Jamal Adams signed

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly. 

Fans look at his lack of INTs as if he's a FREE SAFETY or something when in reality he's a SS.

Who's job is to dominate the run game and attack QBs and no SS has ever done it better than Jamal Adams. 

Jamal Adams already has more career sacks, tackles for loss and QB hits than Troy Polamalu did throughout his entire career and Troy Polamalu made an NFL living off living in the backfield. 

If Jets fans want to nitpick career INTs let's start with 2nd round Marcus Maye who's a supposedly BALL HAWKING FREE SAFETY with a career of only 6 INTs (now heading into year 5). 

Jamal Adams job isn't to ball hawk in the secondary (FSs responsibilities) because his job as a SS is to dominate the run game and attack the QB. And no one does it better than Jamal Adams (only Adrian Wilson did it almost just as good).

image.thumb.png.40c83820fb6777419bdfcb29b89c457b.png

Ronnie Lott loves Jamal Adams absolutely loves his game and for a good reason too. He's RAVED about #33. 

Are fans around here really saying that they know more about the nature of physical football than Ronnie Lott Lott himself?

No amount of statistical analysis will change their minds.  I've learned to simply ignore a lot of these threads which are usually chock full of horrendous takes but popped in for a little gloating.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He’s the highest paid and one of the best in the game at a position that the league puts little value on. Still cool, I guess. It’s just weird because no matter how great he is at it I can’t think of a few game changing impactful plays he’s made. Few garbage time picks and some sacks that leave the secondary vulnerable the 70+ times he didn’t get there . Of everything he has done the sacking of the Patriots mascot at the Pro Bowl seems to stand out the most. So I agree, those Pro Bowjs really did pay off. 

It’s not even a few garbage time picks.  It’s a couple…as in two; one of which came in a blowout loss that inserted Jarrett Stidham into the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

No amount of statistical analysis will change their minds.  I've learned to simply ignore a lot of these threads which are usually chock full of horrendous takes but popped in for a little gloating.

Lmfao, statistical analysis and advanced analytics completely go against signing a SS, especially one like Adams, to a massive contract, but go off pretending otherwise I guess.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He’s the highest paid and one of the best in the game at a position that the league puts little value on. Still cool, I guess. It’s just weird because no matter how great he is at it I can’t think of a few game changing impactful plays he’s made. Few garbage time picks and some sacks that leave the secondary vulnerable the 70+ times he didn’t get there . Of everything he has done the sacking of the Patriots mascot at the Pro Bowl seems to stand out the most. So I agree, those Pro Bowjs really did pay off. 

He single handedly won a couple games for the Jets a couple years ago but no impakz..  ok brah.

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

He single handedly won a couple games for the Jets a couple years ago but no impakz..  ok brah.

Name them, because this is absolutely untrue.  He maybe won the 2017 Dolphin home game 4 years ago.  Maybe.  That’s it.

Dallas?  As happy as I was, our FS doing this while the ref swallowed his whistle had more to do with that victory than anything else:

94A42F63-A9BF-4A28-A320-A7BD0DA57E79.jpeg.8508af9bcaa2828207593462042eeae1.jpeg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You can create this universe where SS is an important position all you want.  It doesn’t exist. 

(In no specific order).

Victor Green.

Rodney Harrison.

Lawyer Milloy.

John Lynch.

Darren Woodson.

Bob Sanders. 

LeRoy Butler. 

Troy Polamalu. 

(Just to name a few of my All-Time favorites).

Are you trying to create a universe where these SS's never existed?

(In the game today) 

Jamal Adams. 

Tyrann Mathieu.

Harrison Smith. 

Budda Baker.

Eddie Jackson.

Kamren Curl. 

Antoine Winfield Jr (starting Rookie BEAST SS for SB winning Tampa Bay Buccaneers).

Release any of these 7 players at SS and @ 9:30 P.M. tonight; and all 3 of these beast SS's are signed before 12:00 A.M tomorrow morning (so how can you say they do not exist?). 

I've still got Jets love for you Mogz but I've gotta agree to disagree because personally the SS position has always been one of my favorite positions as a Defensive minded fan. 

Football is 11 vs. 11 and not 11 vs. 10 for a reason; because if you completely remove the STRONG SAFETY POSITION from Football, the game of Football would never be as PHYSICAL or the same (ever again).

The Strong Safety position is the position that made the NFL become strict about helmet to helmet blows because these guys play the position more fierce than any other NFL position and the SS position will always be valued by NFL Franchises.  

