Stupid quote.

Sucks to read it, because at the end of the day no matter how bad he was, he was an NFL QB, and that makes him much more qualified to judge QB’s than i’ll ever be.
Hopefully he’s wrong,
Nah, these guys that have been grinding away trying to establish a media career with little or no success are all just taking sides, trying to make a bunch of loud noises in the hopes they're right on one or two of dozens so they can be 'the guy that was right about [insert highly drafted player here]' - nobody cares about the dozens they'll end up being wrong about, "even the NFL personnel people get them wrong more often than not."
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Facts said:

Sucks to read it, because at the end of the day no matter how bad he was, he was an NFL QB, and that makes him much more qualified to judge QB’s than i’ll ever be.

Hopefully he’s wrong,

Not really no.  Former QBs can be prone to lacking objectivity the most when evaluating other QBs. 

It’s a tiresome take to suggest pro players are better than nearly everyone else at evaluating other pro players.  Very few of these guys go on to scouting/front office jobs, after all.  

Some former players are good at talent evaluation while most of them suck at it.  They’re just paid to have opinions on shows in the designated former player slot.  Listen to Keyshawn Johnson talk about players some time and you’ll end up changing your opinion on this.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

14 hours ago, ganggreen305 said:

“You can’t tell me that Zach Wilson is the second-best player in this past year’s draft. Kellen Mond or Kyle Trask will be better NFL quarterbacks than Zach Wilson. Write that down. Write that down.”

—Former NFL QB Shaun King, to Fox Sports Radio.

So what???

I don’t understand the facination with posting negative quotes about the Jets.  Who cares what this guy says???  I’ll go by the eye test and to me he’s ‘passing’ that test and then some.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Facts said:

Hopefully he’s wrong,

Shaun King has more expertise in scarfing down ho-ho’s than playing QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

“You can’t tell me that Zach Wilson is the second-best player in this past year’s draft. Kellen Mond or Kyle Trask will be better NFL quarterbacks than Zach Wilson. Write that down. Write that down.”

—Former NFL QB Shaun King, to Fox Sports Radio.

Reading this again as I follow the thread, the primary premise - that Zach Wilson, because he was picked #2, is the 2nd best player in the draft - shows that either King doesn't understand how this works (that there is an inordinate value on QBs, and that there is often a consensus 'best player' in the draft that is taken after any projected potential FQBs are taken) or its a hot take. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume the latter.

As for the second statement, that Mond or Trask will be better than Wilson? That's cute. He's taking a stab, but doubling his odds by giving himself 2 shots to be right.

My hot take: Shaun King will be out of the national media business before we know which of the 3 is the best QB.

Does anyone really think Shaun King did detailed research on these players? Watch film of them and made an education decision?  I suspect he's done far less than many fans on this board.

It's much more likely he listened to other talking heads, watched some highlight reels and knew attacking ZW gets headlines.  

It's trendy right now to attack Wilson.  He an easy target right now but like Cowherd just did, he'll likely have to walk those comments back shortly.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1