 for 22 yards (P.Scales).

FUMBLE1 PLAY, 14 YARDS, 0:10

MIA13CHI17

1st & 10 at CHI 49

(14:36 - 4th) (Shotgun) R.Sinnett pass short middle to C.Myarick to CHI 35 for 14 yards (M.Christian). FUMBLES (M.Christian), RECOVERED by CHI-D.Ruffin at CHI 27. D.Ruffin to CHI 25 for -2 yards (K.Locksley).

(14:36 - 4th) Timeout at 14:36.

PUNT3 PLAYS, 1 YARD, 1:02

MIA13CHI17

1st & 10 at CHI 25

(14:36 - 4th) #9 N. Foles in at QB A.Pierce left end to CHI 26 for 1 yard (C.LeBlanc).

Thought he played into the 4th.  Even if he just finished the 3rd it’s the same shlt.  He played against jags in the 2nd half.  
And yes he struggled in the 2nd.  Reads we’re slow.  He did well against scrubs who where totally confused when Fields couldn’t find anyone and went street ball running around

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thought he played into the 4th.  Even if he just finished the 3rd it’s the same shlt.  He played against jags in the 2nd half.  
And yes he struggled in the 2nd.  Reads we’re slow.  He did well against scrubs who where totally confused when Fields couldn’t find anyone and went street ball running around

Thank you for your evaluation.  However, you not knowing what quarter he actual played in kinds of diminishes the little bit of credibility/objectivity I thought you may have had on the subject.  Doesn’t sound like you even watched the game.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Thank you for your evaluation.  However, you not knowing what quarter he actual played in kinds of diminishes the little bit of credibility/objectivity I thought you may have had on the subject.  Doesn’t sound like you even watched the game.  

Actually I’m in a. At and can’t bother looking up the Q.  I said he played into the early 4th.  If he actually played one less series than I remembered who cares.  How that changes my objectivity is a my question.  I watched the game.  That you think he didn’t struggle in the 2nd quarter really brings into question whether you watched the game.  He was rookie like, struggled.  It’s ok, happens, could very well happen to Wilson when he goes up against GBs 1sts.  Let’s see if Fields even given the opportunity to play against anything other than back ups or their backups. Curious why you’re so defensive about a Chicag Bears QB of the future.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually I’m in a. At and can’t bother looking up the Q.  I said he played into the early 4th.  If he actually played one less series than I remembered who cares.  How that changes my objectivity is a my question.  I watched the game.  That you think he didn’t struggle in the 2nd quarter really brings into question whether you watched the game.  He was rookie like, struggled.  It’s ok, happens, could very well happen to Wilson when he goes up against GBs 1sts.  Let’s see if Fields even given the opportunity to play against anything other than back ups or their backups. Curious why you’re so defensive about a Chicag Bears QB of the future.

I’m defensive about truth. ????

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, legler82 said:

I havent given a **** about Fields since we drafted Wilson, so I havent seen this game but because of the responses in this thread, I just decided to watch every snap he took in the game on youtube.   He looked great outside of 1 bad throw off his back foot.  Otherwise, he showed numerous examples of everything that made him appealing; big plays outside the pocket, big throws from the pocket.  He led them on a 2 minute drill to get 3 before the half, and then he scored twice.  People are blowing Wilson for executing a simple 1 read pre determined script vs. 2's but Fields sucks because of 1 bad throw?  lmfao  People are weird man.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I havent given a **** about Fields since we drafted Wilson, so I havent seen this game but because of the responses in this thread, I just decided to watch every snap he took in the game on youtube.   He looked great outside of 1 bad throw off his back foot.  Otherwise, he showed numerous examples of everything that made him appealing; big plays outside the pocket, big throws from the pocket.  He led them on a 2 minute drill to get 3 before the half, and then he scored twice.  People are blowing Wilson for executing a simple 1 read pre determined script vs. 2's but Fields sucks because of 1 bad throw?  lmfao  People are weird man.

All the 1st round QBs looked as advertised I thought.  This may be one of those legendary classes like 83 & 04.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:38 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Between Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields and Mac this could end up becoming a legendary QB draft class. I think they can all become great. But the only one who truly matters to us is Zach Wilson. 

We haven't featured a Franchise QB since dating back to Joe Namath and a healthy Chad Pennington in order to build around (wasn't healthy for long) so moving forward I just want to focus on Zach's development and progression.

(these other kid QBs mean nothingness to us).

Wilson and Lawrence both looked ok to decent

Jones looked whatever.  Not special, not terrible.

lance had one really good play that 80 yd bomb.  

Fields was trash facing the dolphins actual first string.  The 2 tds were both in the second half facing 2nd stringers

13 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Wilson and Lawrence both looked ok to decent

Jones looked whatever.  Not special, not terrible.

lance had one really good play that 80 yd bomb.  

Fields was trash facing the dolphins actual first string.  The 2 tds were both in the second half facing 2nd stringers

@Philc1 I didn't like the performances of Justin Fields or anyone else's in comparison to Zach Wilson but the only QB who was absolute trash was 2nd round pick 4/15, 35 yards, 2 sacks, QN Rating of 36 Kyle Trask out of Florida (now Tampa Bay Buccaneers).

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

@Philc1 I didn't like the performances of Justin Fields or anyone else's in comparison to Zach Wilson but the only QB who was absolute trash was 2nd round pick 4/15, 35 yards, 2 sacks Kyle Trask out of Florida (now Tampa Bay Buccaneers).

Trask sucked? Well duh he no longer has Kyle Pitts the guy we should have drafted