Hamsah Nasirildeen wouldn't be a Jet today if not for the Strong Safety position because as an FSU fan he's my favorite FSU Defensive Player of All-Time and that's because he's the most physical DB of FSU history and he feasted @ SS with seasons of 91 and 101 tackles. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

He shined as the best player on a terrible team. He got to go to a winner like he requested and I guess he’ll have a better year two now that he’s paid. Because that always happens. 

"Fans look at his lack of INTs as if he's a FREE SAFETY or something when in reality he's a SS. Oh he is a huge winner.  All of his self promotion worked and he got the big contract."

First 4 years of their careers:

Rodney Harrison - 10

Sean Taylor - 12

Ronnie Lott - 13

Troy Polamalu - 10

Brian Dawkins - 12

Kam Chancellor - 7

Jamal Adams - 2

Not only that the guy who replaced him for the 4 or so games he missed?  Got 2 ints.

Adams gets uncontested sacks while poaching at the line.  90 blitzs, 7 of his 9 sacks were uncontested, free path to Qb 2 were vs Te or Rb.

He is a splashy player that gets sacks that is it, no turnovers, no good pass defense, 100% compromises a teams defense because he can only be effective poaching the line.

No mystery why Seattle has one f the worst pass defenses in the league in a passing league.

IF Jamal created turnovers and IF he was good and not a liability in coverage he would be the epic safety he is being paid for and some think he is.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

(In no specific order).

Victor Green.

Rodney Harrison.

Lawyer Milloy.

John Lynch.

Darren Woodson.

Bob Sanders. 

LeRoy Butler. 

Troy Polamalu. 

(Just to name a few of my All-Time favorites).

Are you trying to create a universe where these SS's never existed?

(In the game today) 

Jamal Adams. 

Tyrann Mathieu.

Harrison Smith. 

Budda Baker.

Eddie Jackson.

Kamren Curl. 

Antoine Winfield Jr (starting Rookie BEAST SS for SB winning Tampa Bay Buccaneers).

Release any of these 7 players at SS and @ 9:30 P.M. tonight; and all 3 of these beast SS's are signed before 12:00 A.M tomorrow morning (so how can you say they do not exist?). 

I've still got Jets love for you Mogz but I've gotta agree to disagree because personally the SS position has always been one of my favorite positions as a Defensive minded fan. 

Football is 11 vs. 11 and not 11 vs. 10 for a reason; because if you completely remove the STRONG SAFETY POSITION from Football, the game of Football would never be as PHYSICAL or the same (ever again).

The Strong Safety position is the position that made the NFL become strict about helmet to helmet blows because these guys play the position more fierce than any other NFL position and the SS position will always be valued by NFL Franchises.  

Hamsah Nasirildeen wouldn't be a Jet today if not for the Strong Safety position because as an FSU fan he's my favorite FSU Defensive Player of All-Time and that's because he's the most physical DB of FSU history and he feasted @ SS with seasons of 91 and 101 tackles. 

BDFE7537-14CB-480B-A855-4AE869F0F171.jpeg.f26b2e94d846c6a994be422bed787dd8.jpeg

All love here too, but what separates all those guys from Adams is the turnovers they created.  Even Hamsah.  Yeah it’s pre-season but that dude forced a turnover in his very first action.  Adams, for whatever reason, doesn’t do it.  That makes him very different from the previous guys listed.  Victor Green had a season where he put up 6 INTs as a SS.  Adams doesn’t even have 3 career INTs.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"Fans look at his lack of INTs as if he's a FREE SAFETY or something when in reality he's a SS. Oh he is a huge winner.  All of his self promotion worked and he got the big contract."

Rodney Harrison - 10

Sean Taylor - 12

Ronnie Lott - 13

Troy Polamalu - 10

Brian Dawkins - 12

Kam Chancellor - 7

Jamal Adams - 2

Not only that the guy who replaced him for the 4 or so games he missed?  Got 2 ints.

Adams gets uncontested sacks while poaching at the line.  90 blitzs, 7 of his 9 sacks were uncontested, free path to Qb 2 were vs Te or Rb.

He is a splashy player that gets sacks that is it, no turnovers, no good pass defense, 100% compromises a teams defense because he can only be effective poaching the line.

No mystery why Seattle has one f the worst pass defenses in the league in a passing league.

IF Jamal created turnovers and IF he was good and not a liability in coverage he would be the epic safety he is being paid for and some think he is.

