Who will be the Jets best defender this season?

Who will be the Jets best defender this season?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Put your name on it! Who will be the most indispensable guy on the Jets defense, our best defender?

• Carl Lawson
    • CJ Mosley
    • Quinnen Williams
    • OTHER (post a name in the thread)

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Maye is a good mention, Sonny!  I've been a pretty big fan of Maye but his name doesn't rise to the level of the other 3 guys in the poll.  In my opinion he's that 4th guy though.

I was stuck on your use of "indispensable"; not best, or even most impactful. So, I viewed as which player is lost to injury would hurt the D the most.

• Upvote 1

Having multiple players play very well will be a nice problem to have for a change.

I'd vote Mosely at this stage, but not with any real confidence.  It could easily be Lawson if he is able to finish all those pressures from last year, or maybe QW (I don't think it'll be him tbqh, but it could I suppose).

Hopefully some CB's rise up and play well, thats our biggest ?

On 8/17/2021 at 4:18 AM, Irish Jet said:

Yeah top 3 is high but I think it will be very good. A lot will depend on certain things.

If the corners even play to a mediocre level, if Joyner gets back to his previous level at safety, if Rankins isn't totally washed...I doubt all of these will go our way but there's some serious talent on that side of the ball and a coach who can get the best out of it. 

Exactly. Realistically I can see 10-15 if we’re being optimistic. There’s a new system and lot of new pieces running around (GOOD new pieces), but to think this defense is going to be lights out is premature. Let’s see them not play the Giants before we crown them. I really hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, BloodGreen said:

I wouldn’t count out Franklin-Myers. There is something about him that jumped off the screen when I watched him last season. I’m no football expert for sure, but just have a good feeling about the guy. Only 24 years old too!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Franklin Myers was a monster late last season.  Big reason we won those 2 fluke games against vastly superior rosters

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

For the Jets D to be top 3, the O will probably have to be pretty weak.  Teams don't keep scoring/yardage down forever, but if you aren't scoring they are more likley to play the field position game against you.  We do seem to be kind of run-centric which would help the D.

Our front 7 has to be dominant.  Which it can be.  Lawson was a great signing and QW might be our best draft pick since Revis.  I’m also in love with Franklin Myers

still think our secondary sucks but a great front 7 can cover it up

• Sympathy 1

On 8/17/2021 at 12:52 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m bullish on all 3, but Lawson is my choice.  The pass rush will be key so any success Lawson will have is going to help drive the defenses’s success.  

Our pass rush is going to be nasty.  Those guys QW, Franklin Myers and Lawson all on the line at the same time who do you double or chip block? Does it even matter?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Hard to quantify who the “BEST “ will be. Would it be Lawson if he get 15 sacks Quinnen if he gets 8 and dominates the interior. Marcus Maye if he picks off a half dozen  balls to save games late in the fourth when we are protecting a lead Same   for Bless and Hall ( and I hope all of these come to fruition) Just too many things that can have us fans label the BEST