Pretty much all of this @Defense Wins Championships

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

A lot of people fell for Shane’s trolling. It got so ridiculously awful that instead of admitting that Adams can ball, the goalposts got shifted to is he a hall of fame player lolololol

what’s sad is I pointed out over and over and over that based on breer’s in depth article with quotes from named people most importantly in the war room in draft day, that maccagnan told his scouts to scout two different draft classes, and the jets were not taking a QB the year Adams came out. they just weren’t. 

maccagnan passed on mahomie for darnold. Make no mistake Darnold was the target. 

because of Shane, the angry villagers didn’t care, they got the torches, got in line, and regurgitated the same taking points of slow jag box safety bad 

A lot of you really embarrassed yourselves with your hot takes on Adams the football player. 

Adams is arrogant, selfish, loud, brash, just shut up already annoying. 

It’s the NFL. they try to knock people out for a living. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

A lot of people fell for Shane’s trolling. It got so ridiculously awful that instead of admitting that Adams can ball, the goalposts got shifted to is he a hall of fame player lolololol

what’s sad is I pointed out over and over and over that based on breer’s in depth article with quotes from named people most importantly in the war room in draft day, that maccagnan told his scouts to scout two different draft classes, and the jets were not taking a QB the year Adams came out. they just weren’t. 

maccagnan passed on mahomie for darnold. Make no mistake Darnold was the target. 

because of Shane, the angry villagers didn’t care, they got the torches, got in line, and regurgitated the same taking points of slow jag box safety bad 

A lot of you really embarrassed yourselves with your hot takes on Adams the football player. 

Adams is arrogant, selfish, loud, brash, just shut up already annoying. 

It’s the NFL. they try to knock people out for a living. 

Nobody rational is arguing about whether or not he can ball.  They’re arguing about whether or not he is a player worth trading two 1sts, a 3rd, a player, and paying 17.5 million dollars per year for.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m glad DWC brought up Troy Polamalu.  Wanna know why Troy was great?  Not only did he live in the backfield, he created turnovers.  Troy finished his career with 32 INTs and 14 forced fumbles, including 3 seasons with 5 INTs or more.  THAT was a guy who wasn’t just a SS.  He could play FS, SS, cover the slot, cover a TE, etc.  Seattle tried to cover slot guys with Adams last year and he and his ankles were promptly banished to the shadow realm while attempting to do so.

Yup.

Troy was better at ball hawking and picking off QBs.  

Jamal is better at tackling, living behind the L.O.S and attacking QBs. 

Troy Polamalu:

12 years

• 783 tackles (65.2 per season). 

Advantage #33

• 56 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S (4.6 per season).

Advantage #33

19 QB hits.

Advantage #33

• 14 forced fumbles (1.16 per season).

Advantage #33

• 7 fumble recoveries (0.58 per season).

Advantage #33.

• 12 sacks.

Advantage #33

• 12 QB hits.

Advantage #33

Vs. 

Jamal Adams:

4 Years. 

• 356 tackles (89.0 per season).

• 57 QB pressures. 

• 39 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S (12.2 per season).

• 37 QB hits. 

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 fumbles forced (1.75 per season).. 

• 4 fumble recoveries (1.0 per season).

Literally. The only thing Troy Polamalu was exee better than Jamal at in Football was INTs (and nothing else).

And if I were to post the career numbers of Troy Polamalu after only his first 4 years? And compare them to Jamal Adams first 4 years? Omg. Jamal Adams absolutely EMBARRASS him.

For example...

Troy Polamalu first 4 NFL years:

234 tackles. 

19 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S. 

7 sacks. 

4 forced fumbles. 

2 fumble recoveries. 

2 QB hits. 

Vs. 

Jamal Adams first 4 years (again).

• 356 tackles.

• 57 QB pressures. 

• 39 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S. 

• 37 QB hits. 

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 fumbles forced.

• 4 fumble recoveries 

Thnx you for rementioning Troy Polamalu in order so I could show how outside of INTs Jamal Adams has kicked his ass everywhere else. 

Jamal Adams is well on his way to an NFL Hall of Fame Career (and only certain fans won't admit it).

(Outside of INTs)...

image.thumb.png.340482091ed00d0886a7b8183767a112.png

@Pac

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nobody rational is arguing about whether or not he can ball.  They’re arguing about whether or not he is a player worth trading two 1sts, a 3rd, a player, and paying 17.5 million dollars per year for.

Joe Douglas turned down and declined Jerry Jones offer of a #17th overall pick of the first round for Jamal Adams.

Joe Douglas held off and ignored Dallas because he knew 100% that Jamal Adams was worth more than just a single 1st round pick. 

And then Seattle came knocking on JDs door with two 1st round picks. 

Imo if fans can't give Jamal Adams credit as a football player (on the field) these same fans shouldn't be able to A.) Enjoy Alijah Vera-Tucker and/or B.) 2022's 1st round draft pick from Seattle because C.) They wouldn't be here without Jamal Adams on field greatness as a JET. 

IMO. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

How can that be the question when it already happened?

whats the argument, slow jag box safety bad?

That’s incorrect and only exists here because of the trolling  my nephew the bills fan loves Adams  never brings up tweets   Weird  

im not going to dig it up but the last time I saw a snap count from cimini he had more snaps at free safety than box safety, similar snaps at OLB to box safety and snaps at slot corner and outside corner. Bowles got more out of Adams than caroll did which is interesting. 

it’s a bias. This idea about Adams only exists here. It’s weird 

• Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Rodney Harrison - 10

Sean Taylor - 12

Ronnie Lott - 13

Troy Polamalu - 10

Brian Dawkins - 12

Kam Chancellor - 7

Jamal Adams - 2

A.) Brian Dawkins (FS), Ronnie Lott (CB/FS) and Sean Taylor (FS) weren't freaking STRONG SAFETY'S.

So why are you mentioning them?

B.) Harrison, Troy and Kam recorded more INTs. Yes. 

C.) Would you like to compare all of their other stats after their 1st 4 years but @ SS or no? ?

Jamal Adams first 4 years:

• 356 tackles.

• 57 QB pressures. 

• 37 QB hits. 

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 fumbles forced.

• 4 fumble recoveries. 

• 2 Defensive TDs. 

• 1x All-Rookie team.

• 3x Pro Bowler. 

• 3x All-Pros. 

Don't waste your time by responding with anything except for your favorite STRONG SAFETY statistics throughout their first 4 years...

If not?

You'll admit Jamal Adams is better than them all as an overall beast SS. 

You want to pretend SS is all about INTs as if it's a FREE SAFETY position? Cool.

But don't expect me not to acknowledge how SS is designed for tackling, dominating the run game and attacking QBs more than "INTs". 

Please list all of their other SS stats instead of just cherry picking one single category of INTs. 

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

That’s incorrect and only exists here because of the trolling  my nephew the bills fan loves Adams  never brings up tweets   Weird  

im not going to dig it up but the last time I saw a snap count from cimini he had more snaps at free safety than box safety, similar snaps at OLB to box safety and snaps at slot corner and outside corner. Bowles got more out of Adams than caroll did which is interesting. 

It is weird. 

All of these PATRICK MAHOMES fans have HATED Jamal Adams since day one. 

So much so where I created this thread below on an LSU football message board 3 years ago of 2018. 

While Jets fans were hating Jamal Adams due to being ANGRY about Maccagnan passing on Patrick Mahomes and taking their anger out on Jamal Adams? ?

Real passionate LSU fans who are SEC CRAZED for DEFENSE absolutely raved about this kid (throughout all 4 pages too).  

See for yourself. 

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/from-an-ny-jets-fan-as-lsu-alumni-your-overall-thoughts-on-jamal-adams/78699133/

LSU fans loved him man but only butthurt Patrick Mahomes fans attacked #33 from day one (and still won't stop).

Screenshot_20210817-225210.thumb.png.436cbf1f9bf320221874805fc5500dee.png

• LSU fans know Defensive SEC football and absolutely LOVE him. 

• Jets fans are mad @ Maccagnan for passing on Patrick Mahomes. 

That is the difference. 

33 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yup.

Troy was better at ball hawking and picking off QBs.  

Jamal is better at tackling, living behind the L.O.S and attacking QBs. 

Troy Polamalu:

12 years

• 783 tackles (65.2 per season). 

Advantage #33

• 56 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S (4.6 per season).

Advantage #33

19 QB hits.

Advantage #33

• 14 forced fumbles (1.16 per season).

Advantage #33

• 7 fumble recoveries (0.58 per season).

Advantage #33.

• 12 sacks.

Advantage #33

• 12 QB hits.

Advantage #33

Vs. 

Jamal Adams:

4 Years. 

• 356 tackles (89.0 per season).

• 57 QB pressures. 

• 39 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S (12.2 per season).

• 37 QB hits. 

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 fumbles forced (1.75 per season).. 

• 4 fumble recoveries (1.0 per season).

Literally. The only thing Troy Polamalu was exee better than Jamal at in Football was INTs (and nothing else).

And if I were to post the career numbers of Troy Polamalu after only his first 4 years? And compare them to Jamal Adams first 4 years? Omg. Jamal Adams absolutely EMBARRASS him.

For example...

Troy Polamalu first 4 NFL years:

234 tackles. 

19 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S. 

7 sacks. 

4 forced fumbles. 

2 fumble recoveries. 

2 QB hits. 

Vs. 

Jamal Adams first 4 years (again).

• 356 tackles.

• 57 QB pressures. 

• 37 QB hits. 

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 fumbles forced.

• 4 fumble recoveries 

Thnx you for rementioning Troy Polamalu in order so I could show how outside of INTs Jamal Adams has kicked his ass everywhere else. 

Jamal Adams is well on his way to an NFL Hall of Fame Career (and only certain fans won't admit it).

(Outside of INTs)...

image.thumb.png.340482091ed00d0886a7b8183767a112.png

@Pac

I think we’ll just disagree to disagree brotha.  I don’t think that Troy and Jamal are on the same level yet, but Jamal has plenty of career to prove me wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

Because a team can overpay in a trade?

This is now the best thing that could have happened for the Jets. 

They traded Adam’s for lots of draft picks, and they still have 2 of them. 

Seattle just overpaid him, Will have less picks for other players and hopefully will be worse off.  Seattle should have Franchised him 2x.  Stupid to sign him, but good for us. 

This is good for the Jets 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think we’ll just disagree to disagree brotha.  I don’t think that Troy and Jamal are on the same level yet, but Jamal has plenty of career to prove me wrong.

Yes I just messaged Crusher letting him know I'm done with this Jamal Adams talk forreal because we're all competitive natured and it's beating a dead horse at this point because none of us will admit we're wrong. 

I do know that you wanted Patrick Mahomes so you have every right to hate Maccagnan for passing on Mahomes but it's not Jamal Adams fault and I 100% blame Adam Gase for Jamal Adams wanting out as a Jet and I'm thankful Joe Douglas drafted Alijah Vera-Tucker and 2022's soon to be 1st round pick. 

But yes. Let's agree to disagree. Fk Jamal Adams. There I said it. 

(I can't say anything more than I've already said about Jamal I've tried my 100% hardest but it's time I sign out of this thread).

X____DWC____

(Someone please do me a favor and ban me if I ever post in another Jamal Adams thread. Well. Actually. Just suspend me for 30 days. If it's not about Seattle's 1st round draft pick I want nothing to do with it anymore).

@Mogglez you put up a good fight as did others and you guys made me go nuts sticking up for him ? he signed my daughters shirt when she was 6 now 10 in a mall in Tampa after his rookie season and I loved him ever since he knows how to make kids feel like superstars he's A+ amazing with the kids he raced her around the mall for like 50 yards and let her win he's OG for that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Pac said:

Here's your chance to finally give this one up.  Look..  I was happy with the 2 1sts too but to say Adams is terrible makes everything else you say on the topic irrelevant.

He's a premier defensive NFL player and being paid as such. 

Let it go, Indiana.

indiana jones father GIF

There he is!  Was waiting for you.  Also, I will not.  Seattle will be done with Adams quite soon, he will be a Dallas Cowboy by 2023, at which time he'll have been passed in salary by 5 other Safeties, and my day to laugh at you and Jamal Adams will come again.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Wut? Dude literally accomplished everything he set out to. This was always about ego and money for this kid. Doesn’t care about the game  doesn’t care about winning. Just cares about what they do for his brand. Guy was masterful from day 1, I’m with you homey on this  this, but The Prez won

OK he won today.  Let's see how it takes for Seattle to hate him again.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Just because people here say S's have little value doesn't make it true. 

We don't have to say it for it to be true.  The franchise tag value on Overthecap.com is a great reference point for this.  Only TE's, RB's and Special Teamer's make less on the tag.

Also when Seattle was talking franchise tag, Jamal said he's not a Safety but rather that he's a LB, so even he gets this quicker than you.

Big day for you Pac so I'll try to let you have it.  You just make it so hard to do so.

Polamalu was infinitely better. Good players on bad defenses always rack up tackles, look at Pat Tillman’s tackle numbers. 

Interceptions = possessions. Comparing apples and oranges here.

Jamal can play, but he’s far from best in the league - let alone comparable to HOFamers.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

"Statistical Analysis".  From DWC.  Yes, a very good source.  Pac's trusted sources are:  1) DWC, and 2) 13-year old Bleacher Report writers.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

So did Arthur Maulet, if you're gonna play that game. 

And CJ Mosley made more impact in one half of 1 game over 2 years than Jamal Adams did in his entire Jet career.